Vpop Official Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cutie888, Jun 29, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Cutie888

Cutie888 Married to :@ilovetzuyoda

Currency:
    Honestly RBW isn’t really a company known for having good promotions. Mamamoo was an exception because they had many hit songs but the other groups that they have aren’t really that big.

Uni909 likes this.
  2. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
    Guardian of the WJSN system
    Tell me about it :confused: D1Verse are completely unknown for most people in Vietnam and if they just uploaded all of their stuff on RBW's official site, things could have gone a bit better. Having their own channel so early on was a big mistake. I'm still looking forward to them, but I don't have high expectations any longer.

Cutie888 likes this.
  3. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
    Z-Boys and Z-Girls rumored to appear on a Kpop concert in Manila, Philippines

Seems Queen and Roy will dwelve more into the world of Kpop.

Cutie888 likes this.
  4. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
    I hope Son Tung M-TP in his next comeback will return to vietnamese shows like he did in the past. I think he need to realize he can't do things on his own, despite having a powerful fandom and doing CF. Jack & K-ICM ''Song Gio'' mv came out two weeks after HTCA, and already just 6 millions views behind. And not just that, it increases in a rapid speed, while HTCA is slowing down. I think one of the important reasin is the duo regulary promote themselves on vietnamese programs. While Mtp hasn't appeared on any programs, except that one interview on Kinglive, which was his first in 4 years.

Cutie888 likes this.
  5. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
    I found Jonathan Nguyen's IG and he did say in one of his post he's going to be the 8th member of a established group. Could this be D1Verse, all though they are not exactly established yet?

Also, he uploaded pictures of viet articles of him becoming a Kpop idol. There were articles mentioning Mamamoo, RBW so maybe he's gonna be D1Verse 8th member? :confused:

VVisual and Cutie888 like this.
  6. Cutie888

Currency:
    o_O
    Is D1Verse considered a Kpop group? o_OAnd in the Yan news article, it says that D1Verse’s side already said that it was a false rumor. So what is the truth?

#3306 Cutie888, Aug 28, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
    Uni909 likes this.
  7. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
    I am confused as you are about this whole situation :confused: I do find it weird how he can say so much and post these articles. If he really was going to be a member of group, shouldn't he not be allowed to use social media anymore? Or is all of this a stupid PR stunt that some viets like to do sometimes? And to be honest, his visual doesn't fit with D1Verse.

I think there are two possibilities: He's joining a nugu group or D1Verse.

Cutie888 likes this.
  8. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
    Sometimes I wonder if vietnamese really have the right attitude and mindset to endure the harsh training of Kpop. Just the look at this Jonathan Nguyen, he doesn't give the vibe of a hardworking and humble person. Maybe that's why we haven't seen any viets in Kpop yet?

I've lost count on how many auditions korean agencies has held in Vietnam over the past years and nobody to my knowledge has been picked into their trainee system. Except RBW D1verse, Z-POP and perhaps SM.

That's why the closest to vietnamese idols in KPOP are projects like D1Verse and Z-POP. That's our limit for the moment. We give up to easily and can't compete with chinese, japanese and even thais for that matter.

UNI5's Luc Huy and maybe Monstar's Nicky are the only vietnamese artists I think could be Kpop idols if given the chance. Luc Huy has a good voice and known for working hard in training. Nicky has stardom factor and also hardworking as well. Both seems loyal towards their groups.

#3308 Uni909, Aug 29, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
    Cutie888 likes this.
  9. VVisual

VVisual Newbie

Currency:
    Wow! Eighth member of an "established" KPOP band. It won't be D1verse since RBW denies it.

My mind is running wild thinking of 7-member BGs. Okay, obviously can't be BTS. But it could be any other group with 7 members. Maybe BTOB from Cube -- not too wildly big like Got7 but big enough :)

Cutie888 and Uni909 like this.
  10. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
    RBW could be lying? Maybe he's their secret 8th member... I wouldn't be surprised if he was.

When I found out about this news, I was excited. Now that I have had the time to recover myself, I'm unsure how talented he is. Or if his personality fits to be a Kpop idol. He looks and probably behaves too westernized.

Cutie888 and VVisual like this.
  11. VVisual

VVisual Newbie

Currency:
    Okay, it took me a bit to think and compose a long and nuanced response to your earlier post on his possible attitude and then I threw that all away when I remembered a Lucas clip from a very famous Korean variety show "Happy Together."

You can't be more arrogant than Lucas on his looks and talent in that clip. He has Bona, the visual from

WJSN, all flustered sitting next to him. Bona is widely considered to be one of top visuals in this KPOP generation and she is completely overshadowed by Lucas' confidence.

It has nothing to do with arrogance or laziness. No Vietnamese would be lazy if given a chance. The problem is they are rarely given a chance because of Korean perceptions -- 1) Vietnam's market is small and 2) SEA visuals (outside Thai) cannot attract a wider market in Asia.

Chinese and Japanese idols are used by Koreans for their home markets. But Thais are also used by Koreans not only for Thailand but for the Chinese market too because Thais from Nichkhun to the Thai-line of the Rocket Girls are also super popular in China.

Lucas, btw, is half Thai too and you can tell from the interview how Koreans are infatuated by his looks. He, Nichkhun and Lisa just re-inforces the positive perception that Thai visuals are bankable in China and Korea.

The truth is we need our Nichkhun or Lucas. We can be as hard-working as anyone but still won't get the same chances. You need a Viet who is universally popular to change perceptions. Unless we get lucky with a trainee that a major Korean agency will take a chance on, the best bet is a PD101 Vietnam that can grab a lot of international attention like Idol Producer or Produce 101 CN.

Well, that's my opinion anyways :)

12. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
    I agree of your point 1. The vietnamese market at the moment isn't profitable. But still, you can make money if you know how to push the right buttons. For example some of the bigger names in VPOP makes tons of cash.

I have to disagree a bit of point 2. I think Vietnam besides China has visuals that fits Kpop. But like you mentioned, the korean people perception of vietnamese beauty are of foreign brides living in Korea and many of them have looks that don't fit the korean beauty standard.

Vietnamese are not lazy people, but maybe that extra will power chinese, japanese and thais has to overcome the harsh Kpop training are not common. I'm sure there are viets who has that, but not so many. That's why I wrote in my previous post that groups like D1Verse, Z-POP and disbanded LIME are our limits at the moment. Things can change in the future though.

A Produce Vietnam will definately get more attention and recognition from Korea and other places in the world of vietnamese talent. It can also increase the interest to take in vietnamese trainees from korean companies as well. So maybe we need to do this first to reach the goal of getting a idol in KPOP? Maybe the Nichkhun case was a lucky fluke for Thailand and we might have to resort to other means.

Global project like Z-POP is another way to get a viet Kpop idol, but better executed. Lalary could have been the multinational Kpop group, but Eddie ruined it for me.

NCT-Vietnam when or if they will be made, D1Verse and LIME before them are what vietnamese can succeed right now. V-KPOP groups as I like to call them. If another group like that are getting made, I wouldn't mind if there were 4 vietnamese with 2 korean members. That would make the vietnamese Kpop idols since they can promote in Korea as well in Vietnam.

I hope if D1Verse is doing well, maybe RBW should consider making a sister group as well? They already have former Idol School Young Ju as trainee. She is learning vietnamese and are customed to viet culture, and could be a brige between Korea and Vietnam in a potential group.

#3312 Uni909, Aug 30, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
  13. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
    Not a bad song, but Eddie doesn't fit in the group. And all that flashing is annoying to my eyes. But Hope did a OK job here

14. Cutie888

Currency:
    There are many Vietnamese people that are hard working and have good work ethics, but the opportunity we were given is 10 times less than that of Thailand and China. I remember big Kpop agencies have only been holding auditions in Vietnam 2 or 3 years ago so there might be Viet trainees training as we speak :).

I think kpop agencies will give Vietnamese people more chances if at least one Viet person debuts in the Big3 and becomes successful. Like how JYP was the first company to debut a Thai idol and SM was the first to debut a Chinese one so I think there needs to be a stepping stone and so far we haven’t had one yet. Also not everything has to be about talent because when NichKhun was scouted he didn’t have any talent at all, he was just really good looking.

And this is quit off topic but in recent years I’ve seen that Chinese kpop idols would debut in a Kpop group but soon after they promote solo in China even more than promoting in the group itself, and this only happens to Chinese ones because Thai and Japanese members aren’t like that. I don’t know I’m just someone that likes for groups to promote together and not for someone to be in so and so group but they miss out on like 90% of group promotions.

#3314 Cutie888, Aug 30, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
    Uni909 and VVisual like this.
  15. Cutie888

Currency:
    Uni909 and VVisual like this.
  16. VVisual

VVisual Newbie

Currency:
    Good song, actually. But all I can think about is Eddie flamboyance and it was like "yikes!"

Uni909 and Cutie888 like this.
  17. VVisual

VVisual Newbie

Currency:
    It's all perceptions. Vietnamese are closer to Koreans and other East Asians in looks and culture than Thais but they had a Nichkhun and we hadn't. The perception wall was broken for them but not us.

It is that simple. We need our Nichkhun. A Big 3 trainee with acclaimed looks.

Viets are not lazy and arrogance is actually good in the case of Lucas who is among the most famous members of NCT and SM's new gen.

Vietnam needs that initial breakthrough to show Koreans that our visuals are bankable.

But as that great quora post says, is it worth it? Do we need to be in KPOP where we depend on someone else making a judgement call on our looks? Son Tung M-TP is VPOP's top ambassador to the world. He has no connections to KPOP and doesn't need it.

The reason why Chinese KPOP idols go back to China?

Read this:

https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/07/30/k-pops-big-china-problem/

Money.

When the THAAD ban happened, Korean entertainment profits halved.

For Chinese idols, their own Korean agencies encourage them to promote in China because it provides a revenue stream for the company.

18. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
    I've read her answer and she makes many valid points that I tend to agree. However, about Son Tung M-TP. Sure he doesn't rely on the Kpop wave to get famous, but he did get help from korean directors for his MV's. So we can say he still relied on indirectly help from KPOP.

I think for my personal reason, it's something about national pride. Seeing how immense popular Kpop has become and Vietnam\Korea relationship is very good, I feel it's a shame to be left out of the fold. All other major SEA has at least 1 idol in Kpop. I just us to have a impact on the world of Kpop, like Thailand has with their idols.

But like I wrote before, I think out limit as of right now, is to participate in groups like Z-POP and D1Verse. It's better than having no connection to KPOP. But I hope for a pleasant surprise that we do have trainees in CUBE and SM.

I feel I bothered you guys with too much of this wanting viet idol. I'm repeating myself and it can be tiresome. So I decide from now on to shut up with this topic and rather post on stuff that are happening right now. Like D1Verse and Vpop. Sorry about this folks.

Cutie888 likes this.
  19. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
    I think D1Verse, maybe a RBW vietnamese-korean gg with idol school Young Ju in it, NCT-Vietnam and Produce 101 Vietnam are realistic options for our country to have any representation imo. So any news of vietnamese trainees in Kpop agencies can be a pleasent surprise to me. Like I wrote to Cutie888, I've talked too much about this and I'm repeating myself. :confused: I'm gonna focus on D1Verse and related VPOP stuff, mostly about idols in Vietnam.

Cutie888 likes this.
  20. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
    RBW has released self-introduction videos. They are similar to Produce 101. The rest is on VLive but I'll post them once they are on yt.

#3320 Uni909, Aug 31, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
    Cutie888 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted