Vpop Official Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cutie888, Jun 29, 2017.

Tags:
  1. VVisual

VVisual Newbie

Currency:
    The issue is not just the agencies. It is the state of the Vietnamese entertainment industry as a whole. There is little in Vietnam to highlight and support pop culture. What exactly can the Viet agencies do? There are few shows or venues to support an act. LIME had to do high school concerts.

And it is not just pop music but visual entertainment too. We have no recognizable drama series or stars. As such we are behind Thailand too as an entertainment hub unfortunately. And by a wide margin, so never mind Korea.

All Viets interested in seeing our culture expand into the rest of Asia and globally should look at how the Thais are doing it.

The Thais are doing it just like the Koreans with government support of their popular culture and attacking the Chinese market since it is the biggest in Asia and, frankly, a market that is far more open to outside influence than the Korean one.

SEA culture is considered cool in China and Thai stars are considered beautiful. Very different from the perception of Koreans towards SEA.

If this trend continues, Thailand will challenge Korea in China and across Asia. I think the Thais are already the face of SEA today and unless Vietnam makes an effort soon then we'll fall far behind.

Yes, Produce 101 Vietnam that can grab attention across Asia will help.

http://www.ecns.cn/m/2018/02-11/292404.shtml

Uni909 likes this.
  2. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
    Guardian of the WJSN system
    I like your vision for Vietnam, but at the moment it's not possible imo. The vietnamese market is still small and the quality of both music and shows are very inconsistent. From artist side, only Son Tung M-TP has managed to deliver the goods.

Vietnam is a newly developed country and we are behind other major SEA countries. It will take a couple of years for the entertainment to be stable and professional.

But yeah, I've been campaigning for a Produce V for ages now! I think that could speed up things for VPOP in general.

Cutie888 likes this.
  3. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
    D1verse Minh Tú photo teaser
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cutie888 and Soda97 like this.
  4. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
    Zer09 winning the Global Entertainer Award

Zer09 Soribada performance :cryingr:

Both videos has a lot of dislikes, meaning they are not getting any recognition or acceptance from vietnamese. As dreadful as it is to see them representing Vietnam, I don't think their career will take off.

Cutie888 likes this.
  5. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
    Seems LipB isn't dead yet. New logo and group photo.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cutie888 and iHyeon like this.
  6. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
    BREAKING NEWS PEOPLE! @Cutie888 @Mai_Turn @VVisual

We may have our first vietnamese idol in a KPOP group soon and he's viet kieu! :D Translated by Newsbeezer

Netizen is crazy about beautiful Vietnamese guy added to a kpop boygroup
    [​IMG]

Recently, Vietnamese netizens, especially Kpop fans, are feverish about the news that a Vietnamese-American marshal has been added to the eighth member of a Kpop group with currently 7 people. This guy named Jonathan Hoang Nguyen, born in 1996, is a student of and graduated from the History Department of California Long Beach State University. The type has a very nice appearance, a 6-piece body and many faces are considered SM standard. Netizen also pointed out that he was a fan of Jungkook (BTS) when he took pictures with Cooky.
    [​IMG]
    Jonathan Hoang Nguyen – the hotboy who is feverishly making a net because of his pretty face …
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Many eyes point out that he resembles many male role models, from Vpop to Kpop: Dan Truong, Noo Phuoc Thinh, Hyunjin ( Straying Kids) or Jungkook (BTS):
    [​IMG]

The image of the Vietnamese is praised by the Internet user

As suggested by Jonathan Hoang Nguyen, it is possible that he becomes a member of the RBW – the managing company of MAMAMOO – and member of D1Verse, which also has 7 members, are well trained in Korea and are expected to operate in parallel in both markets Vietnamese-Korean School

The representative of RBW recently denied this. Jonathan Hoang Nguyen seems to belong to a pure Korean idol group. [19659002] Fan is eager to wait for official information to be released by the group this guy will join.
    [​IMG]

https://newsbeezer.com/vietnameng/n...ful-vietnamese-guys-added-to-a-kpop-boygroup/

Original source:
    http://kenh14.vn/netizen-phat-cuong...la-fan-cua-jungkook-bts-20190824204103151.chn

So your prediction may come true @Cutie888 ;)

VVisual, Cutie888 and iHyeon like this.
  7. iHyeon

iHyeon Newbie

Currency:
    artist
    wow vietnamese is such a pretty language , the songs are nice i will check vpop out now thanks to you!:)

Uni909, VVisual and Cutie888 like this.
  8. Cutie888

Cutie888 Married to :@ilovetzuyoda

Currency:
    I’m actually a fortune teller :eek: but he doesn’t look Vietnamese...... is he mixed ?

Uni909 likes this.
  9. Cutie888

Currency:
    Fell free to ask us any questions

Uni909 likes this.
  10. VVisual

VVisual Newbie

Currency:
    Great news! Is RBW saying that he is going into a pure KPOP group run by them or are they just denying that Jonathan is going into D1verse?

If the latter then it could be any agency, maybe even Big Three or a highly touted mid-sized agency like Starship, Cube or Yuehua (this would be my dream)!

Cutie888 and Uni909 like this.
  11. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
    He does look mixed, but there are vietnamese who looks like that. Take for example Noo Phuoc Thinh as mentioned in the article.
    I really hope this is not one of these false rumors we've been seeing in the past years. After him, I hope we see a girl in KPOP idol. Vietnamese girls has stronger visual than guys imo.

Cutie888 likes this.
  12. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
    From what I interpreted, I guess he's not going to RBW, but another company. All those you listed are good ones. But he could very well go to a nugu company nobody ever heard about.

Cutie888 likes this.
  13. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
    Song is OK, but the MV is hella high quality!

Cutie888 likes this.
  14. meemee-00

meemee-00 Newbie

Currency:
    Hi! I've been following this thread for a while now and I've finally decided to post something ^^
    These are some of my favorite Vpop songs:

I really enjoy the singing parts, the rap part not so much. Idk, I'm not really a fan of viet rap :/

I'm so curious as to how popular Vpop will get internationally. Artists like Son Tung are on a pretty good way. The only thing I wish he could do is performing on music shows like V Heartbeat. Not only will that give him me exposure to a new audience, fans, who are not able to attend his concerts, could also watch proper live performances of his new songs (yeaah I'm still waiting for a live performance of hay trao cho anh)

Uni909 and Cutie888 like this.
  15. Cutie888

Currency:
    There’s a fancam, watch it before it gets taken down because it was at the Sky Tour and no cameras were allowed

By the way I’m so glad you like Phung Khanh Ling, she writes really good music, this one is my favorite.

Here are the English subs

Uni909 likes this.
  16. Cutie888

Currency:
    Well yeah we gotta wait and see if it’s actually legit, a lot of Vietnamese writers like to make up rumors and sometimes it turns out to be false. We kinda need the sources of where they got the info from. I got too excited so I forgot about that fact

Uni909 likes this.
  17. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
    Isn't Kenh14 usually very reliable? But oh well, we'll just have to wait and see.

Btw, do you remember the rumor of viet girl who passed the Cube audition last year? If there is a vietnamese trainee, she may end up with former Produce48 Han Chowon and The Unit Lee JooHyun, who just signed with CUBE as an artist. Cube are preparing to debut a new girl group and the viet girl may be one of the members. CUBE has always had a more international approace with their groups and seems open to include SEA trainees(Sorn CLC and Minnie G-IDLE)

https://www.kpopmap.com/fans-can-ex...debut-after-exclusive-contract-with-cube-ent/

Cutie888 likes this.
  18. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
    Last individual teasers.

Quang Huy

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cường Bạch
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Duc Ung
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tran Binh
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cutie888 likes this.
  19. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
    Their upcoming debut show
    [​IMG]

I think their promos has been poor, despite releasing vlogs daily and social media updates. 6thSense when they debuted UNI5 3 years ago had more hype and buzz. RBW is supposed to be better than them, but their promotions of the boys has been lacklusting...

Cutie888 likes this.
  20. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
    I like the sound of this song

Cutie888 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted