Vpop Official Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cutie888, Jun 29, 2017.

Tags:
  1. VVisual

VVisual Newbie

Currency:
    Being wary of the tensions is understandable but you can't pass up on the largest market in Asia or the world just because of it. Otherwise, you limit yourself.

I think both Korea and India have tensions with China too but the Koreans are still attacking the Chinese market in spite of the Hallyu ban. WayV and Boy Story. GIdle and Nature debuted with Chinese members. Bollywood films made hundreds of millions in the Chinese box office.

The ones whom the Chinese government make use for propaganda are Chinese (they consider Taiwanese and Hong Kongers Chinese.) I have not heard of any foreigner idol being forced to make those statements. Yoona, Krystal and Jennifer are huge in China with CF deals, dramas, movies and stores. I have not heard them forced to make a stand on THAAD for example.

If we lock ourselves out of the Chinese market we never approach Korea. In fact we will continue to fall behind Thailand.

For example, Chaoyue of the Rocket Girls is trending and being praised for her acting in a new drama ProjectS. The series is number one on Weibo's drama list and it is a remake of an original Thai series where the original Thai stars are making appearances. Chinese are raving about attractive the Thais are again. So Thais are becoming interwoven with C-entertainment and it will have impact on Korea (and Japan) as well.

The disconcerting thing is we are far closer culturally to China and Korea than Thailand.

Uni909 likes this.
  2. VVisual

VVisual Newbie

Currency:

That is really weird. And how profitable can Indonesia be since it is muslim and very conservative? Lucas, especially, plays on his sexiness.

Thailand going first I can understand. Japan is dominated by a local boygroup, Johnnies, similar to NCT in concept so it might be harder to break into.

Vietnam would be a better candidate than Indonesia in my opinion.

Cutie888 and Uni909 like this.
  3. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
    Guardian of the WJSN system
    @Cutie888 @Mai_Turn @VVisual
    Breaking news!
    We may have a viet kieu becoming a Kpop idol in a veeeeery special matter. If anyone watched the survival show Under Nineteen, the latino contestant Eddie is going to start a co-ed group with him the only male. I think all the girls are asian-american except the one korean girl with little info. Based from what I read so far, Eddie and the group are funded by Kickstarter and they got more than enough money to go through with this project. They are from dance cover groups. Members profile:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Stage Name: Canaco (카나코)
    Birth Name: N/A
    Birthday: November 1st, 1994
    Color: Purple
    Ethnicity: Japanese
    Height: 154cm (5’0”)
    Instagram:cannacno

[​IMG]
    Stage Name: Susie (수시)
    Birthday: July 28th, 1995
    Ethnicity: Chinese
    Height: 165cm (5’4”)
    Color: Pink
    Instagram:susiemeoww
    YouTube:susiemeoww

[​IMG]
    Stage Name: Sabrina (삽리나)
    Birthday: February 16th, 1996
    Height: 165cm (5’4”)
    Ethnicity: Chinese
    Color: Yellow
    Instagram:sabriiina.l

[​IMG]
    Stage Name: Hope (헢)
    Birthday: October 22nd, 1998
    Ethnicity: Vietnamese
    Height: 150cm (4’11”)
    Color: Blue
    Instagram:youaintkawaii
    YouTube:youaintkawaii

[​IMG]
    Stage Name: Eddie (에디)
    Birth Name: Eddie Valencia
    Birthday: December 20th, 1998
    Zodiac: Sagittarius
    Ethnicity: Latino-American
    Height: 169cm (5’6”)
    Color: Red
    Instagram:qxeddie
    YouTube:QxEddie

[​IMG]
    Stage Name: Jinny (진니)
    Birth Name: Kim Hyunjin (김현진)
    Birthday: May 10th, 1999
    Ethnicity: Korean
    Height: 158cm (5’2”)
    Color: Black
    Instagram:jinnindalamp
    YouTube:Jinny in the lamp _

[​IMG]
    Stage Name: Soorim (수림)
    Birth Name: –
    Birthday: –
    Ethnicity: Korean
    Blood Type: –
    Height: –
    Color: –
    Instagram:soorim333

https://kprofiles.com/lalary-members-profile/

Tbh, I don't know what to feel about this. Would have given a chance if Eddie wasn't in the group. I feel his flamboyant and gay personality doesn't appeal to korean netizens, and he's not even a asian. Don't know if they can sing or speak korean fluently. And Hope Vu looks like a typical, average viet kieu girl(no pun intended)

#3263 Uni909, Aug 17, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
    Cutie888 likes this.
  4. Cutie888

Cutie888 Married to :@ilovetzuyoda

Currency:
    I don’t remember RBW having an official YouTube channel? o_O

Uni909 likes this.
  5. Cutie888

Currency:
    I still think it’s not the time right now to be in China, and I think Thais or Koreans who made
    It in China are there because they are given the chance and opportunity. We Vietnamese barely have the opportunity. And I think you once said that having Thai Kpop idols like Lisa and etc haven’t really done anything for Tpop itself.

I still keep my stance that I would rather have a Vietnamese group or artist become famous and promote Vpop rather than them debuting in another country singing another language, but if they do debut then I’d rather them debut in Korea but that’s just my opinion :oops::p

VVisual and Uni909 like this.
  6. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
    They do. The channel has 45k subs, so it's not so far ahead of D1Verse 17k. But there are many international Kpop fans following it because of Mamamoo and Oneus. Maybe they would be curious of D1Verse, if their videos were uploaded there. 1thek would be a WAY better channel.

New teasers

Angela_Cao and Cutie888 like this.
  7. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
  8. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
    Small rant. I have nothing against Trong Hieu, he's talented and seems like a down to earth guy. But how and why does he get these overseas gig? Three months ago he was in Korea performing:

And in Japan and Singapore

Is he really that popular in Vietnam? :confused: I've seen his videos and the views are around 1-3 millions at most. But he still get to showcase himself overseas.

I think it's time in the vietnamese entertainment business, the folks choose Uni5 and Monstar that has more appeal for international fans than soloists. Orange was in MAMA, Noo Phuoc Thinh in Hong Kong and ERIK has been to Korea and collaberated with Momoland, but did it help them gain fame from the world? BIG sounding NOPE! While Uni5 and Monstar through Vpop reactions managed to gain a niche followers and that shows what potential they have.

Now, there is a group going to Korea representing Vietnam, but not a good one. It irritates me why Vietnam doesn't know the differences of good and bad marketing.

Cutie888 likes this.
  9. Cutie888

Currency:
    I don’t really know what the criteria is when choosing artists to perform over seas but Erik and Orange actually did gain some international fans when they performed in Korea. I’m not talking about Erik’s collab with momoland because it was kinda a weak song it wasn’t the type of song that would make any impact but I’m mainly talking about a while ago when he performed in Korea at the same event with some Kpop groups...... I forgot what it’s called o_O One thing I just noticed when I see Vietnamese artists perform overseas, it makes me feel kinda proud that they’re singing in Vietnamese in countries that isn’t Vietnam and they still get claps from audience members that aren’t Vietnamese. Am I the only one feeling that? o_O Sure Vpop isn’t as big as Kpop or Jpop but it has grown a lot, just like how Vietnam used to be one of the poorest countries in the world and everyone looked down on us but it has grown so much...... well it’s still behind compared to some Asian countries but I see development o_O How did I get from talking about music to talking about the economy ?

And about the show that Zero9 is gonna perform at, I think the artists from other countries who got to perform were chosen at random because SNH48 is gonna represent China and they’re not even the most popular group in China at the moment. Monstar hasn’t been active in like forever o_O where are they ? While Dong Nhi is still kinda busy planning for her wedding to worry about Uni5...... which I’m happy for her but it isn’t looking so good for Uni5 because not only did they lose their most popular member but the last 2 songs they’ve released aren’t the types of song that will gain them fans.

#3269 Cutie888, Aug 19, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
    Uni909 likes this.
  10. VVisual

VVisual Newbie

Currency:
    Viet kieus are generally taller than Hope :) But she is cute and I'm following.

I agree with your assessment of Eddie. That is really weird and sort of jarring and makes its a sideshow act instead of a proper KPOP group.

Best of luck to them but it will be tough. Especially since they are depending crowdfunding to start off.

Uni909 and Cutie888 like this.
  11. VVisual

VVisual Newbie

Currency:
    I like to have a Viet in KPOP too. I only think that we should attack the Chinese market too instead of just exclusively looking at Korea. The Korean market is too small and, as I explained, Korean entertainment's international business really mostly come from China and Japan anyways. The international stans spend little (China and Japan are not considered I-Fans and their fans do the same bulk buys to support groups as K-Fans.)

Yes, debuting an artist that sings in another language doesn't really help the local pop culture but debuting one that sings in Vietnamese will. That's how Korea became a music hub. And it began in China -- Korean groups sing in Korean mostly except for sub-units like SJ-M and EXO-M.

In fact, Hallyu began in China with KDramas. That allowed K-Ent the confidence and the seed money to spread to Japan and then the rest of Asia.

The fact that Thailand now have dramas being shown and re-made in China as well as the popularity of Thai idols like Lisa, Ten, Nichkhun and Sunnee and Mimi of Rocket Girls means they are following the Korean path.

I just feel we are being left behind, that's all. But I understand all the political headwinds we face compared to Koreans and Thais.

12. VVisual

VVisual Newbie

Currency:
    It is good to have any Viet sing in Vietnamese in an international setting, especially in an entertainment epicenter like Korea. But I do think that there are better candidates than Zero9.

All non-Korean acts in Korean shows are pretty random. I think Jolin Tsai was the biggest CPOP name to ever appear in a Korean show and that was MAMA.

SNH48 is pretty popular in China as far as idols are concerned. They are fairly well known in Korea too through their looks if not their songs. Kiku (Ju Jingyi) and Kiki (Xu Jiaqi) are considered top tier visuals by Koreans. Their 7Senses subunit appeared at Soribada last year.

I think Zero9 and SNH48 are the only non-Koreans at the show.

13. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
    I know Orange and ERIK managed to gain some international fans, but they are fewer than UNI5. When SAI reached 1 million views under 24 hours, UNI5 posted a video thanking Uni fandom and international fans for their support. I think 2/3 of the comments were not vietnamese.

The same with Monstar when they debuted with #Baby Baby. A LOT of international fans commented, but it must because of ST 319 popular Kpop covers.

My point is, groups are more appealing than soloists amongst KPOP fans.

If UNI5 were invited to MAMA instead of Orange and performed Ke Cap Trai Tim, they would blow up by now. Maybe even more than Son Tung M-TP when it comes to global recognition.

Speaking of UNI5 and Dong Nhi, they are taking in trainees from what I've heard. I've been talking to Sour_of_Lime and she told me 2 girls from the rumored group with May, the ex-member of LIME has joined 6thSense. So maybe they are preparing a new girl group or adding them to long-lost LipB.

Cutie888 likes this.
  14. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
    I would have given them a chance if Eddie was a asian girl. With his drag queen style, knetz are going to go full maniac on them.

#3274 Uni909, Aug 20, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
    Cutie888 likes this.
  15. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:

Photo teasers

Minh_Hoàng

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hồng Phú
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Soda97 likes this.
  16. Cutie888

Currency:
    Orange was invited because she was a new Artist which she won for the best new artist awards Vietnam, same thing with the guy from Thailand that performed he was new and also won the new artist award Thailand. I don’t understand, 6thSense should be working on Uni5 and Lip B not creating a new group......like if she wanted uni5 to keep up their popularity she should have kept them active with good dance songs and we know their last 2 songs were the opposite of that. Lip B has been kept in the closet for so long I don’t think adding new members would help them

Uni909 likes this.
  17. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
    To be honest, I've lost faith in domestic agency and their groups. Vietnam still are far behind Korea and even China on how manage and develope idols. The idol culture is weak in Vietnam and I think it would be better to let Kpop agencies do the job for the time being.

6thSense should just disband LipB and UNI5 will probably just be a low-profile group moving forward. Their whole fame was centered around TOKI. They won't succeed with a new gg either. Let's just wait for NCT-V or Produce Vietnam if that ever happens.

VVisual and Cutie888 like this.
  18. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
    WTF!!!!!!!!!!?!?!?!?! UNI5 will be performing at Viet Cultural Festival in Houston Texas!!! :whatk::whatk::whatk::whatk::whatk:

@Cutie888 @Mai_Turn @VVisual

Seeing how we complain how bad 6thSense are and they dropped this? LOL life is full of surprises :D:D

#3278 Uni909, Aug 20, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
    VVisual and Cutie888 like this.
  19. Cutie888

Currency:
    :omgr:But I’m not gonna be there :sweatr:

Uni909 likes this.
  20. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
    Me either :(:(:(

I googled NRG stadium and it's quite big! This must be a great oppertunity for UNI5 to gain viet kieu fans, and hopefully KPOP fans as well. Most of these vietnamese cultural events draw other curious people.

[​IMG]

Cutie888 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted