[UPDATED]Bashing Thread Voting

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by kyutiemir22, Oct 19, 2019.

1. loomynartychild

Currency:
    Keep it.
    You cant erase negativity, people will just go and bitch somewhere else on the forum. Besides most people saying it should be heavily regulated/deleted dont even go there so theres no point in listening to those trying to thought police people who do.

I mean, this is a kpop forum not a diplomatic social justice bureau

#41 loomynartychild, Oct 22, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  2. kyutiemir22

kyutiemir22 Arya and Gendrys 3rd Wheel
    Events Team . Moderator

Currency:
    Overall there would have been about 72 or 73 votes, I deleted some because they voted twice and there was 1 who didn't put their username. But yes for the amount of people and noise this made not many people voted :L

Haolat, CherrySoda, NaomiBlue and 5 others like this.
  3. xwhisperx

xwhisperx Leader

Currency:
    Derp Queen
    I'm oddly surprised at the outcome, more so because those who we're against it were very loud and vocal about it this past week, it made it seem like they could be the majority in this vote.
    Well good luck amending the rules and such, hopefully there won't be too much to clean up until November in the rest of the forum ^^

Haolat, Nana100000, Burrito and 4 others like this.
  4. Tuturuu

Tuturuu Public Figure

Currency:
    Perhaps the users didn't see the poll? I imagine there will be some protest on this front, but you gave them enough time to vote.

5. kyutiemir22

kyutiemir22 Arya and Gendrys 3rd Wheel
    Events Team . Moderator

Currency:
    I sort of expect it ngl but some of the more prolific and vocal users voted. If they wanted the results to shift a certain way they could have told their friends :L from both sides

Haolat, Burrito, Tuturuu and 2 others like this.
  6. Chewiee

Chewiee Newbie

Currency:
    ARMY
    I don't even know what I'm doing on this thread but hey random stranger ☺️

7. Redan

Redan Public Figure

Currency:
    Lazy student
    That's how it very often is in Life.
    People who are pissed off about something(or extremely excited) are more likely to comment about it in Forums.
    It's human nature.

8. xwhisperx

xwhisperx Leader

Currency:
    Derp Queen
    Of course. But I mean on the brink of this vote itself there were alot of people opposing to the bt thread and yet, they didnt follow through to vote against it, I guess it wasn't that important after all...all noise no action per usual.

9. Redan

Redan Public Figure

Currency:
    Lazy student
    Oh, believe me, if they just had to click on a Yes or No Button that would have been a different story.
    They were just too lazy to explain their reason in detail etc. because they weren't angry enough to care.
    Or they thought that there would be enough other people who vote.
    The problem is that these other people probably were thinking the same. ;)

LovelySerenity likes this.
  10. xwhisperx

xwhisperx Leader

Currency:
    Derp Queen
    That's kinda sad really and irritating for the most part. I'm sure there probably tjreads discussing about the thread as usual in a couple months or less, there always has since its started and well probably new vocal users by then also... The cycle will repeat again. I kinda wanted to see if it would play out differently this time, this year's bunch are a softer breed.

O_o_Cheese likes this.
  11. SMsKKSilence

SMsKKSilence Trainee

Currency:
    I was just on Reddit, and you know Kpop fans have really gone off the deep end when a simple thread asking people to rank the #4 top members in Iz*One in things such as mukbang, acting, aegyo, gaming, variety etc. Is reported and asked to removed. It wasn't even my thread but I feel completely annoyed by it. How much of a special sonflake do you have to be to get so upset about another's opinion? The thread was made in in perfect fun and the op was really nice about it and just seemed like they wanted to see and share everyone's different views of thr members. Yes, some questions were about vocals and visuals but ffs its just ppl sharing their opinions.

The op must have been so confused to see their thread removed like that because of childish oversensitivity which again reminds me of reasons why threads (like this bashing thread) NEEDs to exist.

In a medium like Kpop where even the slightest comment, statement, criticism, or opinion can be taken as "hate" or "negative" and the people behind those opinions get forced into silence like we are apart of some repressive communist China regime or North Korean regime - we need a fair and open space as an outlet. Otherwise it can really make people lose their minds feeling like they are being forced into a herd of some sort like sheep or being constantly censored or alienated.

I still think deleting bashing thread as a "sign of wokeness" is such a stupid and unfair thing. I thought it about OH when they did it, and I think it about this site when they are thinking about doing it. If one thing I always saluted Allkpop for, it is their willingness to give their users a space to freely vent whatver good or bad opinions they have. And I hope they don't ruined that.

I don't believe confined spaces such as these are what idols have to worry about. This place can be easily ignored even by the other foru users if they really want to. To find the bashing thread it's something on here you have to willingly seek out. For Korean idols who don't even speak english, a majority of them would rather be more concerned with Pann that some obscure thread on some half-dead international forum. It's leaving things mostly under their articles or on their SNS that is the major problem. And they need help from their companies and the government (who needs to acrually raise awareness) to help with giving them the right kind of support they need.

Targeting and eliminating a small space such as this where other people depend on to vent isn't solving the problem and it sure as hell wouldn't help reduce it. It would only force these topics onto the main forum, and then what?

In any case, I only meant to rant about the Iz*One thing until I saw the update in the OP and found rhe whole thing ridiculous.

#51 SMsKKSilence, Nov 1, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
  12. SMsKKSilence

SMsKKSilence Trainee

Currency:

13. Lady_luck

Lady_luck Rookie

Currency:
    Fashion Designer.. ikr.
    keep the bashing thread and make it a bash vent want thread with mods who isnt biasted. clearly delete comment that's are blantenly viscous in ie f *whoever's* because hes a f*g. but people have a right to have a place or channel to voice there opinions and if we at all filter that we are no better then netz we hate aiming for some type of perfection and disconnect to what's real.

exalxt likes this.
  14. TaleOfGenji

TaleOfGenji Rookie

Currency:
    Bring back the Bashing Thread!!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted