[UPDATED]Bashing Thread Voting

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by kyutiemir22, Oct 19, 2019.

1. kyutiemir22

kyutiemir22 Arya and Gendrys 3rd Wheel
    Events Team . Moderator

Currency:
    As previously discussed we would hold a voting to see whether users wanted the bashing thread section deleted or not.

Before voting we've set up an alternate option with a few of the suggestions from your fellow akp users.​
    • Keep the section but make it private, even if you have an account you can't view it unless you ask a bt assistant. Which you will then have to confirm with them that you have read and agree to the rules.
    • Slut shaming, homophobic slurs, derogatory terms of any kind get you permabanned immediately from that section and 1 warning point in the regular forum.
    • Limit to 5 posts a day
    • Since we can't disable likes we can wipe the thread clean every 2 weeks
    Heres the link to vote

If you have any further questions, please ask below.

#1 kyutiemir22, Oct 19, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  2. Burrito

Burrito Married to @gemiyuna

Currency:
    Burger King Employee
    Keep the BT.

People choose to go there or not, and if they get butthurt. Then they fucking do, we can't do anything abt it. Butt if it does get deleted or whatnot, don't blame em' when this place becomes dead like great barrier reef or toxic like Chernobyl

ta97s, exalxt, preachit and 33 others like this.
  3. SHANGHAI

SHANGHAI Rookie

Currency:
    Ugh...
    if y’all don’t like the BT just stay away from it, no need to regulate or censor others.
    This will just end with people not wanting to follow the new rules or not bother going to the BT and just spew hatred everywhere.

4. Angela_Cao

Angela_Cao Super Rookie

Currency:
    Analytical HWASA SHOOTER & mathematician wannabe
    TAExas (The Everlasting Radish Farm, TAETAELAND)
    People on this site are going to openly express negative opinions about anything (not just idols, but also other aspects of KPOP and music in general) anyways, so it's pretty unnecessary to delete the bashing thread. If the bashing thread section is going to be deleted, users will find other ways to openly express their own negative opinions like actually making regular (and more public relative to the bashing thread) threads under the KPOP section to express their own thoughts and feelings that would be better off being under the bashing thread and unlike the bashing thread which can be seen only by users who are actually under the bashing thread (which is only a fraction (not too many) of users in this forum), these threads would be seen in a more public sphere, even more than necessary, therefore increasing the toxicity more than necessary. Instead, just make the bashing thread private and anyone who wants to access there needs to go through an agreement first before going there, and for actual regular threads or threads containing posts which would be better off under the bashing thread (anything that bashes idols for anything for instance), just have an admin lock it.

aurax, FranF45, NightChamp and 7 others like this.
  5. kyutiemir22

Events Team . Moderator

Currency:
    Just going to quickly mention that if you guys don't put in your akp username and/or the reason why your vote will not be counted
    Sorry but for the sake of getting the most accurate representation of what you guys want I want valid responses from actual users.

6. Gabriella.Gotti

Gabriella.Gotti ♛ The King ♛

Currency:
    ♥♥ KAHO'S COCAINE ♥♥
    I have serious concerns for the mods, who will literally have to work overtime to clean up constant negativity, if the bulk of it isn't concentrated into one area. They are totally overworked as it is and just a reminder- they don't get paid for their efforts either. If you get rid of the BT, you've got a Lord of the Flies type of set up in the works.

Make modifications if needed but you can't get rid of it. Admins need advertising revenue as well- get rid of the most prolific thread the site has and guess what happens...

7. BTSFANDEEP

BTSFANDEEP Rookie

Currency:
    In forum we can't even post a single opinion which isn't praising and we get attacked. Bt is atleast some place, where we can criticize the public figures. Pls keep it

8. CherrySoda

CherrySoda Super Rookie

Currency:
    I use the bashing thread when I'm irritated and want to vent - usually about Army's tbh - without getting a wall of snarky responses in return. I could do without the BT, but my opinions are usually pretty vanilla.

I think mods should ban bashing people's looks, weight, race, slut shaming (or in the case of KPop "she's not wearing her modesty shorts" shaming) etc. Anything mean spirited and spiteful doesn't deserve a platform. Anything that would be bullying if you said it to someone's face. It's not like there are no outlets on the internet for that. They could take it to twitter, and see how that goes.

9. gh05t

gh05t Chaotic Sadist

Currency:
    Financial Consultant
    Keep it but change the rules and merge it with the rant and unpopular opinions threads, there's no need for 3 threads for negativity and find a way to get rid of the like button

NaomiBlue, 9397Duo, MFZ and 3 others like this.
  10. freakyfantasy

freakyfantasy Celebrity

Currency:
    done.

I fail to understand the need to cater to people who can't find other outlets to vent their frustrations, other than making their thoughts publicly where they can be seen by the subject of their choosing. we don't get a free pass from being decent human being just because Allkpop is too small to get on idols' radar. We don't know that - we have no way of knowing that.

Also, that revamp suggestion : 5 posts a day? there are people so full of hate that they need more than 1 post a day in there? And this is what we want to encourage? Incredible.

11. kyutiemir22

Events Team . Moderator

Currency:
    Unpopular opinions isnt necessarily negative it could just be like, I prefer DC over Marvel.
    And ranting isn't necessarily to bash anyone it could just be I had a lot of work today and got super stressed I need a vacation.
    All 3 serve 3 different purposes.

NaomiBlue, FranF45, topsyoxy and 3 others like this.
  12. gh05t

gh05t Chaotic Sadist

Currency:
    Financial Consultant
    Most of the time it just seems like the bashing thread is these two other threads just with no filter

9397Duo, neraa and kyutiemir22 like this.
  13. freakyfantasy

freakyfantasy Celebrity

Currency:
    very important point i forgot to mention: if the thread stays, which is very likely given how many people seem to ...need it o_O, the like button has to go. Otherwise it encourages people to be intentionally hateful. Farming likes (tf would someone need to do that?) can be done in the thread that's specially designed for that - i know there used to be one, correct me if i'm wrong.

NaomiBlue, 9397Duo, MFZ and 1 other person like this.
  14. kyutiemir22

Events Team . Moderator

Currency:
    Well we can completely delete both and start fresh off the 1pg and keep an eye that all 3 threads dont diverge what theyre supposed to be? Start anew in other words lol

gh05t likes this.
  15. kyutiemir22

Events Team . Moderator

Currency:
    Yea there was a l4l thread, since we cant disable likes though some users suggested wiping the thread every other week instead. To get rid of the likes~

NaomiBlue, Lulu_Key and gh05t like this.
  16. Kamissamaponi

Kamissamaponi Trainee

Currency:
    Lawyer
    I don't like but if it keeps I'll just do not open it and my life will keep the same

NaomiBlue and kyutiemir22 like this.
  17. freakyfantasy

freakyfantasy Celebrity

Currency:
    that's only half a solution. They don't get to keep the likes, but their hate gets the validation they needed at that moment. :/ I just don't understand why we need to foster it.

NaomiBlue, AmmaAffa and kyutiemir22 like this.
  18. kyutiemir22

Events Team . Moderator

Currency:
    I try not to be too judgemental about things here that I don't agree with. I have commented there for sure. I'm human and I have irrational moments like everyone else. This thread has been around since before I was mod too so I'm going off past experiences without it and mods who dealt with the forums when it was closed off. Every indication given is that there is no benefit to closing it.
    Ive said before though, if you guys vote for it to close I respect that decision fully~
    The thread itself I don't care about but I do care about both the users in the regular forum and in the bt section. So I'm looking for a compromise. I know not everyone will be happy but I'm not opposed to change.

NaomiBlue and xwhisperx like this.
  19. freakyfantasy

freakyfantasy Celebrity

Currency:
    if that was your diplomatic way of saying I'm too judgmental, you're right. I reserve the right to be judgmental with irrational hate. I'm human too and have idiotic thoughts going through my head all the time. I often type out responses out of impulse, full on rants that would get me banned instantly. But i have enough presence of mine to delete it afterwards, and not post it. So I've never used the thread, and in the very, very few times i went in there, I read a page of posts and it's enough to keep me away for another 6 months. Why people choose to wallow in those kinds of thoughts, it's again beyond me.

Now of course, i've stated my opinion on the matter, cast my vote and the majority will decide, in true democratic way :)

NaomiBlue and kyutiemir22 like this.
  20. kyutiemir22

Events Team . Moderator

Currency:
    I didn't mean to offend you lol it was in reference to the last part of your post. About not understanding why we foster it. Like I don't understand a lot of things users do but its not my place to judge them is what I was trying to say.
    But thank you for voting!

NaomiBlue likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted