[Update] The East Light

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by mirusako, Oct 18, 2018.

1. mirusako

mirusako Idol

Currency:
    Sailor Scout
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

=
    =

Press Conference today regarding The East Light's recent events regarding the band's abuse and assault by Producer A and CEO Kim Changhwan "B"

(leader Lee Seokcheol) and his lawyer at Choyeongrae Hall
    (181019)

Lee Seokcheol shares that both he and his brother, Lee Seunghyun have endured being beaten by Producer A

Lee Seokcheol shared that Kim Changhwan, their CEO, was aware of the situation and would watch the two of them be beaten up in the 5th floor studio

Seokcheol shares for the past 4 years, beginning in 2015, he and the members would be clubbed by a baseball bat, the abuse would occur everywhere within the company, studios, practice rooms

The members were hit at times more than 50 times across their bodies with a baseball bat, at times when they were hit in the head, there would be lots of blood While being beat up in these rooms, the members of TheEastLight. had no where to run because rooms would be locked

Seokcheol also shares that when he wasn't following instructions or made mistakes, he would be choked with a guitar string. On top of all of this, his parents would visit every week, but they were so afraid of sharing the truth due to death threats by their Producer

Currently, Seokcheol and his brother Seunghyun have moved out of the group's dorm and are currently staying somewhere near the studio Seokcheol is the TheEastLight.'s leader and drummer, his brother Seunghyun is the group's bassist

Seokcheol is now receiving psychological therapy to help with the trauma that he has had to face

Seokcheol shares he cannot comment on the other members assault but assures that if an criminal investigation is opened, truth will reveal itself

Producer A is revealed to be Yoon Youngil.

Seokcheol reveals that no one would realise the abuse would occurring as majority of the time events would take place in areas where rooms were soundproofed making it difficult for noise to be heard from outside the rooms

Seokcheol even share that company support was very poor, his own instruments were purchased at the expense of his parents, he was not supplied instruments by the company

source: https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=312&aid=0000353733…
    Trans cr: balloon_wanted

=
    =

Lee Seokcheol and his brother Lee Seunghyun have plans to take legal action against their company It is also noted that another party involved, director Lee Junghyun was also covering and neglecting the group's status, making them appear and perform while hurt

Lee Seokcheol's brother, Lee Seunghyun is currently being discharged from the hospital after undergoing treatment for trauma and receiving psychological care for his well-being

With TheEastLight.'s situation being brought to light, Seokcheol will ultimately end his activities with the band. Seokcheol hopes that by sharing his story, that child abuse and abuse in the music industry can come to an end.

In March 2015 at Media Line's old basement training room Producer A, Yoon Youngil, had turned off their CCTV system and covered the windows without any reason and began beating (Seokcheol) 20 times with a baseball bat

March 2015 in Media Line's 5th floor studio CEO of Media Line, Kim Changhwan forces Lee Seunghyun, who is currently a middle schooler, to smoke an e-cigarette that he receives as a gift

June 2015 at Media Line's old basement training room at around 1PM KST Producer A, Yoon Youngil, notices that the fabric on his massage chair has ripped He then proceeds to beat members using a metal mic

October 2015 at Media Line's Rooftop between 8PM-9PM KST Lee Eunsung was late, members of TheEastLight. were struck 10 times with a metal mop

August 2016 at Media Line's 5th Floor Recording Studio at 7PM KST Seokcheol was practicing TheEastLight.'s debut song "Holla" while having guitar strings tied around his neck Every time he made a mistake, the ropes would tighten, reoccurring till 3AM in the morning

August - November 2016 at Media Line's 5th Floor Recording Studio CEO Kim Changhwan, tells Producer A, Yoon Youngil while TheEastLight. is practicing "Holla", "These kids must debut even if it means we are going to put a hole in their heads"

November 2016 at Media Line's Rooftop Lee Seunghyun wasn't following Yoon Youngil (A)'s Instagram, A pulled Seunghyun by his hair slapping him in the face 3 to 4 times, and then later hit him with a baseball bat, striking him 2 to 3 times

November 20th, 2016 at Media Line's Basement During dinner, Lee Seunghyun was showing "rudeness" to their CEO, Kim Changhwan Yoon Youngil (A) then threatened to kill Seunghyun and then beat him with a baseball bat 20 times

January 21st, 2017 at Media Line's Basement around 1PM KST Lee Seunghyun doesn't properly follow instructions for a Facebook post, Yoon Youngil (A) proceeds to hit him 30 times with a metal baseball bat

June 13th, 2017 at Media Line's 5th floor recording studio between 8PM - 12AM KST Lee Seunghyun was brought into the studio after playing soccer, locked inside and was beaten - hair was torn, arm was broken, kicked in the head, etc. by Yoon Youngil (A) CEO comments "Go easier"

Lee Seunghyun received a medical certificate recording his injuries on June 20th During the incident, members of TheEastLight. were downstairs and could hear Seunghyun screaming, however, members were frightened for their lives too

source: https://t.co/JlNSf71ofe
    trans cr: balloon_wanted

=
    =

[​IMG]

by beansss
    @ Allkpop

On October 19 at 11 AM KST, The East Light's leader Lee Suk Chul appeared in front of the press with his legal representative, and gave a full testimony regarding the violence and abuse that he and his band members suffered.

Lee Suk Chul said, "From 2015 through 2017, I was habitually hit by Yoon Young Il PD with a baseball bat. I was constantly told that if I told my parents, he would kill me. My younger brother [and band member] Lee Seung Hyun was beaten while locked up in a studio on the 5th floor. Fellow member Lee Eun Sung bled many times after being beaten with a bat. The label's chief director Kim Chang Hwan did not prevent these actions, but only commented, 'Go easy'. Director Lee Jung Hyun made us go on broadcasts with our wounds untreated. My younger brother and bassist Lee Seung Hyun is currently receiving psychiatric treatment after developing trauma from these experiences."

Lee Suk Chul added in tears, "Even now, it is difficult as I was threatened with the lives of the other members on the line. I was abused with guitar cables around my neck, getting choked to the point of bruising and scarring if I made mistakes. My parents saw my scars, but I wasn't able to consult them due to the threats."

Lee Suk Chul wrapped up his testimony with, "As the leader of The East Light as well as a K-Pop singer, I could not sit and watch any longer, and I decided to attend this press conference today in the hopes that abuse and assault of minors in the K-Pop scene will disappear from here on."

Additionally, Lee Suk Chul addressed his plans to take legal actions against the Media Line Entertainment PD and executives.

"Our members as well as our parents asked the label to take preventative measures. The label promised that there would be no more contact [between the band and the PD], but one month later, the the same actions were repeated.

I'm not sure how to address the legal action portion currently, as it is difficult for me to give a statement regarding the other members.

However, in the case that I must participate in legal investigations, I will do my best."
    Lee Suk Chul's lawyer then stepped forward to reveal, "Currently, Lee Suk Chul and [younger brother] Lee Seung Hyun are preparing to take legal action against the company.

Their parents have been preparing for it for over two weeks. Because the other members are still minors, we are taking cautions in discussing this matter with them."

Yesterday, Media Line Entertainment issued a statement claiming that this matter was resolved between the band and the company; however, it seems the band members are still in disagreement with the label.

=
    =​

The East Light’s Lee Seok Cheol Opens Up About Recent Reports Of Abuse + To Take Legal Action

[​IMG]

by J. Lee
    @ Soompi
    The East Light’s leader and member Lee Seok Cheol recently opened up about the physical and verbal abuse from their agency’s producer and CEO.

Warning: Article contains descriptions of violence.

On October 19, along with a lawyer named Jung Ji Seok, Lee Seok Cheol attended the planned press conference and spoke on the recent reports of abuse. Previously, it was reported that the members of The East Light suffered from physical and verbal abuse from producer “A” as well as Media Line Entertainment’s CEO Kim Chang Hwan starting from before their debut until last year.

During the press conference, Lee Seok Cheol stated, “As the leader of The East Light and as one of the K-pop artists who lead Korean culture, I could no longer tolerate the pain that our members were going through. We decided to hold a press conference in hopes of eliminating child abuse and violation of human rights in the K-pop industry.”

[​IMG]

He shared, “From 2015 to 2017, the producer repeatedly made us get on the floor as he hit our buttocks with baseball bats and iron bars in the practice room or in the recording studio. He even threatened to kill us if we ever told our parents.”

Lee Seok Cheol also mentioned his little brother Lee Seung Hyun, who is in the same group. “My brother was locked in the recording studio and the producer hit his head, thighs, arms, and buttocks so many times. His head had bloody wounds and bruises. He’s been traumatized after all the threats and violence, and he is currently getting psychotherapy treatment.”

[​IMG]

The group’s lawyer Jung Ji Suk also revealed that Lee Seung Hyun was forced to leave the group after protesting to the CEO about the return of producer “A” to the agency. Jung Ji Suk stated, “Lee Seung Hyun and Lee Seok Cheol’s parents did not know about this until the agency promised them that violence towards the members would never happen again. They did not know that the violence happened repeatedly. They only knew about one incident. They found out about the whole situation after they pleaded with their sons to tell them everything when Lee Seung Hyun got removed from the group.”

He added, “Not only Lee Seung Hyun but also Lee Seok Cheol decided that they cannot stay with this inhumane agency any longer. We have decided to take legal action against both producer ‘A’ and CEO Kim Chang Hwan.”

The East Light’s agency previously released an official statement regarding producer “A” as well as the CEO.

Source (1) (2)

Top photo credit: Xportsnews

=
    =​

=
    =

The East Light’s Agency CEO Issues Statement Following Press Conference About Abuse

[​IMG]

by J. K
    @ Soompi

Media Line Entertainment CEO Kim Chang Hwan issued a statement after The East Light’s leader Lee Seok Cheol opened up at a press conference on October 19 about the verbal and physical abuse that the group members have suffered under the CEO and a producer (referred to as “A”).

The statement reads as follows:

“This is Kim Chang Hwan, the CEO and general producer of The East Light’s agency Media Line Entertainment.

“Firstly, as the person who is responsible for Media Line Entertainment and The East Light, I am strongly aware of my faults and apologize profusely for what has arisen because I was unable to properly manage the staff.

“As I watched Lee Seok Cheol’s press conference, my heart ached as much as it did when I first found out a year and four months ago that the members had been victims of assault. However, as was stated yesterday, while working with many artists in the past 30 years of my career, I have never once instigated or abetted violence, and while there have been times where I’ve taught or cautioned the members, I state once again that I have never committed verbal abuse or assault.

“I humbly accept the criticism in regards to my mistakes and negligence, and I will try to dispel all doubts by approaching them with honesty. However, for the future of the remaining four members of The East Light, we will be making an active response in regards to acts of defamation committed through exaggerated false information.

“I apologize once again for causing concern through this controversy.”

It was first reported on October 18 that the members of The East Light have been verbally abused by Kim Chang Hwan and physically abused by producer “A” since 2015. At the press conference on October 19, The East Light’s lawyer stated that the group will be taking legal action against both “A” and Kim Chang Hwan.

Source (1)

=

[​IMG]

by elliefilet
    @ Allkpop

Media Line Entertainment CEO Kim Chang Hwan has released an official statement following The East Light leader Lee Suk Chul's testimony.

CEO Kim Chang Hwan and former agency producer A are facing allegations of verbal and physical abuse against the members of The East Light, who are minors.

Kim Chang Hwan stated the issues had been resolved and the producer resigned, but Lee Suk Chul revealed in a press conference that the abuse did not stop even after discussions with the members' parents.

The Media Line Entertainment CEO's full statement is as follows:

"This is Kim Chang Hwan, the president and general manager of The East Light's company Media Line Entertainment.
    Firstly, I sincerely apologize for not properly managing the company staff as someone who's responsible for both Media Line Entertainment and The East Light.
    I watched Lee Suk Chul's press conference feeling both sick and hurt like I did when I discovered the members of The East Light had been abused 1 year and 4 months ago.
    I would like to state once again that I have never been part of any abuse or assault in the last 30 years. I've also never encouraged or provided orders to abuse anyone.
    This includes when it came to guiding the members of The East Light.
    I will accept the criticism for my behavior and wrongdoing.
    I will reflect and try to resolve the conflicts with a sincere mindset.
    I'll provide you with future news for the 4 remaining members of The East Light.
    Once again, I deeply apologize for the controversy this issue has caused."

=
    =

=

=
    =

#1 mirusako, Oct 18, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  2. Spinereader

Spinereader Leader

Currency:
    I hurt just looking at this guy! It amazes me that there are agencies this sadistic still.

Milk, Blabluegree and Golden_Wishes like this.
  3. mirusako

mirusako Idol

Currency:
    Sailor Scout
  4. mirella

mirella Married to @Silverfang719

Currency:
    rap enthusiast
    Oh my goodness, that is awful :(

I know a lot of idols are tied to their agency, but if there's this level of abuse going on, I'm afraid for their safety. They need to leave immediately. Especially since the CEO knew and did nothing...

5. mirusako

mirusako Idol

Currency:
    Sailor Scout
  6. mirusako

mirusako Idol

Currency:
    Sailor Scout
    Press conference is going on now, so updates will continue (if any).
    I'm going to add balloon_wanted's translation in op.

7. mirusako

mirusako Idol

Currency:
    Sailor Scout
  8. JUDEX

JUDEX Super Rookie

Currency:
    I can't look at these pics :(

9. mirusako

mirusako Idol

Currency:
    Sailor Scout
  10. Spinereader

Spinereader Leader

Currency:
    Thank you for sharing all this. I hope they've all moved out. I can't see any of their parents letting them stay.

Milk and Golden_Wishes like this.
  11. mirusako

mirusako Idol

Currency:
    Sailor Scout
  12. mirusako

mirusako Idol

Currency:
    Sailor Scout
  13. Queen

Queen A-List

Currency:
    Jihyo's gf & pro Chen stan
    I saw news about this earlier and it's horrifying.

Milk and Golden_Wishes like this.
  14. mirusako

mirusako Idol

Currency:
    Sailor Scout
  15. Rainbow_unicorn

Currency:
    Damn it so scary and sad. Hope they will get the best way out asap.

Golden_Wishes likes this.
  16. mirusako

mirusako Idol

Currency:
    Sailor Scout
    added allkpop's article in op

Golden_Wishes likes this.
  17. Not_interested

Not_interested Super Rookie

Currency:
    Jobless shit
    I found out about them few days ago because of their cute interaction with got7 Jinyoung during Kcon Thailand. And found out that cutie Woojin from p101 is maknae of the east light. :( they debuted so young still underage. It is basically child abuse.

Milk likes this.
  18. mirusako

mirusako Idol

Currency:
    Sailor Scout
  19. mirusako

mirusako Idol

Currency:
    Sailor Scout
  20. mirusako

mirusako Idol

Currency: