Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

[Update] Big Hit Sales Report (all thanks to just 1 group)

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by mirusako, Mar 21, 2018.

1. mirusako

mirusako Star

Sailor Scout

=
    =

BigHit Entertainment Reports 214 Percent Increase In Profit After BTS’s Record-Breaking 2017

[​IMG]

BigHit Entertainment has reported a staggering increase in its profits after a remarkably successful year for BTS!

According to official financial reports released on March 22, the agency’s total revenue in 2017 soared to an impressive 92.4 billion won (approximately $86.9 million), marking a 162 percent increase from 2016.

BigHit Entertainment also recorded operating profits of 32.5 billion won (approximately $30.4 million) and net profits of 24.6 billion won (approximately $23.1 million) in 2017, enjoying respective increases of 214 percent and 173 percent from the year before.

Additionally, the agency’s assets increased by 221 percent to 61.2 billion won (approximately $57.5 million), while its capital rose 160 percent to 40.5 billion won (approximately $38.1 million).

Sources at BigHit Entertainment remarked, “2017 was a year in which BTS’s domestic and foreign success translated into financial results. In every way, we achieved the highest performance and growth in the history of the company since its founding in 2005.”

They went on, “Not only did we achieve externally visible growth, such as increased revenue, but we also saw qualitative growth in terms of diversifying our profit and revenue streams, which we think is encouraging.”

According to Gaon Chart data, BTS’s most recent album “Love Yourself: Her” achieved record-breakingsales of over 1.49 million copies in 2017. The group’s “2017 BTS Live Trilogy Episode III: The Wings Tour” also drew a total of more than 550,000 concertgoers, proving the idols’ impressive popularity both in Korea and all over the world.

Source (1)

Source: OSEN via Nate​

[​IMG]

1. [+642, -33] Daebak, BTS has basically become a brand of their own... congratulations. This nuna fan genuinely supports you.

2. [+525, -29] Amazing ㅎㅎ let's keep it up!!

3. [+496, -30] Really amazing ㅎㅎ I have a feeling this year is going to be even more daebak. Let's keep going.

4. [+43, -0] Their company is continuing to grow and CEO Bang Shi Hyuk has a batting eye who knows what he's doing and our boys have the wings to reach places that no one has gone before. All my support for Big Hit and BTS.

5. [+38, -0] I remember reading in another article that a prominent investor reached out to Bang Shi Hyuk before BTS' debut with interest in investing in his company. The reason was that Bang Shi Hyuk had a reputation in the industry for being super clean with his finances. That investor earned back a dozen times more than he invested. That's how amazing Bang Shi Hyuk is, and I know he's going to take BTS down a strong path...

6. [+37, -0] Us fans are ready to spend our money so keep it going ㅋㅋㅋ BTS, Bang PD, Big Hit, and all the staff, fighting to everyone, let's take it all this year too!!!

7. [+35, -0] All it takes is one well produced group to hit jackpot

8. [+29, -0] They still don't have a building of their own because they'd rather invest that money in their own artists. They really spare nothing when it comes to investing in BTS and BTS repays that by earning double and triple that!

9. [+27, -0] They're going to do doubly well this year, that was just a warm up~~

10. [+26, -1] Just put out an album, we'll handle the rest~~~~~~ let's keep it going this year

-
    cr: Netizen BUzz

#1 mirusako, Mar 21, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
    AmmaAffa, mirella, LaNa10 and 14 others like this.
  2. mirusako

mirusako Star

Sailor Scout
  3. lizvip

lizvip Star

They did great. As expected considering that they have 1 group and not a lot of staff to pay off.
    If their brother group do well, they can increase it, have to wait and see.

4. KariSi

KariSi Artist

Dowoons Wife and Lover
    Wow they hit it big

5. drakan

drakan Artist

BigHit be like...having more than 1 group is overrated.

AmmaAffa and LadyS like this.
  6. ashleymarie

ashleymarie Artist

7. Queen

Queen Legend

Jihyo's gf & pro Chen stan
    there's a pun here and I love it

mirusako likes this.
  8. mirusako

mirusako Star

Sailor Scout
    lol

Queen likes this.
  9. shakennotstirred

so... how much of that profit did BTS get? I am more interested in that xD like they need to get paid xD

Blabluegree likes this.
  10. annoyed

annoyed Artist

They probably got something considering they're in the making of their music and such, but i also wanna know how much they made as a group

shakennotstirred likes this.
  11. mirusako

mirusako Star

Sailor Scout
    op updated

12. Chloe0611

Chloe0611 Artist

ARMY's Cult Member
    We do not know. I believe they are paid very well considering they also receive royalties for producing music. They are not on Big Bang's level like able to afford a super expensive sport car or owning some other valuable properties but I believe they will be so if they continue to be successful ^^~. Their privacy is well-protected and so even ARMYs don't know what they are up to. We probably know some things like Jimin bought a car for his parents for Jungkook bought a new house for his parents, RM took his parents out for vacation in Europe but we do not know their spending habit to predict the amount of assets they own or how much they are paid. Maybe wait until BH files an IPO. A private company going public might be able to reveal the % the artists receive (idk i study business but i'm so dumb at this).

AmmaAffa and shakennotstirred like this.
  13. mirusako

mirusako Star

Sailor Scout
    op updated w/ knetz reactions

freysan likes this.
  14. LadyS

LadyS Star

Botmy
    We do not know for sure BUT

Seeing as bts was a subsidiary of jyp and bang pd and jyp are actually friends, I tend to believe their share is as the same as them and I think I read somewhere it was ~50% that would have to be divided between the group which isn’t bad at all... let’s say they make 1mio in a comeback (which let’s be real, easily done) they all get roughly 71.5 k each

15. Guinhggf

Guinhggf Artist

Because they're big hit sure they gonna hit it big.

16. randomstrang3r

Oh, this is from yesterday article. SV Investment invested in BigHit 4B won, way before BTS debuted and earned 108B won. Idk if he was just lucky or he's really clever. That was like he hit a jackpot.

freakyfantasy and rairte like this.
  17. KookievsCookie

I'm so happy for Big Hit. They and BTS deserve this so much. I'm interested how much their sales will grow if they debut a new group. :)

18. Yabie

Yabie Star

crazy

i wonder how much they gonna make this year with the global puma endorsment and bt21.

Mirajess likes this.
  19. lepidoptera

lepidoptera Entertainer

20. K_Pop_Captain

What do you think each member is worth they must be pretty rich by now