Unpopular Opinions Thread/ It's So Funny How...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Galaxy_Angel, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Galaxy_Angel

Galaxy_Angel Newbie

Currency:
    "I think its funny how" B.A.P sings about serious issues, are dorks, have very sweet personalities and slave for their success right along with BTS but they are still pushed aside. I mean like wtw?!
    upload_2018-4-9_17-54-47.jpeg

Share your unpopular opinions about ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING! Of course, all respectfully.

2. Leean_Taeyong

Leean_Taeyong A-List

Currency:
    Factory Shit
    RULE - No quoting each other

으컁컁준수 and Galaxy_Angel like this.
  3. Galaxy_Angel

Galaxy_Angel Newbie

Currency:
  4. Galaxy_Angel

Galaxy_Angel Newbie

Currency:
    (deeper)
    "I think its funny how" people say "If you're not___ you cant say anything" but if you mention you are ____ they say "You don't speak for all of us" XD

it kills me :teeheek:

Princess and 으컁컁준수 like this.
  5. Iris_Dragonoure

Currency:
    Seventeen Garbage
    Unpopular Opinion: I don't think EXP Edition are really as bad as people say they are.

6. Venomous

Venomous Idol

Currency:
    Artist
    We already had multiple unpopular opinions threads, you could've searched up and resurrected the original.

7. Galaxy_Angel

Galaxy_Angel Newbie

Currency:
    I could've but I didn't muhahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahhahhahahahahhahaha
    [​IMG]

8. kimhyunjoong334

Currency:
    unpopular opinion: If a word or phrase is offensive let it stay offensive for everyone. If it's changed into something enduring or used in a song let it be like that for everyone (unless they use it by the original meaning or add it in by themselves)

Galaxy_Angel and Queeeenie like this.
  9. 으컁컁준수

으컁컁준수 Worldwide Star

Currency:
    Venomous has a good point you could have brought back the original
    but also some OP's get upset when old threads are brought back....also sometimes a new platform especially with these kinds of threads can help clear the air for new discussion so I don't think it's that bad :p that's just me

My unpopular opinion (which I have mentioned before but will mention again):
    People who are over weight should try to get back into healthy weight range. I don't support the overweight acceptance movement, nor do I accept body shaming. People shouldn't be publicly shamed or humiliated for their weight. But they shouldn't try to embrace a weight that will kill them, either. It's hard to have a healthy diet. I've jumped both ends of the spectrum I know, That's why people shouldn't be judged to harshly for the weight they are at, but they really should try to be healthy. Why would you want to give yourself diabetes, amputations, heart attacks, strokes, popped blood vessels which can blacken and kill your extremities, constant out of breathness, uncomfortability and eventually death? And even if it's your personal choice to remain that way, even though I see absolutely no reason why anyone would want that....even that's okay ....I guess BUT making it into a movement, trying to teach the younger generations that this deathly state should be embraced is wrong. If it's your choice to maintain the weight that is above what is healthy then that is your choice, but you should not mess with the children of the future by conflicting them between, "acceptance", and leading long, proactive healthy lifes. No one is saying you should be shamed for your weight. That is wrong, but you should NOT teach others to embrace something that will indeed kill them. To me personally that is morally corrupt, and is harmful to more people than just yourself.

1 bonus unpopular belief: I'm not against people who are against homosexuality other such things. If your religion says homosexuality is wrong, than I respect your belief, as long as you respect my right to live as I choose. According to your beliefs, on the day of judgment I will be punished for my 'wrong doings' so let God punish me, don't take it into your own hands. I respect anybody who can respect me even if their beliefs go against everything I stand for...because I know as well I have beliefs that go against everything someone else stands for, so we all have these difference but we all still are on one earth together so might as well let differences be differences and agree to disagree :)

10. IQYZS

IQYZS Married to @igloo

Currency:
    -

#10 IQYZS, Apr 9, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
    Galaxy_Angel likes this.
  11. RavenHikari

RavenHikari Married to : @InSFCube

Currency:
    Loves Adu's Voice
    The original owner of the unpopular opinions thread left the forum a while ago.​

Galaxy_Angel and 으컁컁준수 like this.
  12. 으컁컁준수

으컁컁준수 Worldwide Star

Currency:
    I'm Sorry I don't know who started the original bashing thread, that is my bad

Galaxy_Angel likes this.
  13. Queeeenie

Queeeenie Leader

Currency:
    See I always say that BTS' success isn't anything to do with singing about social issues because BTS weren't the first people to do that. I don't think their personalities were their USP either.
    Good management, extensive promotion, eye catching music videos, memorable choreo, memorable voices, these things matter way more when it comes to success.
    B.A.P are underrated man, I wish I had gotten into them earlier

iAbad and Galaxy_Angel like this.
  14. RavenHikari

RavenHikari Married to : @InSFCube

Currency:
    Loves Adu's Voice
    it's okay.
    I don't know who started the bashing thread either
    There are like at least 8 different unpopular opinion thread and most of them were started by user that are not really active anymore​

으컁컁준수 and Galaxy_Angel like this.
  15. Galaxy_Angel

Galaxy_Angel Newbie

Currency:
    Whenever someones says why they like BTS its because of those reasons.lol. BTS and B.A.P could be ruling together if it wasn't for TS' Bs I blame the 2 year hiatus. they have everything that BTS has except for management. LETS HYPE THEM UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iAbad and oxygenize like this.
  16. Galaxy_Angel

Galaxy_Angel Newbie

Currency:
    @ReadMyFanfic2 I CAN'T AGREE MORE:yesr:
    1 bonus unpopular belief: I'm not against people who are against homosexuality other such things. If your religion says homosexuality is wrong, than I respect your belief, as long as you respect my right to live as I choose. According to your beliefs, on the day of judgment I will be punished for my 'wrong doings' so let God punish me, don't take it into your own hands. I respect anybody who can respect me even if their beliefs go against everything I stand for...because I know as well I have beliefs that go against everything someone else stands for, so we all have these difference but we all still are on one earth together so might as well let differences be differences and agree to disagree :)

으컁컁준수 likes this.
  17. Queeeenie

Queeeenie Leader

Currency:
    Most international fans don't even understand Korean so it doesn't make sense to me that they say that. They could look up the lyrics, but it's not the same as understanding it as a native. I don't think most fans are actively thinking of the lyrics when they're listening to kpop, it's mostly just enjoying the musical aspects and the delivery, which is what I like about BTS.
    I don't know B.A.P. that well but I like 'Hands Up'! It should have been promoted more.
    TS entertainment...I know they are being sued by someone from Secret right? Sad stuff.

으컁컁준수 likes this.
  18. extraneous

extraneous Super Rookie

Currency:
    you shouldnt blame others for what you do ... you being mean is your choice

yes its a choice ... however nothing happens for no reason -- i didnt magically became this way without being affected by my surrounding
    sure ppl can choose to be the better person -- but we are human , imperfect -- there is a limit to pent up anger / frustration -- the more you hold it in , the more you pretend it doesnt matter , one day you will blow up -- why stress yourself , being nice n patient towards ppl/situations that hurt / annoy you , when you could just pour it all out in writing -- in a thread specifically for bashing

i love bt specifically cause of that -- you can even choose to dump n never look back -- so dont condemn ppl for it -- still 1000x better than randomly going around on social media , attacking others

#18 extraneous, Apr 16, 2018
    Last edited: May 4, 2018
    Galaxy_Angel and 으컁컁준수 like this.
  19. Coco

Coco Super Rookie

Currency:
    You really don’t need to know korean to understand the lyrics because they’re not rocket science. Also there’s many explanations all over the web if you don’t understand a particular song or line or whatever.
    The reason why BTS is popular is because of the things you’ve mentioned which you think aren’t the reasons. BTS steadily rose to the top because they were just lucky to be making music in that era where kpop was still growing after the fame Gangnam Style got, and their music was definitely distinctive.
    B.A.P were obviously unlucky because of the issues they had to go through but they’re starting to get back on track.
    You really can’t blame people for preferring BTS over B.A.P really when both got great music but people find BTS simply more appealing because of their take on how they want to convey their music.

20. Queeeenie

Queeeenie Leader

Currency:
    I'm not blaming anyone. I'm an army, I prefer BTS' music over B.A.P.'s myself.
    The only thing I mentioned that I said didn't lead to their success was the fact that they were talking about social issues. Because they aren't the only ones who do that. They do it well, but that wasn't the point I was making. People do act as if they were the first group to write a socially conscious song, when hip hop artists and groups have done it before.

I think that understanding the lyrics as a native is different to just looking up the lyrics online.
    There are so many mistranslations and nuances left out when I find english lyrics, the impact of them isn't the same.
    It's not as if we're thinking of the lyrics and story exactly as it was meant to be told as we're listening to the song every time, the same way we would in English.
    Do people look up the lyrics every time they listen to a kpop song? Maybe they do but I don't. I certainly don't remember everything once I have looked it up. I just know the general gist.

If I was listening to two rappers rapping in English, I'll be judging the lyrics just as much as everything else. I can distinguish between what lyrics I find cringey or dramatic or just not an expression/metaphor I find clever or interesting compared to what genuinely moves me. If I was listening to two Korean rappers rapping, I can't make those judgements. You can't translate expressions so literally so I don't know what sounds awkward in Korean and what doesn't.

When I hear a song for the first time, if the music presenting the lyrics isn't interesting to me, I'm not going to stick around to find out what the songs means.
    Someone could write fantastic lyrics in Korean but if the music isn't catchy, international fans aren't going to catch on. This is why I generally think lyrics aren't that important when it comes to international fans, not compared to other aspects of the song.
    If Baepsae had lyrics about love instead of the whole crow-tit/stork analogy I still think people would jam to it.

#20 Queeeenie, Apr 16, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
Draft saved Draft deleted