Unpopular opinions that aren't actually hate towards groups/artists

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Cielistium, Aug 2, 2019.

1. Cielistium

Cielistium Super Rookie

Currency:
    Um... yes, I have zero inspo to do a video on YT so I do a thread here. :rolleyes: Yes they aren't unpopular and they shouldn't be, really! <3

Also you can post your unpopular opinion on korean culture, netizens, kpop and so on so we could build a bit of PEACEFUL talk.
    1. Companies should thake a break from debuting groups - regardless if female or male, the kpop market is too full for new groups. The groups debuting per year are hundreds upon hundreds and they disband way too fast. This can harm the mental health of the idols which were in the disbanded groups.

2. Not everyone should be a big deal in the American market. Yes, I said it. To all idols and groups that were/are big or at least known in that market - thank God you have what you wanted/deserved. But a group can be successful and still not be a big thing in the American market. There is more continents than North America, after all.

3. Not all idols should be amazing dancers to be able to make good performances. The bars for artists in kpop is ridiculously high and I don't see why? I don't understand why an idol should be amazing dancer when they might have amazing stage precense and really stable vocals? For real, not everyone should be perfect in everything and knetz should realise that

4. Discrediting old groups' impact and popularity simply because they weren't as big as some groups now, is just disrespectful and delusional. I don't judge the groups themselves, but the fans. Kpop stans have become incredibly less thoughtful and realistic over the past years.

6. Kpop shouldn't be taken to an obsession. Many, and when I mean many, I mean A LOT of kpop stans go to high roads to be close to their faves. Kpop is a music genre and it should stay like that. It shouldn't be anyone's whole life or anyone's only reason to live

7. Mental health should be a thing in kpop. I think that just like Mina from TWICE took a break for her mental health and stability, every idol should have that break - when they feel the need of it. Mental health should be more talked out in korean media and between koreans too

8. Kpop fans should normalize dating and sex - yes idols are just like all of us and do sex, do the dating and everything. These two shouldn't be a taboo topics! (not that we should talk about anyone's sex life, but in general, I don't think we should be disgusted by sex - we all came from it!)

10. Many kpop idols need proper vocal coaches. I don't really know the vocal coaches of all my faves or all idols in general, but it's clear that most need proper vocal coaches and time to learn.

11. I don't mind when groups have a one comeback per year. After all most groups who have a ocmeback per year are generally active and busy until the next comeback. But if you are gonna make a group comeback one time per year then you should definitely polish everything - from concept to stage presence. For real for one year a group can change drastically (in a good and bad way, depending on the company) and the standards set for that group are high, so you obviously should do as much as possible for that group.

12. Stan culture is toxic and many need reality check. It's not like I say the truth, but I do :rolleyes: Many stans try to bash others for the sake of "saving" their faves from hate (they don't save them, but embarass them most of the time) and generally say awful things to one another and to artists/idols who haven't done anything bad to them

Whoever has read that thank you! :oops:
    [​IMG]

#1 Cielistium, Aug 2, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
    Heamic08, Haolat, gemiyuna and 14 others like this.
  2. Burrito

Burrito Married to @gemiyuna

Currency:
    FORMER Burger King Employee
    popular opinions*

Haolat, certified_1, Deeery and 5 others like this.
  3. EvelynNesbit

EvelynNesbit Celebrity

Currency:
    Exactly

Deeery and Burrito like this.
  4. Solarsido

Solarsido ⋆⋱✵Sparkle✵⋰⋆

Currency:
    1) Cancelling culture should not exist
    2)Zombie streaming is unnecessary af.
    3)Idols should be allowed to date
    4)Just because someone is unique looking and stands out in a group , doesn't mean they should be made the visual of the group.

P.S.: None of these opinions are unpopular tho.

Haolat, htd85s, zakharovich and 5 others like this.
  5. Cielistium

Cielistium Super Rookie

Currency:
    Well indeed I did the "unpopular" thing in the title for clout otherwise no one would bat an eye on it.:rolleyes:

sandybee3 and Burrito like this.
  6. Cielistium

Cielistium Super Rookie

Currency:
    Yup did it for clout so I could actually grab people's attention :rolleyes: Also I 100% agree w all of yours!

Solarsido and Burrito like this.
  7. Burrito

Burrito Married to @gemiyuna

Currency:
    FORMER Burger King Employee
    eye would :<

8. Bunkeflo

Bunkeflo Rookie

Currency:
    I love SNSD but I'm not into Gee all that much, which I'm almost ashamed to say. I mean, I think it's okay, but they have many other songs that are better. :quietr:

9. Limca

Limca Celebrity

Currency:
    weird clown
    LMAO people don't bash others to "save" their favs, they bash because they like it. They feel happy and satisfied by bashing others
    They're just plain toxic internally and find validation through bashing :)

didi2802 and HuesMad like this.
  10. Deeery

Deeery Super Rookie

Currency:
    I see only popular opinions though

Therefore,
    - Liking more than one group is not a crime and isn't making you any less worthy fan than the one who likes only one group.
    Of course it works both ways. Liking only one group isn't a crime either.

- Saying an idol is too skinny isn't skinny shaming. Some fans are actually concerned for idol's health because more often than not male and female idols are too skinny and should eat more.

- Streaming YT videos? Was weird but I can understand that now when YT views are counting in music shows or award shows. But streaming fancams? Like... What's the point?

- Idols don't have to be perfect in everything they do and that's completely fine. Someone can be a good vocalist and bad dancer, and still be talented af.

- Awards might be meaningless to us but they aren't for idols.

- Quality /=/ Album/Digital sales

- Popularity = Album/Digital sales is more like it

- Cute concepts are much more enjoyable than try-hard girl crush ones. The later actually is cringy af.

- Shipping in k-pop should be forbidden. It was fine when people were doing it for fun. But bothering idols with your delusional fantasies? That's a big no.

- Chances that an idol will date his fan is non existent. So let them date whoever they want. It's not like any of us have a chance with them.

- GP in the West doesn't love korean music. Far from it. Teenage girls /=/ GP just so you know. The group that was the closest to being appreciated by gp was BTS.

- Idols aren't innocent. They date, they have sex, they curse, they might be smoking, drinking, cheating, shitting and more. And that's fine. After all are we any better than them? We are all the same. They are just better at hidding their flaws.

11. HuesMad

HuesMad Trainee

Currency:
    Timmy's Fiance
    Hmmm. I might get roasted but

1. Not all idols should sing well
    2. KPOP shouldn't have been widespread
    3. BTS doesn't need vocal training
    4. Groups shouldn't have fandom names
    5. KPOP is a convoluted genre. It isn't that much interesting
    6. Plastic surgery must be an accepted practice
    7. Blackpink has the greatest stage prescence in all 3rd gen
    8. JYP has the best singers when it comes to vocal color
    9. Music shows aren't necessary
    10. EPs shouldnt have a lot of junk in it. It's encouraging pollution

Haolat, certified_1 and AxelFox16 like this.
  12. Y3M

Y3M Super Rookie

Currency:
    Being mad for someone's success doesn't make you cool.

Laughing at the group "flopping" is disgusting and I hate it. Hating on so called "nugus" or "flops" is nothing, but discrediting people and their hard work.
    Its like treating someone worse, because he has no money compared to another someone.
    It's a horrifying thing in real life and should be here as well.

13. sandybee3

sandybee3 Celebrity

Currency:
    It's actually popular opinions so i agree to everything you listed

14. Riasama

Riasama Idol

Currency:
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡ °)
    1. MV views matter

15. frass

frass Newbie

Currency:
    no
    bts no appreciated by gp western Not even closest
    opinion gp About bts she Stereotypes There is no appreciated by gp
    Newspapers She is the only one who says The truth is otherwise

#15 frass, Aug 2, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  16. Xaxaveryfunny

Xaxaveryfunny Super Rookie

Currency:
    -Momo's vocal is pretty fun to listen to

-BTS's song is still pretty good even to this day

-Maknae and lead dancer are a pretty useless role (maknae is the worst out of these 2)

-Shipping is obnoxious

-if a song is bad =/= the song flop

-Concept should be removed from k-pop

17. eshginra

eshginra Newbie

Currency:
    BTS and Twice getting all awards is kinda disgusting