Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

Unexpected Bts collabs you want to happen in the future? rich chigga!?!!??

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by BeckywithDgdhat, Mar 17, 2018.

?

Do you want BTS to collab with more western or other artists in the future ?

1. Yes, a vocalist

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. Yes, a rapper

8 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. Yes, another korean musician like they did with 'come back home'

8 vote(s)
    40.0%
  4. Nah, I'm not really interested in collabs

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  5. um NO! I really don't like this western collab thing that is going on

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. BeckywithDgdhat

BeckywithDgdhat Trainee

With BTS gaining more and more popularity and more artists noticing them, and saying they want to collab, what are some collabs you lowkey are hoping will happen?

For me, I really want them to do a collab with 'rich chigga' (now known as rich brian), bad bunny, post malone, and khalid.
    also rapmon and yoongi talked about how they would want to collab with drake or kanye west, I'm sorta curious as to how this would turn out so I would be curious to see this happen and also how their individual fandoms would react to this. I know some kpop fans can be music snobs when it comes to western rappers (even though they like idol rappers who get inspiration from mainly western rappers but i digress) but yeah, I'm an open minded person and wouldn't mind tbh.

I also want them to collab with a female artist. I really want kookie to do a duet with IU cause I am still after that ship. I also want them to collab with a female western artist like ariana grande.

But that's just my opinion. what are some of the artists you want them to collab with? and do you even want more collabs in the future or not?!

2. thirst2real

thirst2real Newbie

a thirsting mess
    I'd rather they collab w rappers bc I personally like listening to khh more than kpop (same applies to western music, but I do have moments where i listen to pop more), and I know theyre really good at rapping as well (take note on cyphers)
    plus, rappers like bad bunny would be dope bc it can broaden the audience that's usually with the boys.
    Then again, if they have a better chance at their song being more liked if it was with a popular pop artist, as a lot of people listen to pop music.

3. Coelacanth

Coelacanth Rookie

I'd be excited to see BTS collaborate with different artists! But personally, I only think it's worthwhile if that artist (1) actually respects Kpop and isn't just riding something trendy and (2) actually complements what BTS brings to the table musically. I wasn't too impressed with Desiigner mumble-rapping about basketball on his version of the 'Mic Drop' remix; I felt it turned BTS into a sideshow in their own song, and that it detracted from the piece at an artistic level. But it would be cool to see, for example, a BTS song featuring a verse by Verbal Jint. He's the kind of rapper who knows how to bolster somebody else's work without drawing all the attention -- and, of course, he's straight-up fantastic.

I guess generally speaking I like featured artists, but not if they dominate the song. If I wanted to listen to Desiigner I'd be listening to Desiigner, not to BTS -- and if he's showing up on one of their songs, I don't want BTS to be absent until the first chorus. I have nothing against western musicians, but I feel like relatively few of them truly appreciate BTS or Kpop generally, and are only aware of them as some hip new thing the kids are into. I worry that if, for example, they were to collaborate with Kanye West the song would end up being KANYE WEST (alsowithBTS) when it should be BTS, featuring Kanye West.

And I'm not saying that due to some BTS superiority complex, either -- I think it holds true for any Kpop artist. I'm glad the genre is getting more attention in the west, but I want that attention to come with respect, and for groups like BTS, or EXO, or Twice, or whoever to be treated as serious musicians and equals to their American peers. So my feelings, I suppose, are a bit ambivalent. As great as it would be to see western artists push Kpop toward the mainstream, I want that push to be sincere, and not just a gimmick.

Zaera, mirella and Blabluegree like this.
  4. phyrelillie

phyrelillie Trainee

fangirl & dreamer
    TBH, I don't really care about BTS collabing with any Western artists (except maybe the rapline with NF), but I've been DYING for a BTS x Monsta X collab TT_TT

mirella and freysan like this.
  5. elfinkyy

elfinkyy Trainee

AYEEE RICH CHIGGA BRIAN

BeckywithDgdhat likes this.
  6. Blacknwhite

♛King Sam♛
    I want a BTS x Abraham Lincoln collab! ASAP

thirst2real and freysan like this.
  7. BlackBlossomCYT

BlackBlossomCYT Notable

Professional Donghun Stan
    I was thinking about collaborations with underrated female idols and I'd already imagined all seven.

8. BeckywithDgdhat

BeckywithDgdhat Trainee

true

9. Chaittra

Chaittra Icon

I have a small dream. The day BTS and BLACKPINK collabs, I die... MY UB'S... All those mashups will bring fruition...

10. zedi

zedi Idol

i just want to see something like this again when BTS EXO RV dominated the stage with MFBTY

11. InfiresRedAngel

InfiresRedAngel Notable

Theorist, Activist
    I want BTS to collab with the artists that inspire them

12. zedi

zedi Idol

BigBang? i guess that will will be in 2020 if that happen,,

13. freysan

freysan Public Figure

I want them to collab more with Korean artists, tbh.. it doesn't matter if they are rappers or singers.. :nervousk:

14. randomstrang3r

I definitely would love to see them collab with another rappers. Idrc if its from SK or western. If it is from SK, I would love another project with Seo Taiji (comeback home was lit af and STJ's style kinda match with them), Tablo (isn't Suga have this one project with him and Lee Sora?) or Tiger JK/Yoon Mirae. But I would love to see them try to collab with Shawn Mendes, Alessia Cara, Sam Tsui (because I like them lol), altho Idk how its gonna be. Don't have to be a group collab, maybe just a solo project. Other than that, I wanna see RMxAilee, RMxHyorin, JhopexTinashe, JungkookxIU or JungkookxZion.T sound good when they performed together.

I just hope they choose wisely who they should accept the invitation. Some of it just wanna clout from them. And don't choose the problematic ones. Some of them might even well-known for things that contradict with the messages BTS trying to tell. But anyway, they are all adults already, they would know about this already.

15. InfiresRedAngel

InfiresRedAngel Notable

Theorist, Activist
    I know but seriously imagine a JiminxTaeyang collab
    Or a SeungrixJ-Hope collab
    Or a JungkookxGD collab
    Or a JinxDaesungxV collab
    Or a SugaxTOPxRMxJ-Hope collab

EVERYTHING WOULD BE LIT

16. IwilleatBomishit

Scoop turds for a living
    Bts x Poppy
    Non-singers
    Bts x Gordon Ram

17. luvTWICE5H

luvTWICE5H Married to : @SaviorTwice

Twice sexy Secretary( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Jimin and Jeremih.

18. mirella

mirella Married to @Silverfang719

rap enthusiast
    BTS x EXO collab to end the fanwars. Really, that would be great.

Having collaborations with current popular Western artists might propel BTS into mainstream popularity in the US. I don't really have any artists in mind but I know Charlie Puth might want to collab, Tinashe x J-Hope maybe? As long as the artist and BTS have mutual respect for each other's music, I don't care who it is. (I'm still waiting for another RM x Wale collab but I'm afraid that chance has been butchered.)

As for Korean artists -- IU, Hyorin, Heize, Wendy, Ailee. They're pretty well-known with the public and they're talented artists; I think it's important for BTS to establish themselves in the Korean music industry as well.

I don't think group collabs are very likely, but maybe a Mamamoo one.

They could have solo songs with rappers like Yoon Mi-rae (or MFBTY), Verbal Jint, Epik High, Gaeko, possibly even Zico and crew. RM needs to build back his rapper reputation; his collabs with Gaeko and MFBTY were the right start but he should continue with featuring on respected rappers' songs. Suga needs to collab with Tablo.

randomstrang3r likes this.