Umineko no Naku Koro ni

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga' started by bonbonfairy, Jan 27, 2017.

1. bonbonfairy

bonbonfairy Public Figure

Currency:
    this thread is about the series, umineko no naku koro ni!! Speritual successor to Higurashi no naku Koro Ni. ^o^

mmmm... personally i did not enjoy the anime very much at all, i much preferred the visual novels maybe... but either way i think Rosa is wonufl, she and Lambdidadleltaelta are my favorite characters!! ^o^

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i think that these two characters are great and really pretty!! hmmmm... personally i do not like the story as much as i did higurashi's because the tone of it is not quite as lighthearted to me and also it seems more complex and i did not enjoy a lot of directions the story took. That being said i still enjoyed it to an extent, i hope that for the next story in the when they cry series ryukishi07 cuts back on the extremely long expositions and makes the story possible to read in a shorter amount of time because you need a fairly long attention span to get through a single episode of Umineko and there are 8 of them!! His narrative is very preachy and long winded in my opinion!! ^o^

what do you think about the wonufl series of Umineko No Naku Koro Ni? : )

jbeanbean likes this.
  2. koschei

koschei Star

Currency:
    I liked it before the ghosts (?) started to appear
    I dont really remember how it ended

3. jbeanbean

jbeanbean Public Figure

Currency:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I WILL PRAY FOR YOU

BUT IN THE MEAN TIME
    [​IMG]

bonbonfairy likes this.
  4. ImDaOne

ImDaOne Married to: @Elizabeth_Xin

Currency:
    i came here just to ask lol
    i loved Higurashi too freaking much: the whole story, the amazing character development, how there wasn't even a single "Uselsess" or "filler" scene, how there were no plotholes, how everything was well explained and how there was nearly nothing that was actually supernatural at the end, the mystery was really good and i loved how it was crude/raw and it didn't seem like they were scared to be cruel (at some points it even looked a bit unnecesary but at some others it was perfect, the Takano arc was amazing in how raw and honest it was imho). It became my 2nd favorite anime of all time (probably straight up my 2nd fave story of all time)

so i come here to ask you guys if you think i could enjoy Umineko even nearly as much as i enjoyed Higurashi just by the things i mentioned, because i keep hearing people who think it isn't even worth anyone's time and a few others that said it was really good but i don't have enough time at the moment to waste in something that will disappoint me. But i'm willing to open up some free time which i don't really have just to watch something that would appeal to me as much as Higurashi did so i'd rather ask those who watched both Higurashi and Umineko

5. DISABLED#1

DISABLED#1 Idol

Currency:
    I was weird that they had powers, I love Maria UUUUUUUU

6. bonbonfairy

bonbonfairy Public Figure

Currency:
    if you're only going to watch the anime then do not waste your time, not only is the quality questionable but they also did not finish the story so you would be left hanging. If you have very little free time then it will also take you a VERY long time to finish the visual novels... if you really want to get into it then maybe the manga might be your best bet? I never read it so I cannot say for sure but I do know that the anime is unfinished and that the visual novels are extremely long so maybe the manga is a happy medium??? : (

But the story is different... for instance the narrative does not shift between characters... this is not an example of an ensemble cast like higurashi was, there is one definitive main character. Some people might like this more, i personally do not. : )
    It also wraps up differently...
    you don't get a definitive answer for a lot of the mysteries like you did with Higurashi, you are left to speculate and figure things out on your own. A lot of people are torn on this one, some people loved this while others hated it.