Ultimate Dance Battle Info!

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by LovenRose, Aug 21, 2019.

1. LovenRose

LovenRose Super Rookie

Currency:
    Ultimate Dance Battle!
    So I was thinking about doing a huge ass dance battle for all 3rd generation girl group main dancers. Since there will be a lot of contestants and logistics I decided to do a thread with info only.

This thread will be updated with links and the result as the competition goes on.

List of groups participating
    29 groups in total
    Twice
    Blackpink
    Red Velvet
    Gfriend
    Mamamoo
    I.O.I
    Weki Meki
    Pristin
    IZ*ONE
    Oh My Girl
    Wjsn/Cosmic Girls
    Gugudan
    Itzy
    CLC
    Fromis_9
    LOONA
    Dreamcatcher
    (G)I-dle
    Momoland
    Dia
    Elris
    Lovelyz
    Nature
    Laboum
    Everglow
    Cherry Bullet
    Bvndit
    Deamnote
    GWSN
    You can nominate more groups/idols until the first round ends. Remember they have to be main dancers (source:kprofiles), lead dancers are not qualified to enter the competition no matter how good they are. This is a battle between 3rd generation idols so only groups that debuted 2014 or later can enter.

This is not a group competition but an individual one so idols from the same group can face of against each other already in the first round.

All groups have been radomnized using this.
    Round 1
    11 groups of 4
    2 votes per person
    24h open poll
    1 winner in each group

Groups
    Group 1: Loona Yves vs Oh My Girl Mimi vs BVNDIT Seungeun vs Deamnote Habin

Group 2: Mamamoo Moonbyul vs Pristin Kyulkyung vs Everglow Mia vs Momoland Daisy

Group 3: Izone Chaeyeon vs Wjsn Meiqi vs Lovelyz Jisoo vs Nature Saebom

Group 4: Twice Momo vs Oh My Girl Yooa vs Dia Eunice vs Laboum ZN

Group 5: Cherry Bullet Remi vs GWSN Seokyung vs Elris Yukyung vs Nature Haru

Group 6: I.O.I Chungha vs Itzy Yeji vs Gugudan Sally vs Weki Meki Lua

Group 7: Momoland Jane vs Pristin Nayoung vs Fromis_9 Hayoung vs Cherry Bullet Chaerin

Group 8: Red Velvet Seulgi vs Weki Meki Yoojung vs Itzy Chaeryeong vs Dreamcatcher Sua

Group 9: Blackpink Lisa vs Gfriend Sinb vs Wjsn Cheng Xiao vs Everglow E:U

Group 10: CLC Seungyeon vs Loona Heejin vs GWSN Miya vs GWSN SoSo

Group 11: Gidle Soojin vs Izone Eunbi vs Lovelyz Mijoo vs Gugudan Mina

Round 2
    3 groups of 3 & 1 group of 2
    1 vote per person
    24h open poll
    1 winner in each group

Groups
    Group 1: Red Velvet Seulgi vs Izone Eunbi vs Twice Momo

Group 2: Fromis_9 Hayoung vs Nature Haru vs Everglow Mia

Group 3: Loona Yves vs Izone Chaeyeon vs CLC Seungyeon

Group 4: Gfriend Sinb vs I.O.I Chungha

Wildcard Round
    1 group of 5
    3 votes
    2 winners

2 contestants that were eliminated in round 1 will have a chance join the winners from round 2 in the semifinals.

5 contestants who were eliminated in the first round have been chosen to battle each other in the wildcard round. The contestants who now get a second chance were decided by how many votes they got in round 1 and how the winners of their groups performed in round 2.

Link
    Wildcard contestants:
    Oh My Girl Yooa
    Yooa lost against Momo in round 1 but got a fair share of votes and after Momo's win in the second round she has now proven that she's qualified to enter the wildcard round.
    Mamamoo Moonbyul
    Moonbyul lost against Mia in the first round by only one tiebreak vote. With Mia moving on to the semi finals Moonbyul is more than qualified to enter the wildcard round.
    Nature Saebom
    Saebom came in second after Chaeyeon in round 1. Chaeyeon has now also won her second round. The gap between Saebom and Chaeyeon was rather big but if you take into account Chaeyeon's popularity and reputation and that Saebom was the least well known idol in the group it's impressive she got any votes at all. With Chaeyeon's win against one of the other front runners, Seungyeon, in round 2 Saebom qualified for the wildcard round.
    Itzy Yeji
    After Chungha Yeji got the most votes in group 6 in round 1. If you look at the comments in the thread her placement varied more but since the group was filled with some of the most skilled dancers in the first round and because her good placement in the poll she still qualifies for the wildcard round.
    Weki Meki Yoojung
    Yoojung lost against Seulgi in round 1. Seulgi later lost against Momo in the second round but put up a good fight. Group 8 just like group 6 had some really strong dancers which many in the comments section acknowledged, therefore Yoojung is the fifth contestant to join the wildcard round.

Semi finals
    3 groups of 2
    1 vote per person
    24h open poll
    1 winner in each group

Group 1: Twice Momo vs Itzy Yeji

Groups 2: I.O.I Chungha vs Izone Chaeyeon

Group 3: Weki Meki Yoojung vs Everglow Mia

Final!
    1 group of 3
    1 vote per person
    48h open poll
    1 winner!

Twice Momo vs I.O.I Chungha vs Weki Meki Yoojung

Momo is the winner and best female main dancer of the 3rd generation!!!
    appreciation thread

#1 LovenRose, Aug 21, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
    Multi_Smile and Eye_Dull like this.
  2. Multi_Smile

Multi_Smile Married to @YujaJinsoo

Currency:
    Confused ? so how to choose ? i choose 4 main dancers ?

Edit : nvm i got it

LovenRose likes this.
  3. Eye_Dull

Eye_Dull Public Figure

Currency:
    But, I think Soyeon is the best dancer in I-DLE.
    :cryingr:

Anyway sounds fun and I hope it doesn't get too toxic..I'm going to be upset when Seungyeon doesn't win, even though I feel she is underrated and underappreciated

LovenRose likes this.
  4. LovenRose

LovenRose Super Rookie

Currency:
    I think Soyeon is the best dancer in gidle as well but I barley know some of the groups on the list and it wouldn’t be fair to add lead dancers from just the groups I’m familiar with. If I wanted to add lead dancers I would have to go through each and every group’s dance line and judge if I think they are good enough, that’s way to much work that I’m really not qualified for.

I really hope Seungyeon gets to at least the second round, she deserves it.

#4 LovenRose, Aug 21, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
  5. LovenRose

LovenRose Super Rookie

Currency:
    Don’t hesitate to ask if something is unclear:)

Multi_Smile likes this.
  6. mlightpop9

mlightpop9 Newbie

Currency:
    Momo is the best kpop female dancer. Chungha and Lisa are close 2nd. (Can't have time to read all conditions and spend time till 5 rounds as it seems like 5 days poll, but I have given my final opinion on this poll, no offence to any artist, they have not debuted with no reason and chosen as main dancer in their respective groups or solo)

7. LovenRose

LovenRose Super Rookie

Currency:
    Out of curiosity how many groups and main dancers are you familiar with?

8. mlightpop9

mlightpop9 Newbie

Currency:
    If curiosity!!! List is too long and each group has at least 1 main dancer (note that each group is not have official main dancers, only fandom and some people claims their position so your question is pointless even for momo from twice (As far as I know position is not mentioned on official website)). So even I know more than 20 groups (to my interest, otherwise list is too long) but I list some of the main dancers who made me to search the internet about them whether they are main dancers or not (listed below are only those who I found later as main dancers, may not be officially):

Twice- Momo (although some websites claim mina as 2nd main dancer)
    RV- Seulgi
    BP- Lisa
    Chunga (soloist, ioi)
    Mamamoo- Solar (not sure, only based on her performances)

BTS- Jimin (I can argue why people don't call him main singer, for me he is also the main singer in kpop)
    Exo- Kai (only for tempo, didn't bother to search more)
    Shinee- Taemin
    GOT7- yugeom

Above is the list of main dancers who made me to search more about them like their MV, live fancams, covers etc (as main dancers and about their personalities)

I can list more who are qualified for me as main dancers even in Twice.
    If you want a list of gg/bg who I'm familiar with or atleast watched some videos (not for dance, for music, singing, so called visuals!!! Etc also), I can list more than 50 kpop groups and have seen more than the names in the list in this post before this post was ever created.

Don't argue if your fav or the main dancer of any group popular right now (like gfriend, itzy, skz, monstaX, seventeen, bigbang, snsd (don't know if yuri is main dancer), winner, momoland, izone..................................etc list goes on) is not there. I respect them all. It's just I haven't bother to check more about them (individually, as a group with amazing dance performances ever has separate list)

Edit: Sorry for the long essay type reply, listing them all may take seperate page)

#8 mlightpop9, Sep 12, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
  9. LovenRose

LovenRose Super Rookie

Currency:
    Okay thank you for the answer. Don't worry about the length I love essay answers.

You seem to have found a good way that works for you to find new idols. I honestly don't know all the members in the groups that were on the list I posted (only in 19/29 think) and if there's any 3rd generation girl group you think I've missed please tell me:)

I don't completely agree with your list of dancers (or that Jimin is the main vocalist in kpop) but, hey, I'm no expert.

My top 10 female dancers (who debuted in 2014 or later) would be (no specific order):
    Red Velvet Seulgi
    Oh My Girl Yooa
    Wjsn Cheng Xiao (for her multi talent)
    Izone Chaeyeon
    IOI/solo Chungha
    CLC Seungyeon
    Gugudan Sally
    Weki Meki Yoojung
    Nature Saebom
    Dreamcatcher Sua

I don't really have a ranking for males but here are some I think are great:
    Shinee Taemin
    Exo Kai
    Exo Lay
    Bts Jhope
    Bts Jimin
    Wanna One/Ab6ix Woojin
    Nct Ten
    Nct Taeyong
    ex-infinte Hoya
    Astro Rocky
    Bigstar(disbanded) Feeldog
    Bigstar(disbanded) Baram (at least after the group disbanded)
    Bigflo(hiatus) Eunjin
    Hotshot Taehyun
    Seventeen Hoshi
    Seventeen Dino
    Ace Byeongkwan

#9 LovenRose, Sep 12, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
    mlightpop9 likes this.
  10. mlightpop9

mlightpop9 Newbie

Currency:
    I know for Jimin as great vocal part, many people would not agree, may be because his voice cracks often on live. But funny story is that by watching those lives only, I realised that the voice in the BTS MVs is actually his voice not a super synthesised or auto-tuned ordinary voice, lol. And I found it amazing, not common, but out of the world.

I'm multi-fandom but among them also my main bias is TWICE and I don't hide it nor I bash/hate other groups because of that (I didn't became once by watching their achievement or by watching some viral moments. This a temporary and there is always a group which bias wreaks for those people who make bias like this).
    My way of including a person in by bias list is very tough. If a person is good in dancing, performance, singing, personality or funny incident etc then I would add them in my like list that simply means that they did a great job. Some of them who mesmerises me to the point to which I consider it owesome (daebak) or something, those events I save. but very few are there who force me to search more about them and they make way to my bias list. For ex. if a person dancing amazingly with great flow, energy then it is normally expected to him/her to do so. Then even in kpop, almost all are like this (not talking about someone taste as for many people, many main dancers I mentioned are even no where near to the dancer category lol), so why to overcrowd the list and know them individually with persons whom or similar to them, I can watch any time with some random videos in ig or yt with titles like "top 20 kpop performances ever", "best dance/vocal/visual etc of kpop all the time/2nd/3rd generation bg/gg/solo/individual in the group" etc.

You don't even need to agree. It's just your opinion which is good if you are not forcing to others (worse if without any proof). Sadly most of the people now a days consider themselves as so called EXPERT!!!!
    I don't know who in your list are the main dancers (already told idol who I think can be qualified as main dancers has separate list even if they are even not a lead dancers).
    By looking at your dancers list, I realised that I forgot to mentioned izone's chaeyeon may be because I'm not sure who is/are the main dancers in izone (I watched her many of her performances in sixteen, chae sisters performances in jyp auditions, pd48, vlives etc.
    Nct Taeyong- don't know if he is the main dancer but he is one of (I said one of because there are many) the best rapper in kpop for me (may be mixing with yuta, too lazy to search names and info individually. lol).
    BTS jhope- He along with jin is my main bias in BTS even if I like all of them (jimin is amazing by the way)

I'm sure, I've at least watched some performances of the idols you listed and I appreciated them as a group. It's just didn't bothered me to check more info about them individually as idol dancer/singer etc. Kpop is more about multiple talents unlike any other pop even if they are average in each talent (personality and variety skills and may be visuals matters only in kpop unlike other pop where your performing skills/vocals/dancing matters the most). Not everyone find it amazing otherwise there were no critics/haters/trollers/anti in kpop.

Again sorry to readers for the long essay lol!!!!!

LovenRose likes this.
  11. Eye_Dull

Eye_Dull Public Figure

Currency:
    Seungyeon >

Multi_Smile likes this.
  12. LovenRose

LovenRose Super Rookie

Currency:
    Then you better vote for her in the second round. If she wins in round 1, which it looks like she will, she’ll be facing off against Chaeyeon and Yves. Her against Chaeyeon could end up being a blood bath.

13. rich29

rich29 Newbie

Currency:
    how to vote??

LovenRose likes this.
  14. rich29

rich29 Newbie

Currency:
    Chayeon

LovenRose likes this.
  15. LovenRose

LovenRose Super Rookie

Currency:
    Chaeyeon was just eliminated against Chungha in the semi final. It was the closest match in the competition so far.
    Link (the poll has already closed)

16. LovenRose

LovenRose Super Rookie

Currency:
    This is only the info thread, all the matches have separate ones. If you click on the tag “ultimate dance battle” you can see all the previous matches. The only match left of the competition is the final between Chungha, Momo and Yoojung that I haven’t posted yet. I’ll tag you in the final so you don’t miss it:).