Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

Trying to figure out SNSD's poor performance

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by BritishSone, Aug 13, 2017.

1. BritishSone

For the past week I have been trying to figure out why SNSD are performing so badly on the music charts for a number of reasons..

• Since the release of Holiday Night SNSD have been trending at no.1 on the real time searches of Melon and Naver continuously.
    • The netizens have expressed love for this comeback and SNSD on articles covering the girls.
    • SNSD are running away on fan voting polls for fan votes like Show Champion.
    • SNSD's performances on music shows have been enjoying the highest views on the official uploads by M Countdown, Music Core and Inkigayo for this past week.
    • They've enjoyed the highest first week sales of their entire career. Surpassing The Boys in 4 days, and selling 90K+ in their first week. The only other girl group who enjoys these first week sales are Twice and we all know just how well they do on the charts.
    • (no receipts) but according to fanaccs, Holiday is being played everywhere throughout Korea right now.
    • Their recent appearance on Knowing Bros is the highest ratings of all time for groups, and only 2nd behind Psy....
    • [​IMG]

So what is going on? I'd understand if they were finding it difficult to stay in the Top 10 of Melon consistently. However Holiday has been hovering between #30 and #40 on Melon.
    How is this possible? How are SNSD doing so well in every other area besides on charts like Melon and Mnet?
    Is it really possible that they are being blocked because of some shady business behind the scenes? We've all heard the theory of CJ E&M pulling strings behind the scenes which are affecting SNSD.
    Could this be why SM have pulled the girls' promotions? Because there is a lot of shady shit going on behind the scenes that we don't know about.

#1 BritishSone, Aug 13, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  2. IlikekpopIguess

This is unrelated, but I'm super proud of BTOB, look at their knowing bros ratings, they're beating out powerhouses like exo, twice, blackpink and red velvet :')

Also I agree according to what I've heard snsd's poor charting seems unprecedented

KidLeader99 and Adradio like this.
  3. arinsen

arinsen Artist

4. Crazy_Dog

Crazy_Dog Legend

And the conspiracy continue :\

SHINeeSLAYhaterS and kddicted like this.
  5. Abeamus

Abeamus Star

I don't see SNSD being a threat to Wanna One though, I could understand EXO/BTS but that's about it.

6. Darkyoda47

Darkyoda47 Legend

This is what my friend told me, she said people are aware that SNSD are back but a lot of people are not interested :(
    She also told me she doesn't hear Holiday being played much on the streets where she lives. The song she hears the most are Red Flavor, Heize's song and Hwang Chi-yeul's song. As far as idols go, she says that BP, MAMAMOO, GFriend, Winner and Zico are played the most.

#6 Darkyoda47, Aug 13, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  7. Happylittlepunk

More than anything SM really shouldnt stop promotions of girls generation. I do think mnet is being shady right now. But i really dont understand why they would target girls generation instead of someone like winner or exo who just had recent comebacks

kddicted likes this.
  8. freysan

freysan Artist

[​IMG]

the CJ E&M conspiracy theory still doesn't make sense to me.. I mean why would they do that? and don't tell me it's because they dislike SM because RV and EXO are still promoting just fine.. o_O

Eithra and arinsen like this.
  9. Carlos2000

Carlos2000 Entertainer

their era as a group is over. the sad thing about girl groups is that their value diminishes as they grow older (aka their time in the eyes of the public), it doesn't help that for the past ten years promoting they didn't get rid of their "idol" image. Taeyeon as a solo fares even better because she is starting to have that "artist" image that differentiates her among others.

10. Topclass

Topclass Rookie

Songs weren't good. That's the real reason.. :siptear:

11. Crazy_Dog

Crazy_Dog Legend

Cant say that fame delululu fans go crazy over a thing called opinions :p

SHINeeSLAYhaterS and kddicted like this.
  12. Eithra

Eithra Artist

I think that the Korean public doesn't care about SNSD anymore. That's probably why they're not doing well. Which doesn't explain why they topped the ichart last year but it's the only explanation I can think of. Or maybe they just didn't like the songs??:(

kddicted likes this.
  13. Camac_s

Camac_s Rookie

I bet it would be different if they released a mini album or single album and promote it last year, and keep the consistency.

kddicted likes this.
  14. Rand_Al_Thor

Rand_Al_Thor Artist

That and any streaming project by ksone was not visable at least to me.

I also think the weird release days messed things up, what we really need it the stream and dl numbers for this week . The only number i saw for dl was 79k.

They can play all the games they want but if ppl dl the song it has to be counted.

kddicted likes this.
  15. kddicted

kddicted Legend

Tbh idk, all I know is it's disappointing
    Only Taeyeon does well music wise now

deathlymuse likes this.