Trump vs Biden

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Wildwest85, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Wildwest85

Wildwest85 Idol

Currency:
    Heard from news here today that the US poll indicates

- 81% of Trump supporters are literally all for him,19% of them stan Trump because they do not like Biden.

- 35% of Biden supporters do like him, 65 % of them stan Biden because they do not like Trump.

Is this true..,American friends here?

Looks like Trump oppar needs a magic string to tie around at least half of the 65% and pull them back, simple math.:dancer:

#1 Wildwest85, Jun 23, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
    4NIA2, takit and Hopkinz like this.
  2. Hopkinz

Hopkinz Icon

Currency:
    I mean Biden has no enthusiasm and rightfully so. He has a terrible record, a credible r*pe accusation, and shows obvious signs of cognitive decline. People are only voting for him because he was the "safe" option and they remember he was Obama's VP.

At the same time, Trump had an abysmal reaction to the COVID crisis which turned off many people. I don't think 80% of Trump supporters stan him, I'll be generous and say it's more like 40%.

Trump has more enthusiastic supporters, but you know who else had enthusiastic supporters? Bernie Sanders. What happened? Biden clobbered him. So enthusiasm means nothing. Right now I think Biden is the clear front-runner, he's winning in pretty much all the swing states. However, the election is still far away and it's pretty much anyone's game. No matter who wins though, we're screwed.

RIILEY, Angela_Cao, takit and 2 others like this.
  3. takit

takit Trendsetter

Currency:
    Researcher
    Not necessarily, if Biden win with Elizabeth Warren as VP, we have a chance of reviving America. If trump gets reelected "God Bless Us All" maybe you will be saying "Heil trump". Enthusiasm is on his base side which is about 35% of the electorate, they cannot win him the presidency, people who are leaving him not in drove but by 2 and 5% are the non college voters, as you say the election is about 5 month away, going forward trump will forever keep ramming his foot in his mouth..we hope this time around the American people will do the right thing and vote trump out of office, he is bad for our country internally and worldwide, he has done nothing but antagonize everyone and disrupt the American economy like our farmers who are still suffering under trump now going into 4 years.

#3 takit, Jun 23, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
  4. Artemosia

Artemosia Super Rookie

Currency:
    Democrats executives only rally behind Biden because they know he's already half dead and they will be able to control him and try to gain influence under his term but they really could have picked a better candidate. Wouldn't be surprised if his vice president finishes the term

Angela_Cao, NightChamp and Wildwest85 like this.
  5. Wildwest85

Wildwest85 Idol

Currency:
    Do you think Trump would get bailed out to an extent making Americans believe China is and will pay up most of US pandemic bills?

takit likes this.
  6. Hopkinz

Hopkinz Icon

Currency:
    Elizabeth Warren as VP? No thanks. She proved during the primaries that she will sell-out any and all of her beliefs if it means power. She said she promised she wouldn't take money from super PACs, but she still did anyways. She took advantage of affirmative action laws by lying about her race for her entire life. She falsely tried to smear Bernie as a sexist. Other than her die-hard stans, everybody hates her and rightfully so.

Wildwest85, Angela_Cao and takit like this.
  7. Hopkinz

Hopkinz Icon

Currency:
    I can see Trump trying this, but I think deep-down even his supporters know that isn't going to happen and it would escalate tensions with China.

Right now Trump's strategy is lean into the culture war (the debate about the statues being torn down, flag-burning, and brands renaming themselves), brag about the stock market, and claim Biden is Antifa.

Unfortunately for Trump none of these talking points are going to work. Even if you have a strong position on the culture war issues, WE HAVE A PANDEMIC RIGHT NOW WITH 120K PEOPLE DEAD AND 20% REAL UNEMPLOYMENT! There are much more pressing issues so for him to spend so much time talking about this and how the fake news treats him so badly, it's not going to resonate with your average American. The stock market has been completely socialized and your does not reflect how well your average American is doing and I could see it crashing any day now. Finally, Biden is like the most moderate of moderates ever. He's so moderate he's basically a moderate Republican. Biden claimed if Medicate For All made it to his desk, he would veto it. So to claim he is an Antifa puppet is absurd.

8. takit

takit Trendsetter

Currency:
    Researcher
    Naturally, I will disagree with you. Sell out, are you speaking of Elizabeth Warren? She is NOT a sell out. Why do you think big corporations do not want her to be VP or backed Bernie viciously so he could be the nominee..with E.W. big corporation is a bust, under trump they made BILLIONS, they paid less amount in taxes and looked out for their bottom dollar by purchasing back their stock portfolio for their CEO's and others and forgot about the employees, she had fixed it, trump roll back and closed the office that helped small businesses that is what E.W had done under Obama. She served as chair of the Congressional Oversight Panel of the Troubled Asset Relief Program, and she proposed and established the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, for which she served as the first Special Advisor under President Barack Obama, she created the CFPB, which has returned almost $12 billion to nearly 29 million wronged consumers. Consumers at Bank of America, Citibank, and JPMorgan Chase received $1.7 billion in refunds after they were charged for needless and unwanted services. E.W encountered strong opposition from the Republican they chose someone else. She is considered a progressive Democrat of her party, she want to put an end to lobbying, a wealth tax and $15 hourly minimum wage within the context of a capitalist economy, single-payer healthcare, canceling student loan debt, and support for the Green New Deal.
    Her campaign was on life support when she took money from super PAC and she went public with it herself saying she will do that.
    Growing up in America, where everyone is related to some form of other race, she was told she had Native American heritage, a lot of light skin black people say the same thing when they are just straight up black. She NEVER got any help from affirmative action laws and that you can google. No she told the truth about Bernie, he said it.Bernie asked her why would she repeat what they spoke in confidence..Bernie is like trump all out for his ego and himself. No, she is not hated by everyone, as a matter of fact she is loved by the BLACK COMMUNITY..the people who hate her are the Corporate Giants , they are afraid of her. BAM!!!

#8 takit, Jun 23, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
    truthhurts11 and Angela_Cao like this.
  9. takit

takit Trendsetter

Currency:
    Researcher
    LOL! If you believe that, then I have an Island to sell you. NO! Most Americans are not stupid or deaf, dumb or blind, they see trump coming and his lies does not make it any easier.

Wildwest85 likes this.
  10. Hopkinz

Hopkinz Icon

Currency:
    Yes she did, she put on her Harvard application that she was Native American and that's why she got accepted.

She went on TV shows claiming her mother was a Cherokee and eloped with her father because they loved eachother.
    “You know, my mom and dad were born and raised out in Oklahoma, and my daddy was in his teens when he fell in love with my mother. She was a beautiful girl who played the piano. And he was head over heels in love with her and wanted to marry her. And his family was bitterly opposed to that because she was part Native American."

There was a book where she had a recipe and said she was Cherokee.
    [​IMG]

These are all LIES! So sorry if I don't believe her when she says Bernie was a sexist, can you please provide me with actual proof? Because I can prove that Bernie believes the opposite. For decades he has been encouraging girls to run for president. Heck he even freaking campaigned for Hilary Clinton. Watch this video if you don't want to listen to what I have to say

11. takit

takit Trendsetter

Currency:
    Researcher
    Okay, let tackle this. Growing up grandparents always tell you that you are related to so and so, so she was told in which she believed..I am not going to dispute this its her life. One small statement by her does not blemish her record.See... https://www.politifact.com/article/2017/dec/01/facts-behind-elizabeth-warren-and-her-native-ameri/

Now in reference to Sanders, he did say it, not expecting her to blow his spot up. https://www.latimes.com/opinion/sto...arren-women-presidents-iowa-democratic-debate
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/20...pt-ninth-democratic-debate-las-vegas-n1139546

Bernie campaigned for Hillary because she was awarded the nomination...but he was not that ecstatic doing it. To be truthful I may be bias when it comes to Bernie because he remind me of trump egotistical. This man ran for president for 12 years come on......
    Elizabeth will be the most qualified person as VP, she can reverse all trump bad "Executive Orders" and find all the loop holes him and his family has injected into the government to feed off of the American Tax Payers. Stacey will be learning on the job not right , right now. Harris, besides her voice irritates me she can do it but she should remain in the Senate, be a Supreme Court Judge (maybe).. My vote is on Elizabeth Warren...many has lied far worst than Elizabeth, I can go into details but we are discussing Elizabeth.

Wildwest85 and Angela_Cao like this.
  12. Hopkinz

Hopkinz Icon

Currency:
    Kamala in the supreme court is an even scarier thought than Warren as VP. Kamala has directly damaged so many lives within the African American community.

I mean I hate to burst the pretty little picture of Warren that you've painted in your head, but almost nobody likes her because she's incredibly dishonest and out-of-touch. And honestly she's earned that reputation. She couldn't even win the primaries in her own state.
    Plus Biden has also been running for President for over 12 years:sweatr:

Anyways, it's clear that we aren't going to agree with each other let's just end this conversation.

13. Google_me

Google_me Newbie

Currency:
    Lol, as much as I dislike Biden. You’re not going to be screwed if he’s elected. Trump otherwise....................Also those “enthusiastic” Trump supporters are just dumb. My god, my ten old niece have more common sense than all of them combined, just go on YouTube and see the interviews on them during Trump’s rallies. It is the funniest shit you’ll ever see, better than weed. Until you sober up and realise the sadness behind it all. Still, I’ll be laughing no matter who wins......

Wildwest85, takit and truthhurts11 like this.
  14. Hopkinz

Hopkinz Icon

Currency:
    I think we are going to get screwed tbh. I mean Biden literally wrote the disastrous Crime Bill, supported segregation, argued to cut social security (5 times), and can barely speak a complete sentence without his brain melting. I agree though, the Trump supporters are idiots, especially the ones attending rallies.

15. takit

takit Trendsetter

Currency:
    Researcher
    True! Thank you for listening to our exchange of views. Yes, we will not agree but at least we were civil with each other opinions.. thanks! No offense but you sound very much like a trumpster!!!

Wildwest85 likes this.
  16. takit

takit Trendsetter

Currency:
    Researcher
    I can top this but hello on point!!

17. takit

takit Trendsetter

Currency:
    Researcher
    Firstly, he is not my choice. That is why he need a strong VP who can think, walk and chew gum at the same time and I know you think I have fairy dust encapsulating me regarding Elizabeth Warren, the thing is I love her mind, she is quick, precise .."and she has plans." Biden ran for president once is 1988 then in 2008 when he became VP to Obama. Biden 1994 crime bill worked in some areas and failed in other area, but violent crimes was down this bill had bipartisan support at the time, it is NOW being criticized for some of its provisions, especially the impact on mass incarceration.

Biden: In the 1980s and 1990s violent crime was out of control. The crime bill was designed to deal with that problem. That’s why it was supported overwhelmingly by the Democratic Party, by African American leaders all across the nation, including a majority of the black caucus in the Congress.

Yes, back in the 70's Biden was a vocal and strong opponent of busing as a means for desegregating public schools. To this day he is haunted by that record, that is why he faltered so much in the primaries, that record haunts was his sore thumb. I read this a few days ago he also said, "he didn't want his kids to grow up in a "racial jungle" in regards to desegregation". Not my fan but anything is better than trump.

Another yes, something like 40 years he has been advocating to cut Social Security as early as 1984 and most recently in 2018 he said it will save the program and balancing the federal budget. HELLO!!!! I will vote for the town dog catcher because he is so much smarter than the one we are dealing with now.

Wildwest85 and Angela_Cao like this.
  18. milkman123

milkman123 Rookie

Currency:
    I got an ad of Joe Biden promoting his campaign, and I swear he was stuttering and slurring when he first started talking......

Wildwest85 likes this.
  19. Hopkinz

Hopkinz Icon

Currency:
    I kinda take offense to your last little jab, that was uncalled for. Just because I'm critical of the democratic party nominees doesn't mean I support Donald Trump. We absolutely need to be critical of all the candidates in order to select the best one. I'm not going to sweep their disturbing record under the rug just because they're a democrat and Donald Trump is bad. Policy is what is most important, not cheerleading for the left. The only way the democratic party will re-gain power is if we get them to actually represent the people, and that means we have to call them out sometimes.

20. takit

takit Trendsetter

Currency:
    Researcher
    She was accused of a lot of things some she copped to the others was above her head. Again, not my choice or favorite..her voice is like chalk on a black board to me.

Wildwest85 likes this.