Trump vs Biden: Who won the first presidential debate?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by KAMlTRUTH, Sep 30, 2020.

?

Who won?

1. Trump oppa

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Biden oppa

12 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. KAMlTRUTH

KAMlTRUTH Super Rookie

Currency:
    Protecting Nezuko

Who won?

ripiasuju likes this.
  2. sachsach

sachsach ☾° Treasure Forever °☽

Currency:
    UI UX Designer
    i dont like both

takit, krell and Hermes1 like this.
  3. ripiasuju

ripiasuju Married to @CosmicCrow

Currency:
    honestly it's hard to say, I feel like Trump won the battle but biden won the war, everyone's going crazy about that white supremacist part where trump didnt condemn it, as far as opinions and war of words I do feel like Trump got the better of him, but as far as appealing to people as a whole, then I'd have to say Biden done better at that.

Also i have to point out that the moderator was clearly bias to biden you could tell by the questions, they seemed to be targeted towards Trump the tax question the race questions there wasn't any targeting of Biden and his controversial views either

4. truthhurts11

truthhurts11 Public Figure

Currency:
    uhhhhh- the country is burning in flames because of trumps policies. trump is the president. of course the questions should be targeted there.
    NO BODY is really surprised by any of this today. trump showed his 4th grade temperment and limited special needs level vocabulary. Biden gave generally logical typical answers but did actually call him a clown to his face , which I can 't believe hasn't happened until now.
    Please, no more false equivlancies.....the mod wasn't biased, he had to reprimand trump for acting like a little spoiled brat, cause he was acting like a little spoiled brat.

takit likes this.
  5. ripiasuju

ripiasuju Married to @CosmicCrow

Currency:
    I felt like it was targeted specifically to bait Trump but only like 2 times were there any that put Biden in a hot spot.

It's meant to be a neutral debate I felt this man was not.

Hermes1 likes this.
  6. truthhurts11

Currency:
    its hard to put biden in a hot spot when he hasn't
    a. put kids in cages, seperate families
    b. called soldiers killed in war "looser, suckers" ,
    c. only paid $750 in taxes
    d. helped cause 200,000 deaths
    e. tried to cut health care to millions
    f. gave tax breaks to the top 5%
    g. told over 20,000 verified lies
    h. has a laundry list of appointees in jail or facing trial......
    .I could go on and on. The issues this nation faces are cause mostly directly from trump and either his incompetency or corruption. So there is no way to ask questions in a presidential debate other than the pressing issues at hand.

#6 truthhurts11, Sep 30, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
    bcx12, takit, Hermes1 and 1 other person like this.
  7. truthhurts11

Currency:
    you dont have to like either, but if you live in the U.S. you have to pick one. One just refused to denounce white supremists and in fact told them to "stand by" . This shouldn't be a hard decision.

takit likes this.
  8. kuris

kuris ☭ Commie ☭
    Junior Moderator

Currency:
    The Times

krell likes this.
  9. cinnamongal

cinnamongal Newbie

Currency:
    f*ck trump

truthhurts11 likes this.
  10. Hermes1

Hermes1 Icon

Currency:
    I have seen it 3:30 - 4:30 CET [9:30 p.m. - 10:30 p.m. EST]

I guess not only Germans have been disappointed of this TV event.

69% of US inhabitants found it not helpful.

Trump has done what he did before he attacked Biden without arguments only for getting attention.

For me there was no winner: 50 : 50 finally.

Trump has attacked Biden cos of his sons business activities in Moscow. Also that his son had drug problems and has dealed with it.

Biden has attacked Trump cos of his bad handling of Corona virus pandemic in USA. He named Trump a raciist.

Both have not shown a well behavior. Especially Trump has attacked Biden as he was mentioned arguments and facts against Trump.

The TV moderator was unable to warrant a fair debat.

I would recommand that next TV MC's are 1 woman and 1 man.

Let's see what happend if vice-president candidates comes together for next TV debatte.

#10 Hermes1, Sep 30, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
    krell likes this.
  11. DiesIrae

DiesIrae Trainee

Currency:
    Biden told Trump to shut up, called him a racist, a clown, and the worst president the US has ever had and still came out looking like the better person.

In the context of the election, Trump lost this one. He’s been behind for months, and he needed a solid win, while all Biden needed to do was not give Trump a clear win. Hell, even a draw would have been good for Biden. Also, Trump set the expectation for Biden so low (the dumb dementia shit, for example) that all Biden had to do was to show up and show that he isn’t senile.

Seriously though, unless you believe in alpha male bullshit, Trump clearly lost. And no, yelling and talking over your opponent while they’re talking isn’t being dominant; It’s called being an asshole. All he did was rant incoherently, somehow turning a question about forest fires ( IIRC) into about cars.

12. truthhurts11

Currency:
    I agree w everthing u wrote! btw who are the two sleding on CUbe? its too fast for me to catch!

13. DiesIrae

DiesIrae Trainee

Currency:
    Not to mention, Wallace set Donald up for a goddamn SLAM DUNK. All he needed to say was that he condemns white supremacy and the Proud Boys and he couldn’t even do that.

E Dawn and Hyuna lol.

truthhurts11 likes this.
  14. truthhurts11

Currency:
    This debate was an overall shit show, BUT-

a. It reminds me of back in school when teachers would say it takes 2 to fight.....NO, that was utter bullshit . It literally only takes one person to start a fight and the other person either has to fight back or just take a beating. Only as an adult can you " walk away" cause you are in school You literally have to be there everyday. Biden could not walk away . He either had to fight back or just sit there and then later be called "weak".
    b. trump got the softball of all softball questions. He was given a chance to condem white supremecy. Its literally "Are you against Evil?' and his response to them was "stand by"..................WTF. if you think this doenst make him the looser, you literally would be ok w him shooting someone in the street and still support his corrupt orange ass.

Hermes1 likes this.
  15. astervivi

astervivi Rookie

Currency:
    kim mingyu's gf
    Biden clearly, and I'm glad Chris Wallace actually asked Trump good questions

for the ppl getting mad at biden being insulting, have you seen our president? that's like his mo

truthhurts11 likes this.
  16. Blacklily96

Blacklily96 Married to : @Drew_B

Currency:
    To be fair Wallace had the ungratefull job of moderating a president that can't be moderated, by anything other than perhaps Twitter. Trump was horrifyingly weak on every topic but economy and perhaps law and order, and Biden wasn't bad in either of those topics, until the proud boys call out. Biden's vocal tone makes it seem like he's on the losing side, due to having a weak old gradpa manner of speaking most of the time.

I have a feeling that moderate republicans would abhor Trump's lack of tact during the debate, while his main base would feel strenghtened by his constant aggressive way of debating.

takit and truthhurts11 like this.
  17. Hermes1

Hermes1 Icon

Currency:

However I would like two MC's run the interview event. Better balance to the opponents

Also max 3 minutes statements from both oponents to answer questions.

18. krell

krell Super Rookie

Currency:
    Okay , I do NOT watch USA President (or V.P) TV Debates , and miss NOTHING of value ... USA VOTERS can find out in *better* ways about actual POLICY and LEGISLATION views of the two candidates.

It is claimed that 85% of USA VOTERS have *already* decided between TRUMP and BIDEN ... So that leaves 15% undecided ... Of which , likely say 8% of those have a preference somewhat anyway ... So , when they see the TV Debate , they *tend* to see their *previously* FAVORED candidate as doing WELL (no matter what) ... So , that leaves an actual 7% of USA VOTERS 'in play' that *might* be paying *some* attention between focusing also on emptying a BEER can (alcohol) into themselves.

And then , go figure WHICH TV VIEWERS are located in a BATTLEGROUND USA STATE that matters , like say WI , OH , PA , (some others) ... Where the USA STATE is actually 'in play' (ELECTORAL VOTES).

And then , GO FIGURE how important that these USA PRESIDENT TV DEBATES are ... :D

P.S. ... It *might* be meaningful IF that say BIDEN fell ASLEEP during the TV DEBATE ...
    But BIDEN's *WIFE* can always wake him up too , ala NANCY REAGAN ... :p
    *Fake* NANCY --> "RON , WAKE UP ... Time to say 'THERE YOU GO AGAIN' (again)" ... ;)
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/There_you_go_again

#18 krell, Oct 1, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
    takit likes this.
  19. takit

takit Trendsetter

Currency:
    "EFM" ( Equity Financial Management}
    @Hermes1: I will disagree with your assessment of the debate, trump garbage dumpster, no decorum, no plan, no decency! A real embarrassment!! Biden, when he was not being attacked he spoke to the camera, trying to convey his message to America. Not my first pick due to his age, but I will take him if we can get trump out of office.

Dulce_Candy and truthhurts11 like this.