Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

To BLACKPINK, TWICE, and all other KPop groups...

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by BIGBANGie, Jul 11, 2018.

1. BIGBANGie

BIGBANGie Artist

CPA
    Here's a fresh perspective on how fans should think about how groups release their music:

Question: Do you hope that BLACKPINK make more music quicker this time?

Answer: I'm sure your fans are eagerly awaiting you to put out new music, but I would say it's about whatever's best for the artist like be in a mental health thing, taking time off, or like trying to put the time in something you know you're really proud of, like, I think for the most part, music is worth the wait.

I chose BP and TWICE in the title 'cause they're like different sides of the spectrum when it comes to frequency of releases.

TBH, her answer gave me chills. Like, that's how fans should think about their faves. It can be the best perspective a stan can take.

pinkster, BLACKPINK and Rolex like this.
  2. Dreamer95

Dreamer95 Star

There is nothing about Twice in this video

ExoticPride likes this.
  3. drakan

drakan Artist

because they're used to Western artists releasing a new album once a year or longer.

4. Rolex

Rolex Married to @Essencellie

#1 Jisoo Stan
    True words by her. Many fans see their faves as breathing robots without knowing. Like they have lives too, one should know how much effort and time they spend working on only one comeback, imagine 6-7 comebacks in a year...

WBSBGos likes this.
  5. Dreamer95

Dreamer95 Star

Once in 2 on average. But they release singles separately. MVs are released throughout the year not just all at once Plus collabs and stuff So that makes it even.

doesnotmatter1 and ExoticPride like this.
  6. NOROSENOLIFE

NOROSENOLIFE Artist

This. Taylor swift, Adele and other artists have a long hiatus in between their albums. Western stans dont understand kpop industry moves quickly. Heck even bts and exo comeback more often than blackpink.(damn u yg)

kpop123 and MOEBIUS like this.
  7. MyPostsAreFacts

More music and frequent releases is better. Idols have a limited shelf life, especially girl groups. Better to strike while the iron is hot.

However starving fans is a legitimate strategy and it is powerful. But there can't be a 1 year break between comebacks every time because like I said, for 95% of girl groups the clock is ticking. Blackpink will be on a normal release schedule from now similar to Red Velvet.

MOEBIUS likes this.
  8. haylucky

haylucky Star

OP was making a point that i agree with but I don't see why you dont understand why they mentioned twice
    if you don't I will explain
    Twice have comebacks in Korea every three months while black pink have very small discography compared to the typical k pop group at their number of years
    ALot of people give bp a hard time for the hiatus and lack of releases
    While Alot of people think Twice over saturate the market

There needs to be a healthy balance for the artist at the end of the day.

LifesGood16, seoulgi and B0NEZ like this.
  9. Dreamer95

Dreamer95 Star

There are many groups who have many comebacks

10. Plushieless

Plushieless Artist

I think this depends on how you are used to things. Western acts tend to release albums once in like one or even two years, but the time they do they usually promote more than one song, or have more than one MV for each, not counting that they actively go on tours to showcase these music. Plus, it's easier to see them release full albums (that's why it takes longer).

Meanwhile kpop acts tend to release more mini albums, EPs if you must, where they usually only promote one song (with few exceptions, like Blackpink for example). That's why there are more comebacks.

We, as kpop fans, are used to this. I don't know which is better, both seem to work.

11. lxPandaxl

lxPandaxl Married to @LuhansGreenHair

I feel like with Blackpink, however, it's not really the girls deciding anything. It's more of a YG making people wait.
    And with Twice, I just hope the girls are doing alright... I don't stan them, but it feels like every few weeks I hear about a new Twice song or comeback or something.

MOEBIUS likes this.
  12. Lubby00

Lubby00 Legend

Twice are always excited to come back

Meanwhile

BlackPink (moreso Jennie) showed sadness in having to tell their fans they don’t know when they’d come back

Let that sink in. Of course at the end of the day they should take care of themselves, but no one trains for 4-7 years just to get releases every once in blue.

LifesGood16, ExoticPride and haylucky like this.
  13. haylucky

haylucky Star

True maybe idols should focus on quality over quantity but whatever makes them happy is what they should do

14. haylucky

haylucky Star

This is so true its apparently clear how disappointed black pink are by how much they have released but it is what g fans must deal with

Lubby00 likes this.
  15. bbyseoul

bbyseoul Artist

With Blackpink and Yg, I doubt it is the artists deciding anything. The Kpop industry moves fast, you have to be at the top of your game constantly.

Emileh likes this.
  16. Dreamer95

Dreamer95 Star

I wouldn't say those who came back rare come back with quality.

ExoticPride likes this.
  17. haylucky

haylucky Star

this is true too but the last point is idols shouldn't feel rushed if that makes sense

18. 3RACHA

3RACHA Artist

Stay
    i doubt those groups would ever use these forums tbh

MOEBIUS likes this.
  19. mirella

mirella Star

rapline enthusiast
    Yeah, Western artists take years-long hiatuses, but when they come back, they release a full-length album with 12-16 tracks (sometimes even more).

Most of them (I'm speaking of the non-mainstream artists, not the trash ones) spend years writing music and perfecting their albums. And once it's out there, it can be enjoyed by their fans for a long time because it's damn quality. It's fine if I wait years for them to come back, because I know that's worth the wait. It'll be good.

I'm sure Teddy can crank out more than one song a year; pop music is mass-consumed but it becomes dated eventually and doesn't have longetivity.

20. kpop123

kpop123 Artist

Well kpop industry is different... It's demanding and fast paced. If you are not up-to-date with it, you can very easily fall back. It's not going to change anytime soon.

mirella likes this.