Tips for an Oily face???

Discussion in 'Fashion & Beauty' started by orangedayy, Apr 1, 2017.

1. orangedayy

orangedayy Newbie

Currency:
    Thanks to my dad's genes, I've inherited a very oily face. Whenever people say they have an oily face I feel like it isn't as bad as mine. Like, it's really hard for me to wear foundation without it looking all cakey after six hours. Even when I use primer, it still doesn't improve it.

Just to give you guys an idea of how oily my face is, usually my oil absorbing sheet will look like this:

[​IMG]

Are there any good make up products that are for oily skin? And are there any face wash routines that can help make my face less oily?

LovelySerenity likes this.
  2. vipster

vipster Newbie

Currency:
    I also struggle with this. I have to powder around every 2 hours.

3. DZico

DZico Trendsetter

Currency:
    • wash your face regularly
    • keep your hands off your face
    • change your pillow sheath and better put clean towel on it and wash the towel everyday
    • keep your hair off your face
    • watch your food stay away from oily food
    • drink alot of water
    • finally wash your hand before and after doing anything , and if you going outside keep wipes with you or disinfect for hands .
    • don't use or apply any make up cuz it increase pimples specially for oily skin

hope this helps :rolleyes:

if you have acne or acne scars use antibactiral or go to the doctor for hormonal check up , but most of the time acne break out is result of bacterial inflammation

cia_0, dope_5, A.Fishbowl and 2 others like this.
  4. DZico

DZico Trendsetter

Currency:
    I use ESKINOL , and sometimes I use olive oil to remove mascara from my eyes cuz eskinol might burn my eyes but it's good to use on your face .
    [​IMG]
    but I advice you to avoid using make up foundation or anything for healthier skin .

LovelySerenity likes this.
  5. Cutie888

Cutie888 Married to :@ilovetzuyoda

Currency:
    Try using African black soap, it's good for oily skin and acne too. And if you use a moisturizer try one that is oil free. Plus it also last along time so you don't have to worry about running out.

Leeelee and A.Fishbowl like this.
  6. KyuHyung19

KyuHyung19 Rookie

Currency:
    [​IMG]
    I used this before applying makeup/ moisturizer.

[​IMG]

I used this every time after applying moisturizer/ wear makeup.

7. 2fat

2fat Trainee

Currency:
    You say your skin is oily but is it prone to break outs? You are fortunate that your skin is not dry. Try not to dry it out with too many harsh chemicals especially if it isn't acne prone, just oily. If you can get your hands on authentic black soap that is a good idea. Just don't use a soap to strip the oil from your skin, simply cleanse it. Stay away from "cleansing lotions" and oil based products. You already have enough. I'd be willing to bet that most of the "oil" is in the "T" zone across your forehead and down your nose to the tip of your chin. Your eyelids get oily too I presume. That makes your eye makeup slip too doesn't it? Do you also get raccoon eyes? Here's the thing. Being oily in the t zone is very common. It's also not necessarily a bad thing. It can also be worse or better depending on your hormone cycle. When you have oily skin I think "less is more". Foundation seems heavy and suffocating? Seems to develop an oily sheen rather than a healthy glow? Don't wear it. Spot cover and blend concealer on your most oily days. Use a light weight oil free tinted moisturizer or just a moisturizer. Yes, use a moisturizer, oil isn't a moisturizer but it does help hold moisture in. Use a light translucent powder to "set" your make up but apply powder sparingly later in the day. You'll want to blot out the oil throughout the day but applying to much powder will bring you back to the caking problem. Make sure you exfoliate your face well once or twice a week. You can also use over the counter products with retinoids. Prescription creams and lotions are usually reserved for people with moderate to severe acne. Also serums and creams with fruit acids. These act as chemical exfoliants and do help reduce blackheads and white heads. Also, don't count on being "oily" your entire life as you age your skin will likely become less oily.

8. Namjoons_bbabey

Currency:
    Don't starve your face of moisture that'll just make it more oily. Don't be afraid of oils. In moderation of course and only after washing your natural oils off. The applied oil will stop your skin from secreting more which will give you some control over how much oil you want on your face.

A.Fishbowl and michikochan like this.
  9. aragates

aragates Newbie

Currency:
    according to me Scrubbing is Good for Oily Skin It is imperative to exfoliate oily skin once or twice a week also use Wear Sunscreen Always

10. Jordan32

Jordan32 Newbie

Currency:
    • wash your face regularly
    • watch your food stay away from oily food
    • drink enough water
    • use cucumber paste twice a week.

11. amyarnold

amyarnold Newbie

Currency:
    Thanks for sharing the useful post.

12. Endymion_9

Endymion_9 Celebrity

Currency:
    https://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/acne/features/exercise

INCREASED BLOODFLOW CLEANSES TOXINS.

By increasing blood flow, exercise helps nourish skin cells and keep them vital. "Blood carries oxygen and nutrients to working cells throughout the body, including the skin," says Marmur. In addition to providing oxygen, blood flow also helps carry away waste products, including free radicals, from working cells. Contrary to some claims, exercise doesn't detoxify the skin. The job of neutralizing toxins belongs mostly to the liver. "But by increasing blood flow, a bout of exercise helps flush cellular debris out of the system," Marmur tells WebMD. "You can think of it as cleansing your skin from the inside."

13. Alinn_Smith

Alinn_Smith Newbie

Currency:
    I personally feel that no one mostly likes a face that is an oily one.All things are dependent upon the number of times a face is being washed in a day. For treating up with an oily skin, you need to apply a moisturiser that gets adjusted to your skin type.
    Main thing while buying a moisturiser for oily skin is you need to check the ingredients like it should have Vitamin C, Lemon Grass and a willow bark concentrate.
    Not only moisturisers, there are some home remedies which are good enough for the oily skin. Have a look at below of them:-
    • Cocoa butter mixed with coconut oil will prove out to be good enough for an oily skin.
    • Sesame Oil & Shield oil mixture will help in the provision of sun shielding for a skin.
    • You can even try a recipe consisting of Honey, lemon juice, yogurt and egg white. It will show wonders to your face.
    • Jojoba Oil is a very good oil which has various antioxidant properties and proves to be good for an oily skin.
    • Egg Yolk can make your skin dry as well.
    • If you are having an acne prone skin, you can apply honey blended with a mixture of fresh fruits.
    Go for natural things. You will find a change in yourself!

14. MULTI_Fandom0808

MULTI_Fandom0808 Super Rookie

Currency:
    Student
    I'm also oily huhuhuhuhuhu i wish i have smooth skin and free from acne =/

15. Endymion_9

Endymion_9 Celebrity

Currency:
  16. Ann_Cherry

Ann_Cherry Newbie

Currency:
    DO NOT OVER-WASH YOUR FACE. It will strip off your natural oils which makes your oil glands produce more oil. In fact, using good oil on your face will help your skin in becoming not too oily. I use an oil cleanser because of this.

Also, Innisfree's powder is really handy for oily skin. I dab it on my face in the morning before applying makeup and it keeps me oil-free well into the afternoon.

kkumperfect likes this.
  17. mukbang111

mukbang111 Newbie

Currency:
    opt for powder foundation instead of liquid foundation
    use neutrogena's non-oily moisturiser and etude house's zero sebum loose powder

18. Emma_Ackermann

Currency:
    Dove Sensitive Skin Foaming Facial Cleanser works really good on oily face and sensitive skin. Apply this on your face twice in a day.

19. kkumperfect

kkumperfect Newbie

Currency:
    Are you talking about the Innisfree mineral pact (or the no sebum blur pact)? I use the latter and it works well for me! :) I have oily skin type too.

For my tips:
    - Don't skip moisturizer, you're gonna need it. For daytime use, I suggest you buy a matte moisturizer with SPF. It keeps your face shine-free. For night usage, a water based-gel moisturizer is recommended. I used to moisturize my face with aloe vera gel but I recently tried out iWhite Korea Aqua Moisturizer and it leaves a cool and fresh feeling on my skin. :)
    - Exfoliate your face once or twice a week with a good clay mask. So far I've purchased clay masks from Banila Co and it works pretty well. If you don't have the budget for that there are always cheaper alternatives. :)

20. redflagged

redflagged Newbie

Currency:
    Do not use commercial products. Use plants... Try mixing avocado, spiralina, CBD, tea tree oil