Thoughts on stray kids' vocal line?

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by HyungHunter, Oct 28, 2019.

1. HyungHunter

HyungHunter Rookie

Currency:
    I'm not a fan of stray kids and don't really follow them but woojin's vocals really caught my attention and I was impressed by how good he was considering stray kids mainly focus on rap and dance. It's a shame that him and the other vocal line members seemed kind of under utilised.

With the news of him leaving, I wonder what other people thought of their vocal line?

Celinegirls and bibi87 like this.
  2. dong_ii

dong_ii Married to @mochichu

Currency:
    Woojin's voice is the only one I could tell apart in the vocal line

3. Danhoney

Danhoney Rookie

Currency:
    I love Woojin and Seungmins voices and they're very easy to recognise. Unfortunate they haven't had much chance to show it off. Jeongin and Minho can't really sing (in my OPINION) so it's no surprise they don't get much lines. Chan and Jisung are pretty decent too.

4. Cherries_Bombed

Cherries_Bombed Super Rookie

Currency:
    The fact that I just woke up to find out that he's leaving. I hate this so much, I hope he's okay and I wish him success in whatever he does next. I'm going to miss him so much.
    :waterr:

Dianafee and SKZ-Rin like this.
  5. ilikeJB

ilikeJB Public Figure

Currency:
    Honestly I think his voice didn't suit SKZ's color. Doesn't mean it's bad, its actually pretty great. When Woojin was announced to leave, my honest first thought was "Finally, he can explore his own voice".

I was watching back the SKZ reality show. Jun.K's comment was SKZ really needs a producer's guidance on looking for a concept that can suit all of the member's color. He said this because the SKZ members were personally chosen by Bang Chan himself, and 3racha mainly produces for them.

It actually took a long time to find a concept that can harmonize between a group, 2am and 2pm have said this plenty in interviews, thus why they change between members a lot time. Even finding Got7 members had many changes with Day6 members. Got7 itself took 2 years after debut to find a concept that suits all members. Day6 are lucky because they are all boding well since start.

I am not blaming Bang Chan or 3racha on this but they are not experienced in producing a song concept that can immediately suit all 9 members of SKZ. I agree with Jun.K, they do need guidance in this so JYP should note that. When listening to SKZ songs even prior to Woojin leaving, I actually always feel like "This is 3racha, not Stray Kids". Stray Kids color is basically just emulating 3racha and for the vocal line, they just felt like fillers.

Hopefully this will only strengthen the other members for future endeavors.

#5 ilikeJB, Oct 28, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
    HyungHunter and jimeous like this.
  6. jisungstoes

jisungstoes Married to @jeonginsnose

Currency:
    holding a knife
    I think Jisung is their best vocalist. fite me