This is so disappointing.

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by babydontlikeit, Oct 3, 2017.

1. babydontlikeit

Currency:
    I took a little trip down to BTS' DNA mv. Disappointing as heck.

Nearly every single comment is about voting, streaming, breaking records, not losing out to other groups... geezus.
    Yeah, I get it, Armys are doing whatever they can do for BTS. But seriously? When the whole comment section of the music video is flooded with all these type of comments?

There are hardly any comments about the actual mv/comeback/song/album. I hardly see anyone expressing their thoughts, opinions on the video or anything, because._.

Seriously though. Is everything about this comeback breaking records, voting for, streaming for BTS? Is this really all you want to do to show your love for BTS, is this the most important thing in the world you can do for them? That you even dare to call out people in your fandom for being lazy? Heck, it's not called lazy, freaking hell.

I've never been so disappointed.

I've got screenshots, but they won't show for some reason. :/ take a trip down there by yourself, have fun.

Edit: Just a little add on.

1. Yesh I admit I should've mentioned other fandoms in here, not just armys sorreh.
    2. With that, this thread isn't to make armys look bad, heck no, I'm not the kind to do that. When the right time comes I'll be making threads like these for my own fandom lmao.
    3. Please stop explaining to me that these are the efforts that armys can do, because they wanna support, show their love for BTS. If you haven't already seen that, that's what I said and understood up there ^
    4. I never said that every single comment in the comment section was about streaming, voting. Or did I? Well obviously, it wouldn't be. But it takes up an ugly good majority.
    5. And lmao no, this obviously isn't my first time on YouTube. I came back, after regaining faith. Or I made the mistake by scrolling down.

This isn't to diss armys for being so ambitious and wanting to put in more effort for BTS, but there's hardly any comments about the actual music. Maybe I didn't emphasize on that part, but it doesn't seem like it's about the music anymore.

Attached Files:

#1 babydontlikeit, Oct 3, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  2. DISABLED#4

DISABLED#4 Star

Currency:
    Yeah honestly I'm an Army and I'm tired as hell of that

3. HarryBJ

HarryBJ ✰ Ryujin’s Hyung ✰

Currency:
    Speech Mentor
    Well, I just took a trip in my device,

There r comments in the top 10, which relate to LA tragedy and loving the song,
    Considering that there r 3 awards voting going on , that is pretty impressive

Trust me.

4. soshilovelife

Currency:
    If you want the screenshots to show full size you have to go to other options and click full size next to each pic, they will appear full size in your post then.

As to the topic, sadly, most comment sections have become like this, ever since numbers become the fastest way to brag about your group, people barely talk about the actual comeback anymore, everything is about making some record to brag about. Sad but true

5. Dribble

Dribble Public Figure

Currency:
    did you just realize how annoying army is ? well, congratulations.

NoCookie90, Meloverse and persona1418 like this.
  6. reveluvs

reveluvs Celebrity

Currency:
    ya theyre annoying....whats new

NoCookie90 and persona1418 like this.
  7. blahblah1234

blahblah1234 Super Rookie

Currency:
    Lol go on almost every single other groups mv. It’s almost the same thing, see if you were there during the first week you wouldn’t have seen this, it’s just that awards are coming up

8. mialei

mialei Newbie

Currency:
    Even on Twitter that's all I really see from a variety of fandoms haha.
    I do vote when i can cause I wanna support BTS and their artistry but in reality most fandoms care a lot about streaming/views/votes/rankings now.. trust me it's everywhere. I won't generalize ARMYs cause they're obviously not all about that(like I know other fandoms aren't). I'm sure there's still people out there commenting and appreciating the song and mv though!

9. Spinereader

Spinereader Leader

Currency:
    All that for the worst video BTS has ever released. Honestly, it's just ugly! The song isn't so bad (very "eh") but the video is nothing but flashing colors, with the group just standing around.

But anyway, I just don't have it in me to work so hard to help them break records. If I were to make a contribution as a fan, it would be something that helps others. Like raising awareness for a cause close to a member's heart, or donating something (like rice) in a member's name.

Votux, reeesie, NoCookie90 and 5 others like this.
  10. blossom_girl

blossom_girl ⋆ P S Y C H O ⋆

Currency:
    Imagine a non fan stumbling across a kpop mv and the entire comment sec is a circle jerk over the view count.. yikes

Votux, baekthoven, funf and 17 others like this.
  11. Yabie

Yabie Star

Currency:
    I wish i had that much free time in my life to search for these things, yet alone to care about them.

lucky you guys

armink, Comfrey, winkwink and 6 others like this.
  12. LegendaryTsunade

Currency:
    Stanning the same group forever
    Who cares what's in comment section you guys seriously can't find something else to be bothered with?

"OMG THIS IS SO DISAPPOINTING - THE COMMENTS ARE NOT WHAT I EXPECTED THEM TO BE .. "

Uhh,, okay

13. freysan

freysan Public Figure

Currency:
    wow, the effort to gather so many comments, though..

[​IMG]

this also reminded me to start nagging people to vote for AAA again.. year-end award season is always hectic.. :sweatr:

winkwink, yoonbread, PopCandy and 2 others like this.
  14. Lilac_Ace

Lilac_Ace Celebrity

Currency:
    It really is disappointing:). Thanks for the hardwork~;). Preach it to everyone.:)
    [​IMG]

winkwink and freysan like this.
  15. Xadne

Xadne Idol

Currency:
    Sadly not only ARMYs, generally every somehow big fandom it seems. Pretty annoying but what can you do

16. LadyS

LadyS Leader

Currency:
    Is this like? Your first time on YouTube lmao? It’s not only armys fam it’s literally every new gen group out there

17. LadyS

LadyS Leader

Currency:
    Lmao ikr like, I see an mv to watch the video not to read the comments

18. risingtaeyang

risingtaeyang Super Rookie

Currency:
    Lol....just ignore what you don't like. There's much more bigger and scarier things happening in the world to let the comment section of a music video bother you.

19. Blabluegree

Blabluegree Trendsetter

Currency:
    Warlord
    I ignore them. It's not like they're effecting me or anyone else for that matter with what they're. Let fans do as they please without trying to confine them to your own expectations. This intensity is to be expected seeing as the term fan is derived from fanatics; it shouldn't come as a surprise and it's not just ARMYs. All fandoms have demonstrated the capacity to be obsessed with views and other statistics. Why? Because these people want to make their favorite artists and idols happy and show their utmost support.

pennywise and Lilac_Ace like this.
  20. GoldenIdun

GoldenIdun Celebrity

Currency:
    Mochi Bot
    Sure, there's comments about streaming and voting since there's some awards they need the views and votes for, but don't act like there's nothing else... Especially when these comments have only started happening within the last couple days. When DNA was released I was actually surprised how few comments there were about streaming or breaking records. The comments were all about the comeback then, but now where award season is starting it's changed.

Here's how the top comment section looks, when you don't filter the comments and pick out specific ones:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Since you seem to think this trend is an ARMY thing only, I suggest you educate yourself and compare DNA's comment section to any other less than 1 month old popular comeback MV (especially during award season), cause then you'll see this is how most kpop fans on YT act. It's the same for every new kpop comeback MV.
    Take this other recent MV from EXO for example:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#20 GoldenIdun, Oct 3, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2017