This Industry Is Really... Sigh. The Show Did It AGAIN.

Discussion in 'Celebrity Zone' started by aquamaraqua, May 29, 2018.

1. aquamaraqua

aquamaraqua Public Figure

Currency:
    Full Time CandY
    I really thought the industry was moving forward in terms of anti-Jp sentiment but that doesn't seem to be the case. Maybe it isn't even about that anymore, but it's tiring with everything else added on top.

Context: CROSS GENE were 2nd place on The Show pre-voting, and while that category is only 5%, it ends up being a large enough portion of the final votes along with the clear importance towards digital sales & album sales.

The boys also charted #5 on Hanteo daily (moving up 5 places btw, on their 3rd week of promotions as well):

[​IMG]

So we were all shocked to see this result from the voting:

Heck even their choreographer was confused

[​IMG]

Frankly enough, UNI.T did not compete with the MV views, album sales OR prevoting points. Neither group is charting anywhere this week on the digital charts either, plus the digital category is broken down into percentages so that they'd have much leverage if both groups are doing poorly. These facts are in no way trying to bring down UNI.T, and there very well may have been some logistical difference that caused UNI.T to be higher, but K-CandY and i-CandY both are asking for answers from The Show because the results in the end are just... odd given the facts.

The real kicker here is that Seyoung and Sangmin themselves said to CandY yesterday that they were nominated for The Show. CandY weren't even hoping for a win since it'd clearly go to digital charting G-Idle, but we wanted to at least get them a nomination this promotion cycle (they've received nominations before, came in 2nd place a few times, it's a bigger deal now because they've regrouped as 5 after Cas left).

It'd be fine if it was just us hoping for a win, but the fact that the boys had their hopes up and then not only were they simply shadily crushed, but CROSS GENE, a 6 year old group, the most senior group in the entire show, had not only their performance CUT but were also placed much earlier in the lineup, rather than the end which is reserved for seniors.

KCandY were crying today after what happened, that's just... heartbreaking.

All we ask for is respect for our men who have been in this shit industry for a considerable amount of time. It's sad they had to cheer up CandY with heavy hearts, even though them sharing their food with CandY is simply adorable. T-T

There have been various other shady and disrespectful things the industry has done to CG for a variety of reasons in the past, but this really hit hard because of in how poor taste it was done.

I hope other fandom can help us get feedback from The Show by using the following hashtags:

#더쇼_사전투표_왜_해

#더쇼해명해

These men don't deserve this...

LYP, centen, SunChonna and 3 others like this.
  2. KangTaehyun

KangTaehyun ミ☆
    Events Trainee .

Currency:
    bg collector
    damn thats ugly af i feel sorry for them

Purplelavender97 likes this.
  3. Venomous

Venomous Idol

Currency:
    Artist
    Does everyone just ignore the fact that there's still 15% placed on expert preference?

4. aquamaraqua

Currency:
    Full Time CandY
    We didn't ignore that. In fact like I said in OP that /may/ have been why they were above us, but it's still shoddy af and it's WHY we're asking for an explanation. The album sales are 10% on their own though. Add that with the 5% prevote and 20% SNS points (Youtube views) and CROSS GENE are leading in all 3 categories.

This isn't even about the nomination as much as it is about the lack of respect. It's simply demeaning.

5. aquamaraqua

Currency:
    Full Time CandY
    It really is... here's a whole thread on the bullshit they've received since debut.

6. I_am_scythe

I_am_scythe Trainee

Currency:
  7. SunChonna

SunChonna Trainee

Currency:
    they're so pretty it hurts
    They can atleast show some respect to the older groups...

8. aquamaraqua

Currency:
    Full Time CandY
    It's sad a group compared to legends has to be dragged through the mud after all their contributions to the industry...

SunChonna likes this.
  9. BangDaeJae

BangDaeJae Newbie

Currency:
    Sometimes it's really hard being a fan of this group but I wont give up on them. This is shitty.

aquamaraqua likes this.