This Anime Podcast is Pure Cringe

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga' started by JonathanNC, Jul 11, 2019.

Tags:
  1. JonathanNC

JonathanNC Trainee

Music/Anime Fan
    What I am about to mention is to do with this god awful bottom of the sewer anime podcast called "The Other Side" and it's related website called "Anime Outsiders". They have recently been getting a lot more attention lately since they joined the StandWithVic Movement and claim that Vic is innocent despite all of the evidence that he is in fact guilty. (For those that don't know Vic is an English Dub Voice Actor that voiced Characters in Dragon Ball Z and Full Metal Alchemist.)
    (Though recently even the StandWithVic people have since disowned Cody over him saying stupid stuff in a livestream on someone else's Youtube Channel.
    Two of the podcast's Co-Hosts Cody and Max used to be part of a Anti-Fanfiction Forum called Project A.F.T.E.R., which I joined back in 2013, but I left the forum because a lot of the members, including Cody and Max, were mostly rude to me and treated me like complete shit just because I didn't like "South Park" and also because I defended 4kids. (Which I have to admit I regret to be honest, but I still had the right to my opinion. Cody and Max didn't have to be assholes about it.) It's like they couldn't and still can't handle different opinions at all.
    Years later I found out ironically that both Cody and Max became Trump Supporters and it even caused the admin of the Project A.F.T.E.R. Forum to disown them.
    Both of them continued to be active on Twitter with Cody defending the white supremacists at Charlottesville and Max tweeting that he thought Black Lives Matter was worse than white supremacists.
    I was like OMG WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?! I knew Cody and Max were bad but they are FAR worse than I originally thought.
    (Though they have since deleted these controversial tweets which is really not surprising.)
    This podcast is every bit as cringe inducing as one would imagine, They once did an entire episode mostly celebrating Trump winning and judging everyone that voted for Hillary/is a Democrat, And they also judge people for liking certain anime that they don't like or for disliking anime that they enjoy. They are without a single doubt some of the most self righteous, snobbish, elitist, hypocritical, mean spirited people I have ever heard on a podcast.
    It seems part of the reason that they are siding with Vic is because he is a Conservative. I can guarantee you if it was the other way around they would say Vic is guilty. (Though I now realize that we don't really know what Vic's stance on Trump is.)
    The reason I am mentioning all of this is since they are getting more attention than they did before I feel I had a duty to let people know the truth about Cody and Max and "The Other Side".
    This is the proof of what they said to me on Project A.F.T.E.R. years ago back in 2013.
    Project AFTER 1.PNG Project AFTER 2.PNG Project AFTER 3.PNG Project AFTER 4.PNG Project AFTER 5.PNG

#1 JonathanNC, Jul 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  2. Burrito

Burrito Married to @gemiyuna

Burger King Employee
  3. JonathanNC

JonathanNC Trainee

Music/Anime Fan
    What happened is years ago I used to post on a forum that is no longer around called Project A.F.T.E.R.
    I had noticed that they had a section on there site for Mystery Science Theater style riff commentary posts of Bad Fanfiction.
    That was why I joined the site. But Cody and Max, and a lot of people on that site in general, Were very rude to me.
    So for a while I had taken a break for a couple of months and gave the site a second chance.
    Then I mentioned the shows that I thought should be canceled and they didn't like that and later I defended 4kids and they didn't like that either. So after that I decided to leave the site for good.
    They couldn't accept that I had at the time different opinions than them on certain tv shows.
    Looking back I will now admit that I did go too far with my post on TV censorship and that I regret however I still feel that they didn't have to be so rude about it.
    They just really couldn't handle different opinions.
    Also, my view on 4kids is the exact opposite now. I didn't know about One Piece and the Dub they made of it and had I had know about it I NEVER would have defended 4kids. Though again, I still had the right to my opinions and they didn't have to be so mean about it.
    Then years later on there Podcast Cody and Max defended a English Dub Voice named Vic who has several allegations against him and which he even admitted to some of them. Cody and Max to this very day still continue to defend him despite all the evidence which shows Vic is guilty. They have been getting way more attention since then and I felt that since I been mistreated by Cody and Max I felt that I should speak up about how they treated me years ago.

#3 JonathanNC, Jul 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  4. mcflxrry

mcflxrry Super Rookie

...ok i guess