Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

"they just need public friendly songs"

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by TaeyangSaved, Jul 16, 2017.

1. TaeyangSaved

TaeyangSaved Artist

i don't get when fans say "they just need public friendly songs" and they will have a hit and become relevant/successful.
    like got7 fans seems to always pull this card out often but they had Just Right? A? Stop Stop it? and more yet their highest digital sales is 211K!
    army's used to pull this card when bts had no hits within 3 years of their career until BST & Spring Day where they were actually somewhat recognized by Korea!
    exols do pull this card when there's arguments about "Song Of the Year" saying "they just need public friendly songs" but they do have public friendly songs! Growl was a great hit! Call Me baby is public friendly and it did well! they also had other songs that are public friendly but didn't do well which shows that having public friendly songs does not mean the public will recognize it.

heck, 2NE1's girl crush side are not even close to being public friendly yet they are huge hits and are one of the best selling! also Song of the Year

but if you want boygroup comparisons! BIGBANG has tremendous amount of songs that are not public friendly and yet these songs are "Song of the Year" and are best selling!

so i think that saying "public friendly songs is what the group needs" is a factor at all in giving them songs that are a hit or dominate the charts

comment yo salty comments and what do you think are the factors that increases Korea recognition or success in korea's charts/songs

2. IlikekpopIguess

Well a public friendly song is a very good way to gain momentum in the industry though, 2ne1 and BIGBANG have gotten so big that they are free to do whatever they want with their songs and still chart amazingly.

3. emanresu10

emanresu10 Star

Well 2NE1 is what I call "female friendly".

It's all strong, confident, sexy women out being strong, confident and sexy.

If one is not "public friendly" one needs to be "female friendly".

Both are more or less viable routes to widespread success.

Exbbsy12, KoShinwon, fxcx09 and 6 others like this.
  4. HausofFly

HausofFly Artist

[​IMG]
    I lowkey missed you

gorogoro, chiblet28, dope_5 and 3 others like this.
  5. TaeyangSaved

TaeyangSaved Artist

but "Can't Nobody", "Follow Me", "Hate You" were released in the early stages of their career / their rookie years.

6. sami101

sami101 Trainee

Simple. 2NE1 are unatractive. There are lots of unattractive femles that stan them cuz they uggo too. Makes Sense too me m8.

7. TaeyangSaved

TaeyangSaved Artist

[​IMG]
    i'll give you a gif since you somewhat tried

8. Cutie888

Cutie888 Star

[​IMG]

Sephir8, Exbbsy12, Darkwah99 and 12 others like this.
  9. TaeyangSaved

TaeyangSaved Artist

thats true but snsd is both public friendly & female friendly yet they are less successful and their songs are less than 2NE1 in digitals & charts

Kawaii8 likes this.
  10. Cutie888

Cutie888 Star

That's just racist :rolleyes:

11. jytjuyikhujo

jytjuyikhujo Legend

The fuck excuse me? What about black girls?

Sephir8, Exbbsy12, Kawaii8 and 8 others like this.
  12. Abeamus

Abeamus Artist

Probably comes down to star power honestly, if you feel like a big deal people won't take their eyes off you, if you don't they won't give you a second glance.

13. HappyMaknae

HappyMaknae Part time Nun; Seungri's VIP Stripper; Iljin; Mod
    Staff Member

What kind of bs is this? smh

Outta here with this nonsense.

I dont even know why people think this is a fun way to be a troll/

14. suzang

suzang Star

Everything aside, I have literally never heard EXO Ls (or anyone actually), say that all EXO needs is a public friendly song. EXO's doing amazing and everyone knows that GROWL was their national hit song. Even at awards, we mostly care about Album and Artist awards because there are songs that end up doing better than them or songs that were actual hits that year. Like we hardly ever expect Song of the Year. So this whole EXO thing is new to me.

As for the phrase in general, don't people usually say that about groups that have incredible popularity but lack public recognition? I agree with it in this case. They have everything besides a hit song under their belt so once they get that, they're basically set.

All the songs you have listed are Big Bang and 2ne1. Big Bang is on a whole other level and anything they release will do well public friendly or not. Obviously the public friendly songs will do a bit better but the others will do well regardless of whether they become a hit or not. Big Bang's name literally translates to Public friendly. As for the 2ne1 songs, all of them were produced by Teddy and Teddy is like the Big Bang of producers. As long as Teddy's name is there, it'll do well. Seriously, I really wonder what YG will do if Teddy was to ever leave. He's the main producer of almost all of their hits.

15. MikaylaPark

MikaylaPark Entertainer

I am white as can be but when I see such comments I just can't stay still. I believe we are all the same, black/white/yellow or whatever religion/non religious. I bet you are ugly af in real life. That's why you are behind a keyboard talking trash about other people and being racist.

Exbbsy12, dope_5 and jytjuyikhujo like this.
  16. Darkyoda47

Darkyoda47 Legend

koschei and magito like this.
  17. GoldenIdun

GoldenIdun Artist

I mean I somewhat agree. There's no doubt some genres have better chances of doing better in Korea, because the general public loves those genres more (OSTs/ballads, cute songs etc.), but that doesn't mean a rock or hip hop song can't do well. But it might take a little more public recognition/star power to do well with a "niche" genre in Korea.

I've actually never seen any of those fandoms you mentioned complain about this, so I can't comment on that, but I did recently notice that that was the excuse a lot of ikonics gave for ikon's less than expected charting... Which ofc makes no sense when you see someone like Zico and Loco charting pretty well with their hip hop songs, so... yeah it's definitely possible!

#17 GoldenIdun, Jul 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
    fxcx09 and Sdkokproject like this.
  18. jytjuyikhujo

jytjuyikhujo Legend

@TaeyangSaved Im glad your back :loverr3:, Sorry i got distracted from the main point of tour thread, theres always that one person that ruins the thread :annoyedr:

TaeyangSaved likes this.
  19. Sdkokproject

Sdkokproject Entertainer

BigBang debuted in 2006, they made a name for themselves throughout the years. the groups that debut nowadays are all struggling, are you really going to compare?

I bet if got7 had debuted in 2006 they would be in a similar position as bigbang

Emidiva likes this.
  20. TaeyangSaved

TaeyangSaved Artist

oh really? Teddy didn't produce MADE or M.A.D.E at all. it was all BIGBANG members though... BIGBANG barely had public friendly songs though.... Teddy produced iKon's Bling Bling and ONE's debut yet it didnt go well with the public so i highly disagree that anything that Teddy produces becomes a hit. its more like the public hearing or seeing that its by BIGBANG or 2NE1 that they would listen to it.