There are a lot more people who hate Alex than I thought...why?

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by karebearsays, Dec 25, 2016.

?

Do you like her or not?

1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    72.2%
  2. No, not really

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  3. erm...I have mixed feelings

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. karebearsays

karebearsays Super Rookie

Currency:
    Personally I love Alex and RaNia, and have been keeping tabs on them this whole year, but after reading some comments on the AKP article about their comeback, a lot of people were surprised/angry about her being a leader/ being in the group at all. I knew people would hate her, but whenever I went on the comment section in YT they were always so positive and supportive, but now I'm unsure...

2. DISABLED#4

DISABLED#4 Star

Currency:
    Why, what is she hated for? I know Rania and quite like them but I don't know the members.

3. xposedflowers

xposedflowers Newbie

Currency:
    First of all, why is she even hated on?

4. koschei

koschei Star

Currency:
    I don't personally hate her, but I believe she made a mistake by moving to a different country without having at least basic knowledge of the language and its culture and starting a career there right away.
    It was her managers' fault, but she still should have thought it through. It was obvious Koreans would have a hard time getting to like her.

5. Konggie3

Konggie3 Rookie

Currency:
    [
    She is African- American, making her the 1st non-asian Kpop Idol followed closely by Jayden Smith XD and well not a lot of people are happy which is sad :(

6. Konggie3

Konggie3 Rookie

Currency:
    It's a bit of a Hangeng situation (not really but similar) where he wasn't allowed to perform because he was Chinese, not Korean, for a while. Mostly because of the audience, so it might be similar, maybe idk?

7. DISABLED#4

DISABLED#4 Star

Currency:
    There was Brad from Busker Busker, he was white so she's not the first one who's not asian. It's stupid to hate on her.

8. Konggie3

Konggie3 Rookie

Currency:
    Yeah but he was white....
    Putting this in a spoiler because reasons, Korean's seem to have an interest in White people, while black people are discriminated

9. karebearsays

Currency:
    Isn't he half white, half Korean though? I don't really know why she's hated but I just noticed a lot more negative comments about her now that they're coming back than I ever seen before. (except when she was first announced.) But then again this is Allkpop, so idk...

Also I tagged all the members names so if you want to learn their names just look in the tagged section.

10. DISABLED#4

DISABLED#4 Star

Currency:
    Yeah, I know, racism sucks, I just mentioned him because you said she was the first non-asian idol which she's not. Well, we'll see, maybe people will be okay with her after a while.

11. karebearsays

Currency:
    Well actually the thing I noticed is that Koreans actually like her, it's more the international fans who are skeptical, which is really weird to me.

12. DISABLED#4

DISABLED#4 Star

Currency:
    Hm, idk, I didn't really follow them that much but whenever I saw posts about him he was always just mentioned as "that one white dude". Yeah the comment section on articles is basically a battlefield so I wouldn't really rely on that, it's better to discuss things here where it's more peaceful.

13. koschei

koschei Star

Currency:
    then my only explanation is that international fans "want to keep kpop to asians" more than they are willing to admit
    which is an offenive nonsense since its koreans who asked for her to be there

14. BatgHURL

BatgHURL Newbie

Currency:
    From what I've seen since she joined Rania, is that she actually get a lot of support from Korea. The people that's having a hard time is the international kpop fans.

Also I think what some international fans problems is that, they want to be idols, and they feel like they can't, and hate when they see others that's not Asian become idols. Cause a whole sh*t storm gonna happen if Jaden Smith makes it.

15. ilikeJB

ilikeJB Public Figure

Currency:
    Actually Koreans in general treat all foreigners the same. If Koreans have interest with White people, Shannon wouldn't be deemed "too white" for their industry and Somi wouldn't have been bullied for looking white in school.

16. caiman

caiman Public Figure

Currency:
    Rice Farmer
    She seems nice

17. bonbonfairy

bonbonfairy Public Figure

Currency:
    i like her, she seems really nice and she's super pretty so good for her chasing her dreams... i just hope she can reach them because dr music does not always seem super legit so i am sending her my best wishes