The Real Reason Behind Success

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Rolex, Jun 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Rolex

Rolex A-List

Currency:

I figured out that BTS don't have to have extraordinary vocals, rap and dance (though they're good at them)

All they have to do is work hard, love and be loved by their fans, have great personalities, be so fun, humble and supportive!

Talent is not all about singing, rapping, dancing, producing, etc...

Same thing with success...

2. IQYZS

IQYZS Married to @igloo

Currency:
    I agree with everything else, but I had to fix that...

joysoo likes this.
  3. Coelacanth

Coelacanth Super Rookie

Currency:
    Hard work, sincerity, passion for their music, great personalities, love for their fans, humility, humor, artistry... all of these are reasons BTS has won so many hearts, and I would definitely call that talent! OP, I agree with you 100% :)

...But I also want to add that I would describe BTS' rap as not just good but great. Suga is a beast, while J-Hope is super underrated and RM is just brilliant! Their trilogy of mixtapes truly showcases the group's artistic diversity and musical skill.

cassexotic and Rolex like this.
  4. Rolex

Rolex A-List

Currency:
    I'm just trying to understand why people say they're not talented... They're beast dancers, beast rappers, great vocalists... They have great and fun personalities that makes them closer to the fan, they are indeed hard-workers as they come from a company that one day was irrelevant, they did their best and improved themselves to improve their company with them... They must be very appreciated from the company because they've done so much things to put their name, their company and kpop high up there.

5. katahtattat

Currency:
    since none of us actually know any of these idols, you're saying It's all about the marketing and media play?

joysoo likes this.
  6. Rolex

Rolex A-List

Currency:
    What?? Do you mean BTS by idols?

7. katahtattat

Currency:
    i mean idols by idols, but bts are idols. i was responding to your hypothesis for the real reason behind success.

StanleyM likes this.
  8. songqion

songqion Public Figure

Currency:
    Wheein enthusiast
    Yeah they have a good chemistry with their fans and they seem to be really into what they're doing but still, let's not forget about the importance of being good looking here. Idk how popular they could be if they didn't have a Jungkook, V or Jin.

Rolex likes this.
  9. Rolex

Rolex A-List

Currency:
    Okay, well so i didn't say success is all about marketing and media play... I meant to say that success is not just about being perfect at everything, hardwork is a part of success, building a strong relationship between you and your fans is, having great, humble, supportive and fun personalities is, hardwork leads to talent but there are people who work hard but still struggle to achieve what they want, we shouldn't call someone untalented because they lack in some departments, because not everyone is perfect, take BTS as an example, BTS are not just hardworking since their debut but also actually talented unlike what people keep saying about them and criticizing their vocals when they actually got great vocals, they might not be the best at that department but we shouldn't drag them because of that and shouldn't forget to focus on their good sides as their outstanding rap, their energetic and precise dancing, their producing skills, etc etc i hope you got what i'm trying to say

Zehila likes this.
  10. katahtattat

Currency:
    i understand what you meant, but since you don't know any idol (i assume) the personality is based on marketing and media play.

11. Rolex

Rolex A-List

Currency:
    Do you mean me?

12. katahtattat

Currency:
    i assume nobody on this forum knows any kpop idols

13. Rolex

Rolex A-List

Currency:
    Can you first explain ro me what is the difference between an idol and an artist if you know please?

#13 Rolex, Jun 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  14. Zehila

Zehila Leader

Currency:
    You're one salty person. Who said they know any idols ? Do you really think people aren't aware of the persona every celebrity has ?