Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

The Big3 Families

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by meister92, Mar 22, 2018.

?

do you agree that some/all fans will favors groups from the same company? eg, YG, JYP & SM stans

1. Yes

2. No

3. Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. meister92

meister92 Super Rookie

Sometimes, i wonder why, when big3 groups had a fanwar they always tried to drag other groups? Can you all just fight among yourself & leave out the others? The big3 groups will always be on top when it comes to sales. Twice, rv & bp will always have their senior groups' fans back them up in terms of sales (physicals & digitals) & social medias (likes & views). The groups that has to start from the bottom don't have all that kind of luxury.

Normally, some, if not all of senior groups' fans will automatically became their (twice, rv & bp) fans. See how hyped they're, how many fans they have before they even debut? Mamamoo only has their friends and family members when they debut.

I don't think it's fair to compare the big3' groups & non-big3' groups.

This is just my opinion & not intended to create another fanwars.

2. steveleeyg

steveleeyg Artist

I've seen it way too many times in the past 10 years or so, certain people sticking to just one company and completely disregarding music from elsewhere, which is pretty hilarious and I feel sorry for those people.

meister92 likes this.
  3. drakan

drakan Artist

Some fans are like that, but, it's sort of understandable considering each of the big 3 have, over the years, developed their own unique style of music that can be seen in all their groups.

4. jagerjack

jagerjack Artist

Let's just say SM and YG. I don't see much JYP family thing, JYP fandom or anything like that. It is mostly between YG and SM.

shineeeeeeeeee and meister92 like this.
  5. funkycucumber

funkycucumber Rookie

Yea sometimes I get annoyed when big3 GG stans come and shade mamamoo for having low youtube views/physicals -.- Unlike the many company stans that will support/curious enough to watch the MVs, mamamoo started off from nothing. While groups like twice and red velvet's first album already get >50K sales, mamamoo started with fewer than 5000 sales. Well they have increased their physical sales ten-fold, pretty amazing.

astraeapop and meister92 like this.
  6. meister92

meister92 Super Rookie

ikr. i'm pretty happy because mamamoo getting recognition they deserved to. but to compare with the big3, is still too early. maybe if they become big like bts, then it's okay. lol

7. jay

jay Rookie

Yes, which is kind of annoying and disappointing because many groups from smaller companies are much better, but don't get the recognition they deserve

meister92 likes this.
  8. meister92

meister92 Super Rookie

that's why i always saying that non-big3's groups are underrated.

9. yugurt

yugurt Rookie

As a YG stan I'd have to say that it's almost like you can't dislike a group that YG forms because his groups are quality!
    (Not disregarding JYP or SM)
    I do stan other groups that aren't under the BIG3 but I have to say the most quality groups, in my opinion, come from the BIG3 (excluding some amazing ones that are just heavenly...)

10. funkycucumber

funkycucumber Rookie

I beg to differ. I used to be a SM stan but really there are a lot of quality non big 3 groups as well. BTS, mamamoo, ACE. I don't see in any way they are not as good as a big3 grp

meister92 likes this.
  11. yugurt

yugurt Rookie

Yeah, there totally are, but I haven't seen lots of quality groups outside the big three... I don't know maybe I'm just really biased lol... (Here are SOME of the groups I stan that aren't apart of the BIG3; ACE, mamamoo, BTS, Gfriend, CLC and momoland)

meister92 likes this.
  12. jagerjack

jagerjack Artist

A Pink, Mamamoo, G Friend, Girl's Day, Sistar, Kara, T ara, Brown Eyed Girls, AOA, Secret, After School, Lovelyz, Oh My Girl, Gugudan
    Highlight, BTOB, Infinite, B1A4, VIXX, Block B, Nu'est, Seventeen, Monsta X, Cn Blue, Ft Island, B.A.P, Astro, MBLAQ, SS501

Should I keep continuing?

randomstrang3r and meister92 like this.
  13. Queeeenie

Queeeenie Entertainer

You have to remember that those three companies started off small once.
    JYP got rejected from many auditions, he had to build up his reputation with blood sweat and tears.

I expect big hit will get there one day, and then all the fans will be bashing them saying how they have an unfair advantage.

It's really stupid. The big three are where they are today because they have produced MANY successful groups and artists, not just one or two. That is the difference!

#13 Queeeenie, Mar 24, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
  14. Queeeenie

Queeeenie Entertainer

Kpop fans who shade other groups for having sold less or being less popular are idiots.
    I'm not talking about just big three fans, I'm talking about everyone.

If the group you like is from a small company, that doesn't give you the right to shade on artists from more established ones either. Being an underdog doesn't automatically or intrinsically make you more talented or deserving than everyone else. It should all come down to the quality of music and performances.

Girls Day's last album was really good, it had some quality songs. I bought it and I love it, I wish Minah was more appreciated as a singer...
    But the fact is they're not that popular nowadays, they can't compete against Twice or Blackpink. It's just the way that it is.
    Everyone works hard, so they all deserve their success really.

15. meister92

meister92 Super Rookie

i dont really care if big3 groups have larger fanbase or has more sales, but sometimes their fans really overreacting on everything. when mamamoo won mcountdown, igot7 said mamamoo cheated & mnet is rigged. then, when got7 won musicbank, igot7 said "this how it was supposed to be", while moomoos congratulate got7 for winning & said good job to mamamoo cause take no.2. today mamamoo won inkigayo, igot7 once again saying "how is that racist mamamoo still got fans???". i know that not all but most of big3 fans like to shade on other artists like they are superior fandom.

astraeapop likes this.
  16. Queeeenie

Queeeenie Entertainer

The bigger the fandom, the higher the chance of assholes and trolls. True igot7s don't do that shit.

LYP likes this.
  17. meanietrash

meanietrash Super Rookie

I wouldn't consider myself an SM stan but SM artists have a certain style of music that I really like. But I like a lot of groups under small companies, and I hate when people make funs of groups that have small fandoms. It's not a competition, please shut up. My faves don't need a lot of fans. A lot of ratty disloyal fans is worse than having a small, pleasant fandom.

LYP and meister92 like this.