Tell me things about Mamamoo

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by CaptainElias, Nov 17, 2019.

Tags:
  1. CaptainElias

CaptainElias Rookie

Currency:
    So Mamamoo captures my full attention.Firstly with Gogobebe and now with hip.I wasnt into a song for a few time and i was really bored but mmoo's hip was a great song!Exactly what i wanted!Tell me some info about the group moomoos (if im saying fandom name correctly XD)!Is there any video or tv series to watch to learn them as a group?Also few more questions,does they comeback frequently How good do you think will be the future of the group?Do you think they will disband anytime soon? (1-2 years?)

2. Hopkinz

Hopkinz Legend

Currency:
    Promoting all the groups
    Mamamoo are considered the most vocally talented girl group of the 3rd gen. They are also variety stars known for their humor and great teamwork. Just watching any compilation video of them will make you fall in love with them. They usually make 2-3 comebacks a year, so I'd say they comeback very frequently. They also come out with lots of "surprise" releases that aren't promoted, so Moomoos are fed pretty well. The group is five years old, meaning they have two years left in their contract and there is a high chance they will re-sign (although girl groups are notorious for NOT re-signing regardless of the level of popularity). If you like those songs, I have some recommendations

3. loncoo

loncoo Rookie

Currency:
    "my phoooone, my phoooone"
    Like if you get the reference

sweettaylor, crystal105 and whipped like this.
  4. fancynayeon

fancynayeon Public Figure

Currency:
    OT9 twice trash
    if you're getting into them listen to their 2015/2017 releases i really like you're the best

5. Ash_and_Thorns

Ash_and_Thorns Trendsetter

Currency:
    A Lazy Manager of Something
    A quratet known for being vocally talented , gifted in performance and with charm to last .

They started with a retro - mostly Jazzy - style but have since diverged , you can still find nods to this style in their newer music though .

You have Solar known for her strong persona and explosive voice . Incredibly passionate about performing :

Wheein , the adorable queen with the honey-like voice . Good dancer too :

Moonbyul ; main rapper and ultimate girl crush :

Hwasa , the fierce maknae who has some of the most amazing facial expressions :

Mamamoo are known for being incredibly versatile with their image and performances : They switch from cute to elegant to classy to fierce to ridiculous with complete ease .

I suggest seeing their song '1CM Taller Than You ' to get a taste of that ridiculousness .

Also see their performances from Immortall Songs 2

6. Angela_Cao

Angela_Cao Hwasa's Alt allkpop Account

Currency:
    A lot of people know MAMAMOO as the vocal powerhouses and the most vocally balanced group of the 3rd generation, but they’re also one of the most well-rounded groups in terms of talent as well with all talented members in their expertise(s), and also a very talented rap line, awesome stage presence (esp. the maknae line), good at variety, and talented songwriters as well (esp. Moonbyul). Their songs are usually of a wide variety (esp. R&B) and they have done a wide variety of concepts for their music as well, but earlier were more jazz/jazz-inspired songs, but as they progressed as a group, much more retro (maybe more diverse genres?) IMO, and they have really good b-sides. ;) All the members have established solo careers aside from the group as well, especially the maknae line of the group.

As for personalities, as a summary, I would say they’re loud crackheads (which I guess contributes to their variety talent, and especially Solar). Solar is the leader of the group, but she’s also the Yeba (kind of similar to 4D personality from other groups, but not really) of the group as well. The others are as crackhead-material with the rest of the group making up the “Loser Crew” (as crackhead-quality as Solar’s Yeba). Moonbyul is the (I would say) “tomboy” of the group (and the one in the group known for the girl crush concept though I would say the others also contribute to the concept as well). Wheein is the puppy (hence Wheepup) and moodmaker of the group and IMO acts like the maknae more than the actual maknae (Hwasa) herself (in terms of overall persona, IMO and no means to offend anyone, is kind of like a female version of BTS V (through their interests, overall personality, reputation for their effective voices, etc. which is coincidental because these two are my top two biases)). Hwasa is the savage maknae of the group and is probably the most or one of the most level-headed or mature (in terms of crackhead level) of the group though she’s of crackhead-material herself.

As for disbandment question (really touchy subject ik), I would say it’s a 50-50. On one hand, they might given their rising popularity, but on the other, given the age of the members and their agency as well, a more negative possibility might ensue.

There’s a document I have stored in my Google drive that talks more about the group and the members more better (and accurate) than I can that I will attach later (gotta get back studying after a typical Sunday family lunch).

#6 Angela_Cao, Nov 17, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
    acadz and Ash_and_Thorns like this.
  7. BlackpinkHouse

Currency:
    Government - Top Secret
    Just watch this. I hope this is live and not lip synced. But even if it's prerecorded, the vocals here are SO SO good, the best in Kpop for sure. I loved this song and this performance, they deserved to win.

This isn't just idols entertaining. These are musicians performing.

acadz, Angela_Cao and Ash_and_Thorns like this.
  8. salem9

salem9 Celebrity

Currency:
    I will put the highlights of their career

1. Debut: pulling off one of the most amazing debut stages ever, they made it with zero fans other than their family and some friends

2. Immortal songs: they became really popular after their jaw dropping performances (they are the only kpop group to win two episodes, as far as i remember). That popularity translated into UOAY doing amazingly well for a none big 3 gg

3. 1st win: what can i say. I still get emotional with this. Beating up two senior sm artists !!!!

4. Blue Dragon performance: they trended everywhere after changing up the lyrics and hinting on movie references and even a dating invitation from Moonbyul to a popular korean actor lol. It’s still one of their most iconic performances to date

5. Hwasa and Loco: both did a collaboration for the show Hyena on the Keyboard and the response was a HUGE success on the charts

6. Hwasa’s popularity: after appearing on the show I Live Alone the whole country became thirsty for Hwasa. What seems more ironic is that she was always the most unpopular member of the group. Karma is really a bitch

7. MAMA performance: they made headlines left and right after this. Solified Hwasa’s throne and the group became even bigger internationally

8. Hwasa and Wheein solos slayed the charts on a year where the idol music reception was beyond cold

acadz and Angela_Cao like this.
  9. barnaby

barnaby Public Figure

Currency:
    They seem to enjoy black face makeup.

10. Ash_and_Thorns

Ash_and_Thorns Trendsetter

Currency:
    A Lazy Manager of Something
    Incorrect information . Either explain the incident fully or keep your silence .

crystal105, salem9 and Angela_Cao like this.
  11. Angela_Cao

Currency:
    You are seriously being ridiculous if you think of this about MAMAMOO. They have acknowledged and apologized for their mistake already and there have been no repeated incidents of this type ever since then. They're also not the only group or individuals that have committed these type of mistakes (and there have been other people (even outside of KPOP as a slightly-conservative moderate American myself) who have committed these type of mistakes for more malicious reasons). Don't ever assume one incident tells everything about the group overall.

acadz likes this.
  12. Pixels

Pixels Rookie

Currency:
    Am falling in love with them too lately ;_;; so ty for making the thread :D

V4ever and Angela_Cao like this.
  13. barnaby

barnaby Public Figure

Currency:
    [​IMG]

14. acadz

acadz Rookie

Currency:
    It's a troll and has been really salty ever since Mamamoo got the Melon bonsang.

dududu4 and Angela_Cao like this.
  15. acadz

acadz Rookie

Currency:
    Mamamoo on How To Play in the Car

Singing with Moomoos during You're The Best Music Bank Win Encore

Innocent Girl Group Medley

Their First Weekly Idol Episode

Also I don't know if this is still being updated but you can find almost all english subbed videos of Mamamoo here and more: Mamamoo Video Index

Angela_Cao likes this.
  16. Angela_Cao

Currency:
    Thank you, but (s)he probably is not the only one who has that opinion as well (I've seen other people everywhere who also assume this type of opinion as well and not holding just for MMM but other groups or people who have committed similar acts as well). It's grating to see people who assume that one incident (not limited to bl*ckface but similar) defines a whole person or group overall (like calling them out as r*cist, s*xist, etc.) without knowing the other side of the story or true intentions overall (the main problem I have with the left (especially the extreme left) in my country alongside pushing their values way too hard like everywhere and anytime and though not a huge fan of the president, pushing all their energy in shitting the president instead of focusing on actual issues of the country lol).

#16 Angela_Cao, Nov 17, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
    acadz likes this.
  17. acadz

acadz Rookie

Currency:
    Yeah I'm glad that you mentioned how the group already apologized (multiple times) and have been educated about the issue after the incident. I think he/she just want to incite something on Mamamoo fans so I commented about his/her probable intention.

Angela_Cao likes this.
  18. Angela_Cao

Currency:
    Google drive document as I promised:

;)

19. crystal105

crystal105 Super Rookie

Currency:
    Here's a short and sweet guide

They usually come back twice a year but they have solos and cfs in between. Future's looking bright since they've had a string of hits and our fandom grew massively from last year. They're breaking their own records this cb. Their contract ends on 2021, imo they're likely to resign since they have creative freedom and good relationship with their company. They're all-rounders and involved with composing and writing their songs. Their forte is live performances, both individually and as a group.

Immortal Songs (tbh I would say watch them all but I'll leave 3, the vocals are insane)

Concert solo stages:

watch this with eng subs, it's inspiring

They have a pretty diverse discography. If you need suggestions for b-sides, let me know what kind of songs you like.

20. Joined:
    Jan 17, 2019
    Currency:
    They have 1 or 2 good songs
    Hip is probably their best song ever
    They also hate big 3 ggs