tbh GOT7 are flopping, JYP should invest in other groups

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by mirella, Mar 10, 2018.

?

Are GOT7 selling well?

1. Yes, they're flopping.

2. No, their sales are good.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. mirella

mirella Married to @Silverfang719

Currency:
    rap enthusiast
    I get you but I'm talking about general popularity. They might not be super known to Korea but they're still selling well, and that's what matters. That's why they're not flops :)

Yes, this!! Misinformed bandwagon haters is the perfect phrase.

2. ayrn

ayrn Trainee

Currency:
    Tbh I was about to go off on you but I'm glad you're an intellectual IMG_1214.JPG

mirella likes this.
  3. deza7744

deza7744 Rookie

Currency:
    They are definitely not flopping, because their album sales keep increasing every comeback. Sure their YouTube views aren't hundreds of millions but who cares if the album sales increase, thats where the money is at. Touring as well, touring is where the main revenue is and they have a big international fanbase and they tour frequently with well sold concerts.
    I'm assuming the people that say GOT7 is "flopping" is because they are not selling millions or as much as EXO and BTS despite being from the big 3, OR that their titles don't chart that high on Melon and hence don't get as many music show wins, but really that doesn't matter that much. They are doing more than well, and I'm look (pun intended) forward to their upcoming comeback! :)

4. Blabluegree

Blabluegree Trendsetter

Currency:
    Warlord
    They aren't flopping.

Gyeomie_Bear, mirella and LYP like this.
  5. lighterxx

lighterxx Married to : @twentyonejongdae

Currency:
    they say that because Seventeen's company is smaller and their sales are focused on Asia rather than western so people actually see it getting sold.
    Got7 on the other hand far more popular in Western than Asia, and if people dont see it, they dont believe nor research enough to know.

other than that, commulative sales of Seventeen are higher, but I do agree they are around the same, and Got7 is not flopping.

6. elfinkyy

elfinkyy Rookie

Currency:
    I don't think GOT7 are flopping as they have a strong fanbase overseas and their sales for international tours are doing well (if I'm not mistaken . . .) - they may not be doing as well as some groups in Korea but that doesn't necessarily mean they're flopping.

Their album sales are also not the most important and only determinant of whether a group is going well as a group can do well in other areas - case and point in their own company where 2PM's Junho revealed that 2PM make the most money in JYP due to all their international tours (the article was written in 2017 so it's quite recent).

7. ighrysh_svt17

ighrysh_svt17 Newbie

Currency:
    That is right.. people call them flops.. I mean, people think that if groups isnt as popular as bts, exo or twice, they are flops.. not everyone could be as popular as those groups.. but svt and got7 are doing pretty well compared to many other groups.. they have decent album sales, they get wins, they have a big fandom, and their songs are charting too (though not as high or not for a very long time).. but calling them flops isnt right!

Gyeomie_Bear likes this.
  8. Znewie71

Znewie71 Idol

Currency:
    Yes, your absolutely right. But you know i like it when they say got7 is flopping or dub them flop7, cause that only means they are slaying.

Gyeomie_Bear and mirella like this.
  9. Znewie71

Znewie71 Idol

Currency:
    Agree on the yt views, look at ikon, their youtube views for love scenario is less than 50 million yet they slayed with that song. How long has it been thats its been number one. So your right, yt views mean nothing if your not buying the album or songs.

10. sunfei

sunfei Trainee

Currency:
    They only lacking on digital sales which is it might be considered as major point for any group's success.As JYP's stan I must admitted they now currently at "comfortable zone" . I had plenty pf Got7's song on my playlist.Their fanbase is just getting wider and stronger thats all I can say.

Gyeomie_Bear and nayeongirlgroup like this.
  11. STAT

STAT Newbie

Currency:
    People are making a case that Got7 flop because they are not getting any attention in Korea, I mean literally Koreans do not give a damn on the music that Got7 produced. This has got into my nerves back then, but I kind of got over it already. I mean, it is what it is, Got7 has been producing nothing but great music in their last 2 comebacks, the JJ project comeback was great too. They just for some reason cannot get the Koreans to take them seriously. Just like this comeback, the collab song with Hyolyn is straight up fire, and personally I think is one of the best release this year thus far, yet didn't generate much buzz in the Korea market. I have sort of given up on the hope that Got7 can magically rise to the occasion and become big time in Korea.

Gyeomie_Bear likes this.
  12. Peanuttt

Peanuttt Newbie

Currency:
    as a long-time general supporter of got7's music since 2015, i can say with certainty that got7 just lacks musical identity recently. They're switching between too many genres and it's pissing me off. Got7 have yet to make that massive "hit" that the top groups have. You guys will probably go "What about Just Right?" Just Right was good and got a lot of attention but it didn't actually make Got7 a whole lot more famous. Since 2017, Got7 is making music that is just not to the standard that i used to love from these guys. Their title tracks are pretty lacking, cringey and generic right now. No one pays attention to their side tracks except for dedicated fans. They're slowly being outshined by many rookie groups and now they cant even make it to 1st place candidates for their comebacks. It's really sad to see Got7 rotting away like this, when they've made such inspiring music for me and they have such bright personalities. I want to see more songs like Just Right which had a wonderful message, and not their shitty love songs they're making right now.

#32 Peanuttt, Mar 20, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
  13. fenomenabubz

fenomenabubz Newbie

Currency:
    got7 is top tier really. not many can achieve the album sales they had and their fanbase is huge too

Gyeomie_Bear likes this.
  14. Venomous

Venomous Idol

Currency:
    Artist
    "Supporter" ...Yeah, sure, riiiiight. They're growing as a group, getting older, maturing, and finally being allowed to make their own music. If they disappoint you that much, stop listening.
    Also, this is what "rotting away" looks like:
    [​IMG]

15. XOXOdmlu

XOXOdmlu Trainee

Currency:
    It’s honestly so disappointing that ppl even consider got7 flops when they have some of the best physical sales in the industry. Also, they are the kind of group that has consistently improved in sales with every comeback. Even their current comeback had pretty good digital sales. I would much rather be in a group that has improved sales year after year and has a constantly growing fanbase, then be super popular right off the bat and slowly declines because expectations are too high

Gyeomie_Bear likes this.
  16. Peanuttt

Peanuttt Newbie

Currency:
    then why can Got7 not even win in music shows anymore since Never Ever??? But I'm surprised that their album sales are very good even though i personally do not enjoy most of their sidetracks in their albums. Pls don't get me wrong. I am a GENERAL supporter of them. I got hooked to them in 2015 because their songs really pulled me in, but its just MY opinion that recently their songs aren't hitting that same standard of wow. I do agree that Got7 is definitely a top 5 boy group and there'll be less competition soon when Wanna One disbands. But it's worrying too now that JYP has debuted Stray Kids. I wonder how he'll make room for both Got7 and Stray Kids at the same time.

17. Peanuttt

Peanuttt Newbie

Currency:
    then why can Got7 not even win in music shows anymore since Never Ever??? But I'm surprised that their album sales are very good even though i personally do not enjoy most of their sidetracks in their albums. Pls don't get me wrong. I am a GENERAL supporter of them. I got hooked to them in 2015 because their title songs really pulled me in, but its just MY opinion that recently their songs aren't hitting that same standard of wow. I do agree that Got7 is definitely a top 5 boy group and there'll be less competition soon when Wanna One disbands. But it's worrying too now that JYP has debuted Stray Kids. I wonder how he'll make room for both Got7 and Stray Kids at the same time.

18. Venomous

Venomous Idol

Currency:
    Artist
    Question, why do music shows hold so much weight for you? They're meaningless. All they show is whose fans are willing to waste the most amount of time and money to see them win. Sales are what matter and they're killing it, and JYP has already made it clear that GOT7 will not be put on a back burner in favor of Stray Kids.

Gyeomie_Bear likes this.
  19. Heerayni

Heerayni Idol

Currency:
    VIP Eternal
    I have really grown to like GOT7 over time.. They are a likable bunch and their foundation is pretty solid.
    I would love to see them really bring down the house. And it might just happen one of these days.

#39 Heerayni, Mar 21, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  20. K_Pop_Captain

K_Pop_Captain Leader

Currency:
    If you add up their album sales it’s like 1,000,000. This means they are literally bringing in millions of pounds / dollars (not Won) into JYPE.

Speaking financially the vast majority of K Pop groups who have ever existed wished they flopped as hard as GOT7

Gyeomie_Bear and reveIuv like this.