Taeyeon has left SM?

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by BritishSone, Jan 17, 2019.

?

Has Taeyeon left SM?

1. Yes

11.8%
  2. No

54.9%
  3. Queen Taeyeon deserves better

56.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. BritishSone

BritishSone Elite

Currency:
    For the past few days rumours have been circulating around the fandom about whether Taeyeon has actually left SM and that is the reason why she isn't making appearances at SMTown Live and also why the rumoured 2nd full album that was supposed to be released in 2018 never happened....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Many believe that everything that happened in 2018 with the poor title track 'Something New' that wasn't promoted in Korea, a Japanese debut that also wasn't promoted and the delay in her rumoured 2nd full album are all a result of SM tactics of trying to force Taeyeon to resign her contract in the negotiations.

And whilst I don't know how true it is but I have heard in the past about Taeyeon & Yoona having different contract terms and lengths that were signed back in 2014.. Apparently in those 2014 renewals whilst the other members of SNSD signed on for an additional 3 years to 2017. Taeyeon & Yoona's ran for an extra 2 years, putting them both into 2019. We're now in 2019 and whilst it seems that Yoona has renewed her contract. Taeyeon has held out on doing. That is if it is true that they both signed 5 year contracts in 2014.

---------------------

What do you all reckon? Do you think that Taeyeon has now formally left SM and we could expect an announcement in the near future? Do you reckon that she'll renew her contract? Or do you think that these are all just rumours and Taeyeon is signed through for the next few years?

Imo whilst 2018 was a very shit year and SM could've and should've done better at promoting Taeyeon in Korea and Japan. I don't believe that a poorly promoted comeback and debut is a result of SM trying to use heavy handed tactics to make Taeyeon renew. SM are shit at promoting all of their artists well.....
    And yes the delay in the album that was RUMOURED for a 2018 release is annoying. But as a Sone I know how much of a perfectionist Taeyeon is and she'll be wanting this album to be even better than My Voice. So she won't have the album released till she is 100% happy with it.

And also if Taeyeon was going to leave SM. I very much doubt that Oh!GG would've been debuted if Taeyeon was only going to leave the company a few months later........

I do lowkey wish that Taeyeon would leave SM though. Because management have shown themselves to be pretty incompetent at times and it is frustrating as a fan watching Taeyeon getting frustrated with them. We've seen this over 2017, 2018 and most recently at her Singapore concert.
    But she is a smart woman and I know that she'll always make the decision that is the best for herself.

#1 BritishSone, Jan 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    newbabe, AMGOAT, ypmonce and 20 others like this.
  2. Bopper

Bopper Celebrity

Currency:
    Taeyeon’s been in the business long enough to know how it works. I don’t know if she’s signed a new contract or anything, but she’ll be thinking about what’s best for her moving forward.

Kura2654, newbabe, neel_raj and 13 others like this.
  3. jasque

jasque Married to : @BLACKPINK

Currency:
    Isn't she always complaining about them?

It's not impossible

clio22, 90s, Maluni and 6 others like this.
  4. Lupinmia

Lupinmia Trainee

Currency:
    She will flop, we don't care

5. polca

polca Super Rookie

Currency:
    taeyeon has been awfully quiet post 11:11. i dont feel using ohgg's debut is really anything to base off how taeyeon feels in her current career. the subunit couldve been easily used to cater to the sones thinking snsd was dead after 3 left sm and also to give hyoyeon, yuri, sunny some hope and promotion since they see alot less activities than the other 2.

if taeyeon is gone, snsd is gonna be even more divided and the hopes for 8 or 9 is even more blurry. but i guess we all shouldve saw that coming after the whole jessica thing since it was one of the biggest group departures in kpop besides jay park and jyj

6. nana18

nana18 Trainee

Currency:
    She had a Japanese debut o_O ???

7. Rand_Al_Thor

Currency:
    Loosing Taeyeon would be a big blow to SM. It is possible they are either crazy enough or divided on music direction to such an extent that they would let it happen, but as much as the BG are the money. BoA, Taeyeon , Yoona and to some extent RV are SM's public face.
    She has proven to be still crazy strong as soloist and able to connect with the gp, something BoA no longer does.

If it happens to be true there is no positive spin to put on this it makes me wonder if SM is truly moving away from music.

8. Walnutt

Walnutt Trendsetter

Currency:
    How would not promoting Something New and her Japanese debut be a tactic to get her to re sign her contract? o_O

9. lighttheway

lighttheway Rookie

Currency:
    Didn't they all re-sign for another 2-3 years like in 2017or 2018?

ThisGuy and ReVELuv_Rookie like this.
  10. Rand_Al_Thor

Currency:
    Some Sone believe the cluster F of the Mr Mr comeback was a similar tactic. And Holiday was so jacked up many think also because of the contract talks.

Love the Jiyoung pic btw :)

11. Golden_Wishes

Golden_Wishes Leader

Currency:
    Sarcastic Salad
    I hope this isn't true and that you're right.

12. Walnutt

Walnutt Trendsetter

Currency:
    But...why would hurting their sales get them to agree to comeback to SM? That would make me say fuck this and find another company.

ReVELuv_Rookie and Rand_Al_Thor like this.
  13. Bimiliya

Bimiliya Newbie

Currency:
    Ever since some random Twitter account posted those rumors, they've spread pretty far to other platforms and got people talking.

I'm not sure if she has left SM and I'm not sure if she will leave SM due to her being a huge moneymaker and I think she enjoys working with their production team. I think she is fed up with SM judging by that Q&A fortune cookie thing she did in December, one of the responses was a dig at SM and then hearing about her words from her recent concert in Singapore, it certainly makes people wonder what is going on behind the scenes but I hope she's okay. I think that post should be taken with a grain of salt for now because they could just be using the situation to their advantage to spin a narrative. Wasn't there a rumored schedule of SM's releases for 2019? I thought I seen Taeyeon's album slated for February.

14. Rand_Al_Thor

Currency:
    I totally agree, but that has been a subset of the fan mindset for 5 years now :)

It would be a horrible business practice. The kind of thing that could blow up stock prices by killing trust in competence.

sonemariam and Walnutt like this.
  15. sonemariam

sonemariam A-List

Currency:
    Idol
    OMG, much as I'm grateful to SM for giving us such talented and adorable artists and good music, SM is shit and I hope Taeyeon truly leaves.

But, I doubt it's true, I guess we just have to wait and see.

And if that 5 year contract renewal is true, it's the makes me think that maybe Jessica was offered the same and she said no and that led to whatever happened happening because Yoona, Taeyeon and Jessica are the most popular till now!!!

I hate speculations x

Rand_Al_Thor likes this.
  16. sonemariam

sonemariam A-List

Currency:
    Idol
    True.

Rand_Al_Thor likes this.
  17. sonemariam

sonemariam A-List

Currency:
    Idol
    What do you mean?

18. sonemariam

sonemariam A-List

Currency:
    Idol
    True, if it's true then what is SM thinking? What do they think they're doing?

ThisGuy and Rand_Al_Thor like this.
  19. Rand_Al_Thor

Currency:
    the quoted article says that Just Hyoyeon, Yuri , and Sunny resigned as the other 3 left since Yoona and Taeyeon were on longer deals.... Now why Taeyeon and Yoona would sign a longer deal is beyond me. If we have learned anything from sports it is that long deals only benefit the person when seeking huge numbers or to protect from injury. Injury should not be high on the kids worries for a life time career in Music.
    Part of me thought Jessica may have signed a shorter deal and that was part of the internal conflict.

ThisGuy and sonemariam like this.
  20. E.DEN

E.DEN Trendsetter

Currency:
    She should join MakeUs Ent. (Sunmi's company)

inverity likes this.