Strange Things About Stray Kids

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by chazzfirewmoji, Oct 29, 2019.

1. chazzfirewmoji

Currency:
    I've been a STAY for quite a while and I've noticed some strange things so here I go.
    1. Terrible line distributions
    Members like Felix, Minho and I.N. get almost no lines each time, with members like Han and Bang Chan getting a lot of lines. In the 9 comebacks with official music videos they've had (including Hellevator), I.N. is last 4/9 times, Felix 4/9 and Minho 1/9. And usually the difference between the people with the most lines and the people with the least lines is usually over 20 seconds. And this pattern is very consistent. In their newest comeback the people with the least amount of lines(Felix and I.N) also have the least amount of center time. i get that all line distributions won't be even, but its very consistent about who gets the most lines and who gets the least.

2. The amount of comebacks they've had.
    It's been around a year and 7 months since they debuted, but they have 8 comebacks with music videos, that's a comeback around every 2 months. And on top of they have had several "performance videos", which are basically cheaper less promoted music videos. JYP does this also with Twice so it might be more of a JYP thing but it's a lot of comebacks.

3. Woojin leaving ;-;
    Recently Woojin left Stray Kids, with no official message on JYP's account only a post on their website and a post from Chan. The timing is odd for a member to leave, a week after a comeback and they have an album being released soon. He was also completely removed from their official page. Woojins leave was also similar to Day6 member Junhyeok, who got in trouble for dating, but even then there was a scandal, with Woojin there is none. That's the only real rumor I know, but no matter what it is its fishy. Especially because its rare to see people leave JYP, Twice and Got7 still have all their original members. One of Stray Kids mottos was "Nine or None", which makes it even more painful (and strange) to see Woojins departure.

And I'm sure there's more I haven't thought of. I know a lot of kpop groups have more fishy things going on, and worse line distributions and no comebacks, but I feel like STAYs often ignore and defend these things.
    I just hope all the members are okay and happy, especially with the overworking. And I hope the best to Woojin.

2. kira_rofls

kira_rofls Newbie

Currency:
    namjoon stan
    woojins contracted was terminated for personal reasons ... i have irl friends telling me he quit over being bullied online but it makes no sense to me. i know it isnt my place to demand jyp for an answer, but i also just wna know why he left so suddenly

also the stray kids line distributions have always been horrible, i triple bias (sorry) chan, minho and jisung and so im very lucky that i get a lot of lines in songs, but also i have a friend whos a jeongin stan and hates it, so i see the flip side too

SKZ-Rin likes this.
  3. SKZ-Rin

SKZ-Rin Cleo Is A Hacker
    Events Team Graphics Team

Currency:
    Line distributions are a bit weird, I give you that. Miroh for example baffled me because Chan was like 50% of the song and Felix got the intro and thats it. Thats the one that stuck out to me I think.
    However we do not know what's going on behind the scenes. I don't think Chan is a person that would just distribute the lines like that himself. If you watch the survival show he gave everyone screen time etc but himself. Maybe they just decided for their current music style these members get most lines because it fits and they'll eventually change it up or smth. IN for example was a huge part and probably the focal point of Get Cool. Felix really sticks out in songs like Boxer or Victory Song etc.. Not saying it's fair but it's not like Stray Kids is the only group in which line distributions are a bit hm.

The comeback thing is them pushing themselves imo, not the company. They want to do that much stuff and you can feel it. I just hope they know their limits and slow down a bit when they have to.

For the Woojin thing I'm really torn. It's not a JYP move to kick a member out like this for nothing and we can't get anything from the other members besides Chan who's sending really mixed emotions imo. In his letter he seemed to be very distanced to Woojin, not stating his name once etc. I believe that is the company's doing though, not sure. Then there is his last Vlive which aired a week before Woojin's departure and he was really sad and constantly playing/recommending songs about losing someone/having lost a thing. During this vlive he also emphasized 2 more things heavily.
    1) Can't ever leave you guys, will never leave you.
    2) I'm showing emotions and my thoughts through the songs I recommend and show you guys.

He knew it was happening a week ago and he seemed sad, if Woojin messed up big time I think he'd be a bit more mad or.. idk. But he just seemed genuinely sad.

We just gotta wait this out and see if we get a statement or not x).

4. jisungstoes

jisungstoes Super Rookie

Currency:
    holding a knife
    stray kids does have hella comebacks. thats kinda why i started stanning tbh

5. Binnie_Bunny

Binnie_Bunny Super Rookie

Currency:
    Lino's cat sitter
    Minho and I.N. having small lines is expected honestly, Minho is main dancer and doesn't seems to enjoy singing much anyways (he's got a small range plus not much stability) and I.N. is there mainly because he's cute/charming he's a support singer (nothing wrong with it)

SKZ-Rin likes this.
  6. Binnie_Bunny

Binnie_Bunny Super Rookie

Currency:
    Lino's cat sitter
    Woojins departure was carried very oddly yes, and the amount of comebacks is because JYP wants to establish them as their nect gen main bg. It's not like the 'performance' videos are too high budget either so is just a chance to 'gift' the fans/solidify a fandom and put out more content to stay present

SKZ-Rin likes this.
  7. Anno616

Anno616 Newbie

Currency:
    With 9 members it is expected that not all members are gonna have many lines in all songs. Depending on song, some members have more lines, and some less. Line distribution is actually great. Many fans look at line distribution as all members should get equal lines or "my bias should get more lines", but it depends what suits the song best and live performance. When it comes to 3 members you've mentioned, it is expected. Felix wasn't fluent in Korean, so he had less lines esp in songs they perform live, with each comeback he gets more lines, as much as he is comfortable enough to perform on stage. If you listen to B sides, Felix actually has much more lines. With Minho and I.N., first it's important to highlight that most Stray Kids songs are rap based, lately heavy on instrumental, so vocals often come second, therefore less prominent lines for vocals. Minho and I.N. were less stable in the beginning, even JYP advised I.N. to have shorter lines, but are getting more lines as they progress and improve as well. The point of line distribution is not to force equal line distribution but the one that fits the song the best - studio and live version, and where each member can show his best side.

Is that a bad thing? It's amazing, they give us so much content. I am worried for them and want them to rest, but at the same time I love how hungry they are and how much effort they put in. So I'm not sure what's wrong with having many comebacks and content....

Yes, it is strange Woojing left so suddenly, but we shouldn't speculate on what happened. Woojin left for personal reasons and we can only support him and wish him all the best. In time maybe we will know more, maybe not, either way I just hope it's nothing bad.