Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

Stop hating on fan promotion.

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by JJBaker, Jun 19, 2017.

1. JJBaker

JJBaker Artist

"I AM FOR PROMOTION NOT AGAINST I LIKE IT I'LL RE READ WHAT I WROTE IN MORNING XD sorry for confusing people"
    I'm starting to get fed up with different fandoms hating when fans promote their group.
    If you dont like it straight up are you even a fan of your bias group?
    As every kpop group started of from fans promoting if you didn't promote your group no show or event would want them there because fan promotion shows that they will get sells or views.
    It may seem annoying but if you dont look for it you wont see it, unfollow people who like groups you dont like and dont look at the hashtags.
    Alot companys/competitions happen from fan promotion you can tell with companies making people do hashtags to get 100m retweets etc to get year supply of something because the more attention it gets the more attention the product etc apart from the band gets.
    So sorry if you dont like fan promotion but that's how the world works now and I just wanted to say my piece.
    [If there was no promotion you wouldn't of found your fav band tbh cause there would be no kcon]

Attached Files:

#1 JJBaker, Jun 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  2. bts_yehet

bts_yehet Artist

I think we're living in a time where people get overly and easily triggered and it worries me. People act like words on a computer screen is going to jump out of the computer screen and cut your throat or something. My point is, if you don't wanna see promo, you really don't have to care about it. Just ignore it. I mean comment about it if you want but I think you would be wasting your time because it's not going to change. Fans will do what fans do and many fans happen to promote their faves. Seriously no harm in ignoring, blocking, scrolling or even clicking the red x at the top right of your screen.

ezenk, Oh_Kill_Em, v_anya and 6 others like this.
  3. BaiPinTing

BaiPinTing Star

I feel like you are overestimating the power of fan promotions but having said that, I really don't care what fans do as long as they are civil about it.

YGDUNGEONVRP likes this.
  4. JJBaker

JJBaker Artist

Oh god im trying say i am for promotion not against :S should reread what i said properly

bts_yehet likes this.
  5. JJBaker

JJBaker Artist

Oh god im trying say i am for promotion not against :S should reread what i said properly opps

6. NaoBun

NaoBun Artist

Agreed. A lot of people think that promoting a group = "shoving it into other people's faces" and while yes, this does happen, it doesn't mean it's the same thing all the time.

ARMY/BTS was the first fandom/Kpop group I ever got into and lemme tell you, the moment I tried to excitedly proclaim my newfound love for them the moment I'd be met with, "Oh my gosh another ARMY trying to shove BTS into our faces. Calm down, good grief. No one cares."

;u;

v_anya and JJBaker like this.
  7. bts_yehet

bts_yehet Artist

I know xD and i agree
    My post was talking about those who are against promo lol I think you misinterpreted my post D:

JJBaker likes this.
  8. BaiPinTing

BaiPinTing Star

Did you even understand what I wrote? You really should take your own advice and read.

YGDUNGEONVRP likes this.
  9. centen

centen Artist

I don't care 99% of the time, but some fans take it too far. For example, someone will make a thread about how GroupA had a comeback, so won't you please listen to their song, and someone else has to pop in and be like "But what about GroupB? GroupB is soooooo much better and charts better and is prettier and also cured diabetes and saved the universe from an incoming meteor shower." Like, stay in your lane.

10. HausofFly

HausofFly Artist

OMG wow
    someone mentioning this
    thank you
    AGREE...
    AGREE...
    Yes I've realised that myself so...
    I AGREE

AGREE......

YAAAS!
    [​IMG]
    I'm floored by how accurate that comment is

OMG
    please excuse my excitement
    but I've said something similar in another thread
    and it was just a great feeling to see another person have the same opinion
    I swear...
    [​IMG]

JJBaker and bts_yehet like this.
  11. bts_yehet

bts_yehet Artist

Can I just say I love the format that you used to reply to me especially with the gifs xD It was so fun reading your reply, it made my day lol. I love this reply very much and thank you very much for agreeing with me, I'm glad we have the same view on this :D

JJBaker and HausofFly like this.
  12. HausofFly

HausofFly Artist

LOL no problem
    I was just reeeaaally happy you wrote your post that way
    and the only way I could show how I felt was by using gifs

JJBaker likes this.
  13. JJBaker

JJBaker Artist

I am so sorry it like 3am here haven't slept in while due to heat, I understood what you said just thought you might of thought i didnt agree with you :]

14. JJBaker

JJBaker Artist

Well jumping into another bands promotion isn't really promoting your own band friendly and that's why wars start, I think when bands collide with comebacks or doing work similar at the same time we should be able to promote separately because people will choose on there own what they like better without being told

15. Spinereader

Spinereader Artist

Openly talking about your group, and doing posts about them is fine. It's when you relate EVERYTHING to them, even things unrelated to kpop and (like someone said) promote in a way that brings other groups down, that I find it irritating.

16. kingjongdae

kingjongdae Artist

I personally think that it is fine WHERE ITS RELEVANT.. sometimes people bring it up even when its not the time nor place and sometimes it can get on my nerves.. I mean, I get that youre proud of it and everything but sometimes it is a bit embarrassing especially if youre in the wrong setting. I really don't see it TOO much outside the Internet but when I do people can seem really obnoxious.

17. Multifandom_hoe

^^^

18. Oh_Kill_Em

Oh_Kill_Em Legend

I don't really pay attention to promotion threads (for example) now that I think about it
    Even if it's my own biases
    Mostly because I have zero interest in major of fan promos, plus they're pretty easy to avoid and ignore
    No one is forcing me to glare at them or click on it
    You do have a point there, especially with bringing down one group to glorify another. That is a form of promotion and it's one that I don't approve of..