Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

Still not debt free...

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by lighterxx, Mar 17, 2018.

1. lighterxx

lighterxx Legend

By now, you would assume svt us killing already covered their debt but nah, rarely idols manage to pay their debt. MVs, comeback expenses, their home all cutted out in extreme amounts.

Only woozi is earning money, and its not from svt songs, its from one lonely IOI song...

2. pristineee

pristineee Artist

source?

fantasticlau likes this.
  3. jagerjack

jagerjack Artist

Man I hate this industry.

lighterxx likes this.
  4. steph_ch

steph_ch Artist

And the money they make they have to split it between all 13 of them. Hopefully Seungkwan gets some money from his Ost.

Mynty, fantasticlau and lighterxx like this.
  5. lighterxx

lighterxx Legend

Abema TV i forgot which episode, eoozi says only ioi makes him earn

But they have tons of credits they wpuld buy the company by now if they didnt had debts, and mv etc debt is common knowledge.

6. lighterxx

lighterxx Legend

Honestly, woozi said he credits them for every help because he is grateful. Im gonna trust him

7. martii_h

martii_h Super Rookie

Actually not very surprising.
    Especially with group with many members.
    But I hope they will be debt free soon.

Racshazza, fantasticlau and lighterxx like this.
  8. lighterxx

lighterxx Legend

Still hoped their credits on everything will zero it faster really. But they had a huge trainee period.

Leonidas_I likes this.
  9. Darkyoda47

Darkyoda47 Legend

That means the members prolly don't earn any money.. That's sad :(

lighterxx likes this.
  10. Leonidas_I

Leonidas_I Artist

That's really sad :( I know they're a large group but they've been very successful especially lately, so it's a surprise they're still in debt.

It makes me wonder how many other groups, who are less successful than Seventeen, are barely getting by and are still up to their necks in debt...

The industry is rough, and the amount of money spent on idols, even during their training period, is notoriously high.

randomstrang3r and lighterxx like this.
  11. lighterxx

lighterxx Legend

i think someone from madtown was explaining that really, how only most successful is out of debt

randomstrang3r and Leonidas_I like this.
  12. fantasticlau

fantasticlau Artist

Wow, that’s unexpected.
    I wonder if NU’EST members paid their debts after PD101.

lighterxx likes this.
  13. Lee06

Lee06 Artist

I think's it's more surprising for me to hear that Woozi is only earning an income from his production credits for an ioi song. It's shocking actually, considering the amount of credits he has under his belt for SVTs songs. I predict 2018 will be another great year for them so hopefully that amount will decrease considerably.

Just hearing this I can imagine the intense pressure that rookie groups must feel, trying to succeed and paying back a shit ton of money.

lighterxx likes this.
  14. lighterxx

lighterxx Legend

honestly it made me sad too to hear his wages come from ioi song only, i knew credit money was being cut since its their song and they need to cover expenses but hearing he only properly earns from ioi....

i doubt they already have debt from the comebacks they didnt sell, minhyun maybe dropped his a bit

15. iloovey94

iloovey94 Artist

i dont think they have paid their debt completely but i dont think they didnt earn much either. they have their cf deals (that goes mostly into their pockets) concerts and world tour, individual schedule etc.

their debt are mostly paid through their comeback incomes anyway (album sales, streaming etc)

lighterxx likes this.
  16. lighterxx

lighterxx Legend

unfortunatelly not, debt is, while most kpop fans dont know, added with every comeback. Debt gets added as there is MV cost, album cost, costume cost, staff cost. You can notice all svt CFs are full group ones. Is it because pledis loves seeing them together? nope it brings more money to them. CFs only bring good money if you do solo, duo CF, not with a big group.

17. kodoku

kodoku Star

I hope they can earn some money soon, they deserve so much

lighterxx likes this.
  18. Princess_Pure

Princess_Pure Artist

I knew it was pretty hard to pay off ur debt my bias group Gf took 2 full years despite releasing hits after hits,but in SVT's case I think a bit shocking bcz I thought guy groups can pay it easier bcz of physical sales. Maybe it's that they spent quite much?Idk

Honestly at this rate,I'm p sure SVT will manage it one day but idk how extremely low tier groups like CLC or April are still releasing stuff and coming back several times a year. They probably didn't make a penny yet. Sigh... :(

lighterxx likes this.
  19. lighterxx

lighterxx Legend

in svts case its extreme contract problems (they were not assumed to be big) and the fact everything is managed by company, since they are already pretty independent i think pledis is a bit scared and they try to cut everything they can

tho you are right frequent cbs without success.... it must hurt them alot financially, i hope both clc and april cover it soon!!

Princess_Pure likes this.
  20. fantasticlau

fantasticlau Artist

Yeah I agree but I think Minhyun probably paid his debt. They really earn a lot.

I hope the others (both NU’EST and SVT) can pay their debts too. (and leave Pledis when the time comes)

lighterxx likes this.