Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

Stabbed 60 times: Japanese pop idol Maya Tomita sues police for inaction over obsessed fan

Discussion in 'J-POP' started by drifter, Jul 11, 2019.

Tags:
  1. drifter

drifter Public Figure

Drifting
    Stabbed 60 times: Japanese pop idol Maya Tomita sues police for inaction over obsessed fan, as stalking cases rise in the country

• Tomita is seeking almost US$700,000 in damages over the 2016 attack, which she says had happened because police failed to take her reports seriously
    • The lawsuit comes as stalking incidents are on the rise in Japan, where the act is viewed as ‘not really a serious crime’, experts say
    [​IMG]

A former Japanese pop star who was stabbed 60 times by an obsessed fan
    has sued the Tokyo Metropolitan Police and her management for failing to protect her even after she reported the man’s death threats.

Mayu Tomita was 20 years old when she was attacked by 27-year-old Tomohiro Iwazaki as she walked towards a concert venue in a suburb of Tokyo, where she was due to perform as part of the Sold Girls Night in May 2016.

Tomita, now 23, filed her suit on Wednesday at the Tokyo district court, and told reporters she had been spurred to take action because of the conduct of officers before and after the attack.

“I would like police to realise that if they fail to respond adequately, it could result in something similar to what happened to me,” Tomita told the Asahinewspaper.

When I see a person holding a pen, even if it is a friend or my doctor, I become really nervous because I fear I may be stabbed.Mayu Tomita

-

perpetualpotato and haru_chann like this.
  2. haru_chann

haru_chann Trainee

police being incompetent, what's new :( the fact that that's something that can even be said is sad

3. Eziio

Eziio ♡ ʀɪɴ ♡
    Tech Team .

San and Chanyeol's husband ♡
    He only got 14 years in prison I-

Stalking needs to be taken more seriously

4. drifter

drifter Public Figure

Drifting
    off topic, can anyone advise if i can post this at article mainboard at AKP? thanks

5. katahtattat

i still feel the disgust reading about this now.