Speculation: PRISTIN disbanding in favor of new Pledis girl group.

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by poteto, May 24, 2019.

1. poteto

poteto Super Rookie

On May 24, Kpop fans were extremely surprised when Pledis Entertainment confirmed to the media that Pristin – the company’s latest girl group, officially disbanded after only 2 years. Along with that, 7 out of 10 members, who are Nayoung, Roa, Yuha, Eunwoo, Rena, Xiyeon, Kyla ended the contract and left the company. The 3 members remaining are Kyulkyung, Yehana and Sungyeon.

[​IMG]
    Pristin disbanded after 2 years of debut
    The fans have been suspicious about Pristin disbanding for quite a long time when the group had an extremely successful debut and even became the best rookie of 2017 with “Wee Woo” but their activities are continuously “frozen”. They are beautiful and talented but don’t have luck and a managing company that knows how to develop in the right direction.

Pristin’s disbandment made many get angry with the management of Pledis when they failed to see their potential and abandon the group’s activities for two years. Many netizens are suspicious that Pledis is planning for a new girl group including Lee Kaeun – After School’s youngest member- who made a great impression at Produce 48.

[​IMG]
    Is Pristin’s disbandment related to Kaeun and Yoonjin?
    In fact, after Produce 48 ended, Pledis actively “pushed” Kaeun and Yoonjin. Besides, netizens also think that the 3 members of Pristin who stayed with Pledis, Kyulkyung, Yehana and Sungyeon will debut once again, joining the new girl group with Kaeun and Yoonjin.

No matter what the future holds, at the present, Pledis is still disappointing with the fans when they work irresponsibly with the female groups they recruited and trained. From After School, Hello Venus to Pristin, there was no female group that the company invested and cared for.

Pledis’s future girl group still remain unknown but the fans are too disappointed with the way this company treats talented girls like After School …

Source: https://kbizoom.com/pristin-disbanded-because-of-pledis-will-debut-new-girlgroup

2. millsisannoyed

millsisannoyed Super Rookie

professional rosé stan
    i sure hope not. they would just be treated the same.

freysan, Kas2850 and poteto like this.
  3. Cherries_Bombed

Yeah pledis doesn't even deserve to have another girl group after the way they treated After School, Hello Venus, and Pristin. But with that being said I wouldn't be mad if they found something for Kaeun, Yoonjin and the remaining pristin girls to do. I would, however, be pissed if they repeated their past mistakes, which is probably exactly what they'd do.

4. Blueblankety

Blueblankety Rookie

I would give me left iris to know why they disbanded, this whole thing is suspicious af

Cherries_Bombed and poteto like this.
  5. Hopkinz

Hopkinz Trendsetter

That's where I'm at right now

poteto likes this.
  6. Arcwindz

Arcwindz Newbie

I'm more surprised that Kyulkyung stay, i guess Pledis wouldn't let her go considering her success in China and the fact that she is still bound by contract.

I don't know about Yehana and Seungyeon, but if anything they're main vocalists of the group (along with Eunwoo). If Pledis is really thinking of making a new GG out of this then that's pretty damn absurd.

ppiddakhage and poteto like this.
  7. SpookySory

SpookySory Trainee

if i was a trainee who's about to debut under pledis i'd literally leave asap

poteto likes this.