SORI (CocoSORI) ; "Initial S" MV (Comeback) ; Interview (English) ; 2020.09.11

Discussion in 'Comeback Threads' started by krell, Sep 12, 2020.

1. krell

krell Super Rookie

Currency:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCYrDLrfWCQ
    SORI (소리) ; 이니셜 ; 'Initial S' ; Official MV ; 2020.08.30
    (Language SUBTITLES = English , Japan ; Country Codes = ES , FR , ID , more)

(Scroll Down for ENGLISH Language Translation)

news.joins.com/article/23870302
    "2nd anniversary of my solo debut, I want to be active without regrets"
    SORI ; Part 1 of 3 ; 2020.09.11

news.joins.com/article/23870303
    "YouTube exceeded 230,000 subscribers, profit is not big"
    SORI ; Part 2 of 3 ; 2020.09.11

news.joins.com/article/23870304
    "Reality rather than dreams, earning pocket money while working in a cafe"
    SORI ; Part 3 of 3 ; 2020.09.11

*** Photos of 3 Article Parts ***
    pds.joins.com/news/component/htmlphoto_mmdata/202009/11/5077d0cc-e1aa-4955-813f.jpg
    pds.joins.com/news/component/htmlphoto_mmdata/202009/11/aa580fae-48d0-4cc6-8f64.jpg
    pds.joins.com/news/component/htmlphoto_mmdata/202009/11/48c82c93-c184-439f-80b7.jpg
    pds.joins.com/news/component/htmlphoto_mmdata/202009/11/86aac129-513f-45a4-9f11.jpg
    pds.joins.com/news/component/htmlphoto_mmdata/202009/11/10549e14-5e54-41af-960e.jpg
    pds.joins.com/news/component/htmlphoto_mmdata/202009/11/e40b4a2c-83c6-452e-a981.jpg
    pds.joins.com/news/component/htmlphoto_mmdata/202009/11/efbace4e-556a-480d-9468.jpg
    *** Photos of the 3 Article Parts ***

(So, I did this TRANSLATION to ENGLISH as best that I could , it seems accurate overall)

*** Begin Part 1 of 3 ***

[Interview] SORI ; "2nd anniversary of my solo debut, I want to be active without regrets"
    [Daily Sports] 2020.09.11

... (Introduction) ... SORI (Kim Sori, Age 31) made a comeback with a new song 'Initial S' on the 2nd anniversary of her solo debut. As an idol, she received public criticism ('Mix Nine' TV Show, more)
    at a somewhat 'advanced age' for aspiring K-pop Idols. But she accepted all the responses of support and criticism and poured out (her) everything with the thought of doing her best. The single 'Initial S' is a song that puts the 'Girl Crush' charm of SORI out front. SORI, who debuted in Year 2016 with 'CocoSori' (Duo Group), showed off various concepts such as 'Touch' (MV). Which became a hot topic with an unconventional full-body latex costume. And 'I'm Not Alone' (MV), which showed a soft charm. Now she has adopted a biker concept this time ... SORI said --> "I think this comeback itself is a miracle. I am grateful for being able to release the album now after two years of creation work. Even though there were many moments when I might have given up my dreams."

... (Q: How is the Fan reaction to the current transformation to 'Initial S' song?) ...
    SORI replied --> "I was with the (song) producer that I had when I debuted in 'CocoSori' Group. They are well-known people, but they joined me out of their loyalty (to me). Dancers and choreographers did the same. This may be the last time (for such support). I want to be active without regrets."

... (Q: The End of your activity almost came early, on the 2nd anniversary of the debut?) ...
    SORI replied --> "Honestly, after the second song 'I'm Not Alone', it seemed like I couldn't make a comeback anymore. But, as it is said, every opportunity is fortunate. Fans' social funding helped 'Initial S' (song). I had a job as a singer, but I thought that it would be impossible now because it is realistically negative to live by dancing and singing. While preparing for the song, I seriously thought about my dreams and hoped that it would go well at least once."

... (Q: Is there a standard of doing well?) ...
    SORI replied --> "I am grateful for being able to work as a singer so far. However, in reality, there are many things that are difficult and seem only dreams. But in the current situation, I hope. Most of all, as a singer, I wish I could go on many stages and perform a lot of songs many places. I need a place to show me. I was told to try 'Miss Trot 2' (TV Show), but I don't know if I can be good at all. Competition seems to be tough anyway. I recently filmed the web drama 'Ban Yein', and it was attractive that I could show my various features through various characters. I plan to finish this activity well and go to the audition (Miss Trot 2 ?)."

... (Q: Do you have a role you want to play?) ...
    SORI replied --> "I have attraction with the Girl Crush style. I like Charlize Theron. I want to do a short cut (hair) once. I think the fresh atmosphere of youthful romance will be fun." ...
    Reporter Hwang Ji-young ... hwang.jeeyoung@jtbc.co.kr

*** End Part 1 of 3 ***

*** Begin Part 2 of 3 ***

[Interview] SORI, "YouTube exceeded 230,000 subscribers, profit is not big"

... (Q: 'Initial S' song seems to have provided the romance of Girl Crush to some extent?) ...
    SORI replied --> "I wanted to show it properly because I wore the Lee Wang Rider character. I hope that the viewers can feel the sexy yet intense Girl Crush (style) ... I even got (motorcycle operation) two small licenses for the music videos (creation). At first I was scared. It was heavy and high to ride, so I couldn't even touch my feet. I was scared, but it was fun to do. It felt easy as I learned. Getting a license wasn't very difficult. In reality, driving on the road is very difficult."

... (Q: Is there any reason to try acting (roles) directly?) ...
    SORI replied --> "I thought that I wanted to show it properly rather than (somehow) cheating ... I took my time and worked hard because I was making my work ... There is a scene inspired by the 1991 movie 'Harley Davidson and Marlborough' ... I learned of it because of my CEO. The scene of a woman hitchhiking was reversed for the male actor in the music video ... Harley Davidson (motorcycle), this is so expensive and I was scared to ride ... There are a lot of behind-the-scenes (Videos) on YouTube. I have 230,000 subscribers, and I'm curious about the revenue (income). It's less than many people think. The number of views should come out well, but I don't know if that's the case. I didn't have the heart to say, 'I'm just grateful that the YouTube channel went well' unintentionally. However, I don't intend to change the (YT) Channel so much. It was created as a space to communicate with Fans. So, (YT content) it was created in a variety of ways such as eating rooms, beauty, and daily life. I plan to keep showing it."

... (Q: It seems usage of YouTube increased, due to decreased activity from impact of COVID-19 Virus?) ...
    SORI replied --> "That's a definite trend. With the prolonged CoronaVirus outbreak, it has also become difficult to schedule music broadcasts (TV Shows). Dance singers like me are disappointed to be limited to initiating their comeback only when they appear on music broadcasts (TV Shows). But one should try to knock on the door (attract Fan attention) while working hard through YouTube or other Channels (Fan communication strategies), and I do try it." ...

*** End Part 2 of 3 ***

*** Begin Part 3 of 3 ***

[Interview] SORI, "Reality rather than dreams, earning pocket money with cafe job"

... (Q: I heard that you are doing a part-time job at a cafe?) ...
    SORI replied --> "With COVID-19 Virus, and Social Distancing 2.5 rules implemented, you can't get to work in the evening. I only work for a short time in the morning. I came here (Seoul City) after only following a dream. But now, I have started working part-time (cafe), because I wanted to earn money realistically. I think it's been about 4 months duration now. I don't go out every day, so I can moderate my activities."

... (Q: Do coworkers at your music company, know it about your cafe job?) ...
    SORI replied --> At first I kept it secret. When I wasn't active, I felt helpless because I was only at home. Related to my normal (music centered) life, I felt like I had lost my passion. So, I started working part-time with the feeling that I should do something. It was a secret start with my heart. Now the (music) company knows it. It was released while preparing the web drama 'Ban Yein' ... The story of 'Ban Yein' is similar to my life. It is a celebrity character (setting) who works part-time at a cafe. And I made a web drama by relating to my story. It is not 100% the same, but it is somewhat similar. I also dreamed of acting. I came to think about it and thought about the future realistically."

... (Q: Wasn't there anybody who recognized you as a K-pop Idol while working part-time?) ...
    SORI replied --> There are a lot of women coming to the cafe, so they check it out occasionally. It seems that my appearance on MNET 'SumBody 2' (TV) was noticed. Also, (senior) SWINGS (Rapper / Producer) came. I was sorry for not being able to recognize him first. SWINGS first noticed ME, okay? ... I would like to collaborate if I get a chance ... The goal of all this activity is to be confident. When I was doing 'Touch' song activities before, I noticed a lot of controversy in costumes. When I watch the past video, I really regret it. I don't want to do that for this 'Initial S' song. My goal is to show what I prepared as best as possible, and I hope to recall it that way someday ... Even after I wore it (my costume), it became a hot topic along with Hwasa and Hyorin costumes ... A closing word to the Fans who support me. (Not S.K) Overseas Fans really support me a lot. You must have a hard time liking someone called "SORI" , who is NOT an Artist that everyone knows. And I regret to be unable to express my full gratitude."

*** End Part 3 of 3 ***

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqB6RXZHfFQ
    SORI (소리) ; 이니셜 ; 'Initial S' ; Dance MV (Moving Ver.) ; 2020.09.17

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sMAta920fo
    SORI (소리) ; 이니셜 ; 'Initial S' ; Dance MV ; 2020.09.02

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaiq4ndQDmU

SORI (소리) ; 이니셜 ; 'Initial S' ; *Making* EP1 ; 2020.09.07
    (Language SUBTITLES = English , Japan , Spanish)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP8cJ1cDmNQ
    SORI (소리) ; 이니셜 ; 'Initial S' ; *Making* EP2 ; 2020.09.14

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sori_(singer)
    SORI ; Information
    namu.wiki/w/소리(가수)

#1 krell, Sep 12, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
    alexS and Hopkinz like this.
  2. krell

krell Super Rookie

Currency:
    (Reserved for Feedback Replies , Additional Observations , Added Information)

#2 krell, Sep 12, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
  3. krell

krell Super Rookie

Currency:
    This THREAD Topic is about SORI , her Interview , and her comeback song "Initial S" ...
    And NOT about IF one can type "WTF" , "OMG" , "IKR" , "???" (etc) ...
    So , ASKING that REPLIES here are 'On Topic' , those are welcome.

4. wsoet

wsoet Trainee

Currency:
    I quite like the song, which I'm assuming is named after Initial D. It has this synthwave feel that reminds me a bit of The Weeknd's "Blinding Lights."

Hopkinz and krell like this.
  5. krell

krell Super Rookie

Currency:
    Yes , the Song and 'Production Values' of SORI's "Initial S" MV seem rather good overall ...
    This particular MV release , for SORI , is one to 'hang your hat on it' so to speak ...
    I read the SORI Interview , viewed the MV , and decided to create this THREAD here ...
    But , NOT sure SORI will do MVs much more , *very* competitive situation , K-pop now.

www.allkpop.com/forum/threads/jenyer-bad-mv-comeback-2020-08-24
    JENYER (JI-YOON , 4Minute) had a good MV comeback too

alexS likes this.
  6. alexS

alexS Once Cult Co-Leader

Currency:
    Grandpa Aru
    it's her last one, can't remember where I read that one, either AKP or somewhere else.
    But I'll be honest, after what happened with Coco and the split, I don't really support Sori anymore.

krell likes this.
  7. Hopkinz

Hopkinz Veteran

Currency:
    Promoting all the groups
    You don't support Sori? Coco was the problematic one though...

krell and alexS like this.
  8. krell

krell Super Rookie

Currency:
    Friction on Group 'break ups' is not uncommon ... Look at the recent AOA Group situation ...
    And AOA Group was *successful* far more that CocoSori Group ...
    But feel as you choose , NOT saying here how YOU should view it all ... :)

4Minute Group did not exactly end completely in a friendly manner ...
    But JENYER realizes that it was just BUSINESS in the end ...
    And CUBE Agency wanted HYUNA , but the rest (JENYER , etc) were expendable.

alexS likes this.
  9. alexS

Currency:
    Grandpa Aru
    I disagree with that. After Mi amor, the agency told them both they don't have money to give them solo comeback videos, but they had the songs already purchased. This is Coco's story and I chose to believe her:

So both Coco and Sori did crowdfunding and got their funds.
    But the company dumped more money that they said they don't have into Sori's M/V

This is how Sori's M/V looks like:

This is Coco's:

It's clear who got more money in their M/V

krell likes this.
  10. Hopkinz

Hopkinz Veteran

Currency:
    Promoting all the groups
    But Sori was the more popular member so it's no surprise that the label would want to invest more in her. She successfully passed her audition for the project group RGP and the kdrama idolm@ster and made the final lineup for the girls team on Mix Nine. Meanwhile Coco made her solo debut and first comeback before Sori even debuted solo. Coco got to collab with famous songwriters and directors (Shindong of Super Junior filmed her solo debut). Also, Coco was extremely unprofessional badmouthing her groupmate who was nothing but considerate towards her. And yeah, their label it broke that's why EVERY SORI COMEBACK SINCE DEBUT HAS BEEN CROWDFUNDED.

Also yes, the label had songs picked out. Sori chose the song her label gave her while Coco wanted to do something that was more her style. If you're going to choose that, you can't complain about the other person who is cooperating with the company getting special treatment. Coco has a very problematic record that has been going on even longer than Cocosori, it's why all of her closest friends have completely abandoned her.

11. alexS

Currency:
    Grandpa Aru
    I don't know, call it gut feeling if you want. But I trust Coco more than Sori. And the fact that trial was buried says a lot.
    Anyways...

krell likes this.
  12. Hopkinz

Hopkinz Veteran

Currency:
    Promoting all the groups
    I wanted to believe Coco. I've been following her since Blady, but after I did some research I found out that she is really messy.

13. alexS

Currency:
    Grandpa Aru
    heh, did the same research and found out the opposite :p
    I guess the water is indeed murky

krell likes this.
  14. Hopkinz

Hopkinz Veteran

Currency:
    Promoting all the groups
    But, you just said it was your gut feeling and that's why lead you to your conclusion. Is Mole a shitty company who probably did some shady stuff bts, I think we can all agree with that. However, Coco is definitely not 100% innocent and badmouthing her only groupmate was extremely unprofessional. Even if Sori is a total bitch behind the scenes (which I doubt), at least she had the decency to keep their personal feelings towards each other out of the public eye. Plus, Sori works so hard. After humiliating herself on Mix Nine, she was able to make it. She's close with all of her RGP groupmates, Mix Nine contestants, and she loves her fans so much. Even going as far as learning their language so she can communicate with them. Meanwhile Coco ripped off her fans on Patreon because she didn't keep the promises she made to her fans. She also claims to be a starving struggling artist but she's like...SUPER RICH driving around in a porsche. So there is lots of deception with her and the fact that she's also besties with someone messy like Edward Avilla and people like Tina and Ashley Choi have dropped her, is kinda the proof that I need.

15. alexS

Currency:
    Grandpa Aru
    let's agree to disagree then? You won't change my mind on this :)

Hopkinz likes this.
  16. Hopkinz

Hopkinz Veteran

Currency:
    Promoting all the groups
    I guess...
    I don't see why you're so hard-set on defending Coco with her horrible record meanwhile Sori is a sweetheart thou:rolleyes:

alexS likes this.
  17. krell

krell Super Rookie

Currency:
    @Hopkinz ; @alexS <--

Maybe the PORSCHE is a rental ??? Maybe Coco is nicer than one might guess ???
    Maybe *both* of you are correct in your observations in many ways ...
    (Trolling) ... Maybe SORI deliberately spills coffee on others accidentally ??? ... ;)

Hopkinz and alexS like this.
  18. wsoet

wsoet Trainee

Currency:
    Sori performed Initial S on The Show:

I wasn't expecting the song to be promoted on any music shows, so this was a surprise, especially since it was released over a month ago.

krell likes this.
  19. krell

krell Super Rookie

Currency:
    (For amusement) ... MAYBE if that PAPA YANG (YGe Agency) finally gets POLICE ARRESTED ...
    Due to HAN SEO HEE 'carving him up' with her S.K COURT TESTIMONY ...
    Then SORI will perform it 'One Last Time' , dedicated to PAPA YANG ...

(*Fake News*) SORI quote -->
    "This song goes out to YOU , PAPA YANG ... And GOOD LUCK in the SLAMMER (JAIL)." ... :p

SORI would *never* say to PAPA YANG --> "DON'T DROP THE SOAP" ... :D

www.allkpop.com/forum/threads/ikon-b-i-han-seo-hee-yge-yang-hyun-suk-k-2020-10-06

PAPA YANG was *not* very kind to SORI on his MIX NINE TV Show ... ;)

www.instagram.com/p/CF_yvnglhtY/
    SORI ; 3 Photos (Instagram) from The Show (TV) ; 2020.10.06

https://www.allkpop.com/forum/threa...s-mv-comeback-2020-09-11.476699/#post-8767921
    Click above URL to go to likely LAST Live Performance by SORI on K-TV Weekly Awards Show.

#19 krell, Oct 6, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2020