Sonic gets a real live movie

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by JiminieKookie, Nov 12, 2019.

1. JiminieKookie

JiminieKookie Professional ATEEZ and A.C.E stan

Currency:
    Park Junhee-stan| Stan A.C.E stan talent!
    Sorry Julien Bam is a great Youtuber, but his voice dosn't really suits this dubed movie

2. StCatMouse

StCatMouse Rookie

Currency:
    Procrastinator
    The re-design's better. Now they just have to deliver a film with a good story that fans and casual filmgoers would like. Not a tall order at all :)

3. begginforthread

begginforthread Celebrity

Currency:
    Cunt
  4. StCatMouse

StCatMouse Rookie

Currency:
    Procrastinator
    They're reserving that for the sequel. The dead, thousand-yard stare would be a hit with the kids I bet.

5. ChoIzanami

ChoIzanami Newbie

Currency:
    Student
    The new design is better, I agree, but it's still not as good as it could be. When I see the artwork made by fans and then what was made by the "professionals".... hmmmm....

And I agree, Julien Bam is just the wrong choice. Nothing wrong with him, but his voice just sounds too mild and childlish for Sonic. My sister really likes him, so I have to be careful of what I say xD
    But why replace Marc Stachel anyways? He did a good job up until know through most of the games and Sonic X. They could've just kept the cast, if you ask me.
    I'm a bit worried about the plot, too. I am, as you may have noticed, a long time Sonic fan and a really bad movie, although bad video game movies have some sort of "tradition" right now (Dead or Alive anyone?), I think a really bad movie could be the last nail in this franchises coffin. We would need another Sonic Mania to make up for that xD
    And I guess I'm the only one not sold on the Jim Carry-Eggman up to now.... Don't get me wrong, he's an amazing actor, I loved Liar Liar, and I think he will portrait Eggmans quirks really well, but I think the physics of the role might get a bit lost with someone as good-looking as him. Of course everyone always looks better in films than in their original media, but still. I think some features are just so defining of Eggmans character that it's hard for me to image him without them.