Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

°Song review no.3 (VIXX)°

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by RainbowMonster, Mar 22, 2018.

1. RainbowMonster

Professional Mobebe
    Another song i listened to for the very first time and i'm glad i did ( Jesus i'm gonna like every single song you guys send in :rolleyes: )

The song i'm analysing is
    VIXX - Eternity

I have heard of vixx before and i know a couple of good songs so i wasn't sceptical at all when i went into listening to the song and it did not disappoint .
    1) Singing - The first time i listened to the song it felt as if the voices weren't really fit for the song, just felt like it was a better fit for some other group. BBBBUUUTTTT after a couple of listens it really really started to fit nicely, each of the voices into each role. I did find the start a bit slow but just like the "fitting in" as i listened more it felt really evened out especially with how good the ending is, right after the rap part i god damn love the last chorus of the song. They all gave a solid singing performance and that made the song that much better.
    2) Rapping - There isn't much of it but the part between the as i call it "chorus screaming" where (um let me check his name :D) Ravi (oh wait i already know this dude, cool) raps is really really good as is his rapping right before the last chorus it really really gives a nice build up to the best part of the song so it was very well integrated.
    3) Dance - I really really liked the whole clock, rewind time and time manipulation style the dance had it's something i find extremely cool and i was literally thinking about the same thing from another song (B.A.P - Hurricane). Just the start of the dance is really satisfying to me i love it. The chorus dance is the only "just ok" part all other dancing part are very very good. Top notch stuff right here i highly recommend watching the dance if anything else.
    4) Melody - As is obviously the point of the song the melody gives a off a really time bending vibe like everything is slowing down around you, as is the dance and the singing in the song. At the start just like with the rest it felt really weird but somehow they pulled off the sound they wanted for the time theme. The transition from fast beat into slow beat into, again, fast beat is pretty sick and the inclusion of that stringing sound (kinda sounds like a really faint guitar sound in the background) really adds to the whole atmosphere of the song.

Rating: 8.8/10
    I'll do another review, tomorrow , of f(x) - red light ( for the ones interested). I really enjoyed this song i think probably the most out of all of the songs i've heard from them. Actually no i love chained up too much :p

#1 RainbowMonster, Mar 22, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  2. Icy68446

Icy68446 Star

♡ A Softie ♡
    This is detailed and very nice^^ You listened and watched multiple times :D
    Thank you for this : ) It's very nice of you :p

RainbowMonster likes this.
  3. Vikki

Vikki Star

Thanks for the review, this is my favorite Vixx title track and I'm glad you liked it. :) I think that the chorus isn't that great, but I love the verses, Ravi's rap part +Keo's high note is awesome, and the dancing is amazing, as I expect from Vixx. :yesr:

4. RainbowMonster

Professional Mobebe
    No problem whatsoever, i'm going to do the request you sent in after Red Light just a heads up :giftr:

Vikki likes this.
  5. Vikki

Vikki Star

Yep, it's great that Red Light also happens to be my latest obsession too :p

6. freakyfantasy

freakyfantasy Artist

#VIXXisLOVE # VIXXisLIFE

Eternity is such an underrated song, I'm glad you liked it!

Megavixx and RainbowMonster like this.