Someone help my paranoya is getting the best of me

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Iewwa, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Iewwa

Iewwa Super Rookie

Currency:
    student, artist, dancer
    Sothis morning i completely on accident stumbled upon an article about james, now formerly of Royal Pirates, and his story is horrific but the worst part for me is that all day im way too paranoyed now

here's his story but read at your own risk cause it got to me:
    he basically had a severe accident and it led to his life in short be completely from the roots be finished and ruined

http://www.koreaboo.com/news/royal-pirates-james-shows-photo-arm-horrific-accident/
    https://www.allkpop.com/article/201...covery-failure-and-worsened-health-conditions

and now im paranoyed for things like floor colapsing in my school or the ceiling falling or standing in the doorway cause god knows what can happen, or that the window im standing next will suddenly be somehow damaged and fall or shatter, i hold to handles when walking up or down the stairs like my life depends on it and alike
    like most of the stuff i realise is completelly unreasonable and tbh quite impossible

but it still got to me and its not getting better at all
    like how do people recover after hearing stories like that

2. crowboy

crowboy Leader

Currency:
    honestly, james' accident was super unfortunate both in that it's uncommon for infrastructure (in most countries) to collapse or work so improperly as to cause injury, and then it's even more uncommon for an injury to end up as poorly as james' did. most of the time surgery will fix an injury up well and good; necrosis due to failed surgery or severe damage is seriously, seriously uncommon.

i'm so sad for him, really, considering his hands were essentially his life. if he was a vocalist it would've been awful still but at least he might've continued, a bassist though... i found what he wrote to be super heartbreaking, and then there's also that he left royal pirates but the members are all so close. i'm so angry for him.

this quote from his agency gutted me, tbh

Iewwa and propanda like this.
  3. propanda

propanda Very Important Panda

Currency:
    I don't actually know much of Royal Pirates and that such thing happened for him. That's of course horrific thing to happen.

In terms of paranoia, well effed up things happens all the time, but it's extremely rare and life goes on. You can't live your life being afraid of any crazy stuff that might happen, anyone can't. People will just go on their daily life thinking that that stuff will never happen to them- and this is the only way people can keep their sanity really.

oxymorac and Iewwa like this.
  4. xSeulgi

xSeulgi Super Rookie

Currency:
    I consider his accident one of the worst things that could've happened and that's why it's not affecting me, I'd say I have a higher chance of crashing in a plane than getting in such a horrible accident.

Draft saved Draft deleted