Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

Some Shawols are angry with SM

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by lizvip, Feb 14, 2018.

?

DO YOU AGREE WITH FANS?

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    23.1%
  2. No

30 vote(s)
    76.9%
  1. lizvip

lizvip Star

Like you can read above SM did not produced any silicon bracelet for jonghyun, and some shawols are not happy and considering that SM is slowly removing him from SHINee.

In my point of view, I just think in some point SM cant keep using Jonghyun name for marketing SHINee, with out the permision of his family, and may be they also think people will be getting the wrong view and start saying they are using him to get profit.

So I do understand the desicion on not to make them. Next weekend will be SHINee dome tour and will be an emotional event, SM decided not to produce individual goods for the event either.

I think a lot of fans are very sensitive about the topic right now, and I understand them but they also have to understand that there may be a lot more legal issues behimd their decisions.

What do you think?

#1 lizvip, Feb 14, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  2. RoAnon9935

RoAnon9935 Married to @Vipmultifandom10

Considering fans are strong on the opinion Shinee will always be a group even though-yeah-I do think SM did a poor move. I know they won't be able to put out any new merch for him, but this wouldn't hurt. Probably make fans happier in a sort of comfort he won't be forgotten.Not saying he will I am just saying.

xoxoshawol, Lulu_Key and kddicted like this.
  3. shakennotstirred

Well to be fair, if they produced Jonghyun's bracelet they would get criticized more for trying to make bank over a dead person.

4. Belgian_ELF

Belgian_ELF Never forget ♡

professional Taeyong worshipper
    ^
    This here

ezenk, Onewbunny, Zaera and 7 others like this.
  5. lizvip

lizvip Star

I get that. You are right. But wondering what legal imput couod be in his contract that can avoide SM from doing so. I think they may want to , but just could not. Or have to wait to have a talk with his family

6. kddicted

kddicted Married to @Icy68446

♡Taeng stan♡
    To be honest, I think SM would get criticized either way

ezenk, Onewbunny, McYap and 4 others like this.
  7. RoAnon9935

True but it's just a silicone wrist thing. But you know what SM SHOULD have done was asked opinion from Shinee fans what they wanted. I don't think that would be to hard.

8. RoAnon9935

This is a good point but if it is an old design then it would still belong to SM. Because anything before that he did belongs to SM, anything new would have to be cleared with family I think. Since things he has already done are copyrighted under SMs name.

Though it would be best just to ask the family their opinions all in all

9. kddicted

♡Taeng stan♡
    Exactly, even if SM would get criticised for doing that too, it wouldn't be so difficult to give the fans what they want

gdhimu and RoAnon9935 like this.
  10. lizvip

lizvip Star

The desing would belong to SM, not his name (brand), wish is why they have to take in consideration the legal issue. And are new bracelets.

"SHINee jonghyun"probably does not belong to SM.

And yes should ask his family, may eb hey think is to soon and want to wait, we dont know how his family is doing

11. lizvip

lizvip Star

It would be difficult, if there a legal issue. Specially if the contract is considered non existant now, his name cant be used. They could considere it "false msrketing" .
    Is not always want fans want, but whst they can do legally speaking.

Onewbunny, ITZAYANAMX and kddicted like this.
  12. Abeamus

Abeamus Married to @Couponski

Buddy Gang
    There isn't a good way to go about this though, they exclude him and it can come across as just forgetting about him meanwhile including him is promoting a member who isn't there. Even asking fans to make the decision it still is gonna garner criticism for SM going through with it, SM can't win with this.

13. kddicted

♡Taeng stan♡
    That is true as well, which is why either way I think there's problems on both sides, doing it and not doing it

Onewbunny likes this.
  14. JOSEPHBRY

JOSEPHBRY Trainee

I get both points of view. Shawols are saying SHINee is forever 5, and that right jonghyng will forever be a SHINee member like Onew said. And I guest fans want to keep him in everything related to the group.
    But only his family can make the decision. And because we dont know what his family decided we cant just jumjump in to SM as the "evil one" when we dont have any idea whats going on

#14 JOSEPHBRY, Feb 14, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
    Onewbunny likes this.
  15. Lulu_Key

Lulu_Key Worldwide star

Astronaut
    They can continue to produce his merch and donate the profit to his foundation. I dont see why are people taking SM side in this.

16. ITZAYANAMX

ITZAYANAMX Newbie

That depends. To do that they should have a contract with his family that inherit his brand. Till that happen SM cantt do that. They cant take control of his brand and do whatever they want to.
    You are a huge shawol and i get you. But there is more in this issue and not what we would like as fans.

17. ITZAYANAMX

ITZAYANAMX Newbie

I knew this was comming.
    As a shawol my selft I know Taemin, Onew, Key, Minho and shawols will never forget Jonghyun.
    And SM did a wonderful job with all related with his passing.
    Some people move on faster other take a lot more time, thats normal. So cant say sm did it to fast. The same member of SHINee are asking to be treated the same, and they want to continue with the group, and as their agency SM have to promote them.

SM probably does not have the right for his name anymore.

This is just a bracelet thing, and make me wonder how people will react when they have their next comeback as 4.... will they ask for the same?

SM wil get critics no matter what.

For me whatever they include him or not Jonghyun for ever is SHINee.

Onewbunny likes this.
  18. iciviuja

iciviuja Trainee

i actually thought of the same thing. but i'm pretty sure they'll get criticized even for asking. but if they do the bracelets, aside from needed permissions from JH's family, i think the profit will be a problem too. whether they take it or donate it or even give it to the family it'll still cause problems later on.

Onewbunny likes this.
  19. lizvip

lizvip Star

This is not SM desicion because they dont own jonghyun name anymore. And what you are proposing only can happen with the permission of his family basically with a contract.
    Is not like it happened with the album because the album was produced all while he was under SM, and SM owned the rights of it.
    If his family decided that SM should not promote his name anymore, then they cant.
    We dont know of the family want to wait and not make any decision now. However the rest of SHINee already make their decision about the group and them selves (with he support of Jonghyun family), and SM can promote them individually ( like already did with Taemin and reebook).

Onewbunny, ITZAYANAMX and RoAnon9935 like this.
  20. LAYNICORNINFIRES

LAYNICORNINFIRES Akp’s Meme Queen™

uwuing into oblivion
    Sm would be criticized either way - all of you know that fully well

Onewbunny and lizvip like this.