Some of Gfriend's fans are mad at Source Music

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by greengirl103, Oct 25, 2017.

1. greengirl103

greengirl103 Rookie

Currency:
    The money that the girls earned haven't gone much to the production for gfriends music or music videos, the outfits are starting to look cheap ( they sometimes reuse certain outfits which is kinda not a problem), and don't have enough promotion for the girls as they used to before(but idk about this one, I still see them on variety shows but less on magazines and cfs). It's been 2 years since Gfriend has debuted and they are already focusing on trainees and spending money on them which should go to Gfriend.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    A staff member that is pretty well known to Buddies started blocking some of them on her Instagram. ( Maybe Source Music blocked some fans as well but Idk)

#1 greengirl103, Oct 25, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
    Buddy25, tzuyonce, rhwana and 4 others like this.
  2. keyboardwarrior7

Currency:
    Well, sounds like a company to me. That's what they do, but I'd be pissed too.

tzuyonce and greengirl103 like this.
  3. Juanlag

Juanlag Star

Currency:
    They've paid the debt too soon, maybe it's related with that. I want to think that it's not like that, i was angry because SouMu wasn't giving them collabs like last year but now we've 2 collabs tomorrow and in 2 days suddenly, so maybe this can change too.

greengirl103 likes this.
  4. Princess_Pure

Princess_Pure Celebrity

Currency:
    Buddy Gang's Princesa
    Idk what to say. Re-using some outfits for random festivals isn't really something that pisses me off. But I do agree that they are doing Gfriend bad compared to previous years while most buddies thought the CEO is a genius.... The CEO went from broke to well off and I can see how in this situation ppl can change and turn greedy for more money and sometimes being destructive (in higher levels of business)
    Like what if ur next debut flops mate loooool

Buddy25, ypmonce and greengirl103 like this.
  5. lighterxx

lighterxx Married to : @twentyonejongdae

Currency:
    they know trainees pay money too right? instead of blaming them, blame girls themselves. small companies are alot easier to convince if you are their main income source.

I blame fans too. They tried something different one time and it flopped hardcore, now the basic stuff sells more. Why tf would company try to change that?

6. svtsbreadnbutter

svtsbreadnbutter ⍥ Ugly Mexican ⍥

Currency:
    Usually im like fans need to chill but
    I see the issue here, I assume they think they dont need to try with godfriend now just cause theyve gotten such popularity but they better be treating the gorlies like they should, put in the effort smh
    [​IMG]

greengirl103 likes this.
  7. BaramHananim11

BaramHananim11 Super Rookie

Currency:
    Well what do you expect, Gfriend is Source Music only prime cow.......they will milk them out as much as they can,,,,
    buuuuuuuuuutttttttttttttttttttttttttttt.......yeah...their outfit looks cheap.....

GET YOUR SELF TOGETHER SOURCE MUSIC

God_Sejeong, ypmonce and greengirl103 like this.
  8. Cutie888

Cutie888 Married to :@ilovetzuyoda

Currency:
    Well do they at least give Gfriend some of the money that was earned?

greengirl103 likes this.
  9. greengirl103

greengirl103 Rookie

Currency:
    Yup

Cutie888 likes this.
  10. Xadne

Xadne Idol

Currency:
    a hardcore buddy friend of mine told me to compare LOL and Parallel..and I agree, LOL looks way better...
    They were using plain jewel cases afaik for that, and that sucks...they deserve better ><

baekhaewon and greengirl103 like this.
  11. Spinereader

Spinereader Leader

Currency:
    Maybe they're having financial problems or saving up for something big. Fans really should wait and see if things stay this way.

greengirl103 likes this.
  12. Princess_Pure

Princess_Pure Celebrity

Currency:
    Buddy Gang's Princesa
    I personally think Gfriend earned more money this year. The only thing they aren't as strong as b4 in is digital sales which doesn't bring so much money. They sold like 200K albums this year which is a lot more than previous year + held fanmeetings in Korea and overseas + produced merchandise like lightstick + potentially an upcoming concert because the members keep talking about it.
    SoMu bought a new floor for the company which has a new office + practice rooms and held auditions in Korea and Japan + one upcoming in China... They have sh*t load of trainees already and some are foreigner... Idk if that is financial problem tbh...

Buddy25, tzuyonce and greengirl103 like this.
  13. ypmonce

ypmonce Public Figure

Currency:
    Gfriend is the only money resource............ and the company must preparing for the new generation too....
    Re-use some outfits is not a problem... even BP, Twice and RV did that... photoshoot do not come for the artist if their do not have something that make the magazine interested......BP photoshoot in Japan is because you can't deny that BP has some alluring beauty that's really good in fashion and of course modelling even if they didn't promoting... Twice doing photoshoot in Japan for their album promotion... and CF is depends on the artist... if you are a trend, you'll get a cf............
    I was believe that Gfriend will doing some tour or concert after their asia fanmeet... but until now... hmmm
    At least they make 3 comeback this years.... and theres 3 mini album...

greengirl103 likes this.
  14. Rand_Al_Thor

Currency:
    I loved the stuff that came with the albums this year. Sure LOL has a nicer box, but i think the addins in especially the last 2 were great.
    I bought 1 lol and 2 of each of the others.

Xadne and greengirl103 like this.
  15. greengirl103

greengirl103 Rookie

Currency:
    After looking at more of the comments of Buddies they aren't made that they reused the outfits, just that the outfits look kinda cheap.
    They are mad that with the money they could...
    -Gfriend needs to be be promoted more.
    -They need better music, music videos. and outfits.
    -They should focus on Gfriend instead of bringing in more trainees.
    -They need to use the money to upgrade Gfriend and not have so many auditions.

#15 greengirl103, Oct 25, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
  16. baekhaewon

baekhaewon Newbie

Currency:
    The issue I'm having right now is their physical albums. The last three releases have all been jewel cases with a cheap paper slip cover and thin photobook. That is a MAJOR downgrade from LOL or Snowflake. In fact despite being a huge fan I haven't bought a physical album since Awakening. Parallel and Rainbow are just too cheap looking for me to shell out on an import.

greengirl103 likes this.
  17. greengirl103

greengirl103 Rookie

Currency:
    True, the production of their albums aren't really as great as before.

18. Rand_Al_Thor

Currency:
    I got them at home but i like them better than LOL (packaging wise) ill check them out again and tell y a why, i seem to remember full jewel case size photo cards of each member. But that could be Lovelyz some of those albums have crazy stuff.

greengirl103 likes this.
  19. 70024

70024 Trainee

Currency:
    I like Gfriend but I agree that their costumes are kinda not that nice compared to the other groups. Not sure if it is a style choice or budget problem. I don't really mind those jewel case albums though.

greengirl103 likes this.
  20. vivante

vivante Idol

Currency:
    I mean.. it’s not surprising they’re re-using some outfits and stuff, they’ve done it before. However, with the upcoming stuff they’re putting out, I don’t really see the problem. It’s not like they’re totally giving up on Gfriend. And why do they need better titles? I loved Summer Rain smh

greengirl103 and tzuyonce like this.