NEW FORUMS OPEN HERE

#Solar_Empowers_Me

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by crystal105, Apr 22, 2020.

1. crystal105

crystal105 Public Figure

Currency:
    Context: Moomoos are trending this on twitter because Solar is facing backlash in Korea from men and regressive feminists for this outfit, slut-shaming her and calling her all sorts of degrading things. Even said she's showing it all for free anyway so why pay for the nth room.

Photo and some comments:
    [​IMG]
    She's wearing shorts but that's beside the point.

1. [+460, -42] I think she's a bit of an exhibitionist, and also seems to be competing with Whasa... she's a bit much...
    2. [+393, -21] Her concept is lost in the mountains
    3. [+292, -32] I just don't see her as sexy... but I guess that's weird of me as a man ㅠ
    4. [+32, -3] Mamamoo's image just keeps getting worse and worse... She may as well have taken the picture naked ㅡㅡ sigh
    5. [+32, -2] I still can't believe she thought it was cool of her to do that dance move on 'Queendom' where she grabbed her bra and pulled her chest up.. just looked nasty to me..
    6. [+32, -2] Solar's been getting more and more greedy about showing skin
    7. [+27, -6] Does anyone know why she keeps being like this!!!
    8. [+25, -1] She's already popular enough already to dominate the industry with her singing skills alone so I don't get why she's so obsessed with these concepts. Mamamoo didn't get famous for their performances but for their talent. They're losing their roots and I wish they'd step back and reflect on that for a bit.
    9. [+20, -2] Ah... I can't stand her
    10. [+20, -0] Everyone already knows she's talented so I don't know why she does all these provocative concepts. It just makes me cringe. Isn't she crossing the line?
    11. [+18, -1] Dua Lipa looks cool just singing in a t-shirt and jeans... who does Solar think she is to be going so over the top with these concepts ㅎㅎ
    12. [+18, -1] She's so weird, she's damn obsessed with showing skin
    13. [+18, -3] Embarrassing! Cheap, cheap!
    14. [+17, -6] Hul, why is she like this lately?
    15. [+13, -1] So desperate to stand out ㅋㅋ
    Discussions sparked and the top trends/searches ended up being:
    -Speechless
    -Subjective sexiness
    -Women's rights
    -Sexual objectification
    -Feminism
    -Mamamoo 0619

I think this is what ifans are missing when they mock Mamamoo saying they aren't challenging any standards and dismiss them as 'not like the other girls'. Are they the first to do these? No. Is it a big deal to international audiences? No. But it clearly is in Korea.

Moonbyul also faced backlash for her suits with them calling her a d*ke, accused her of being sexist because she's "trying to be a man". So what do they want? To show skin or not? Mamamoo shows that you can't win and please everybody so just do what you like. Hope Solar's solo hits big.

#1 crystal105, Apr 22, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
  2. mint-yoongles

mint-yoongles Newbie

Currency:
    im sorry but what the fuck
    thats outfit is tame compared to what some teens wear lol
    korea is really fucking weird btw how did mamamoo even get im not like other girls label

3. sweettaylor

sweettaylor Trendsetter

Currency:
    I feel so sorry that solar gets so much hate. I hope this doesn't affect her.
    She said in an interview that this solo debut shows her real self and everything she prepared for the debut was her own decision. We have to respect that.
    Ofc netizens will hate on her. Other idols with similar concepts like hwasa or hyolyn have experienced the same backlash.

4. Zazatwin22

Zazatwin22 Celebrity

Currency:
    Umm its iconic and yall know dang well knetz will stream the song even if she gets slut shamed. Stop the shenanigans haters

crystal105, jiya-ash and glowello like this.
  5. glowello

glowello Leader

Currency:
    PROFESSIONAL Flop
    Solar is just being herself lmao. Stay pressed guys

6. kiwijoon

kiwijoon Celebrity

Currency:
    Watering namjoon's bonsai
    You know you that girl when you cause all the conversation, knetz always have the most to say about mamamoo - they hate seeing a group push the boundaries that they want in pursuit of their goals. All it will do is increase their brand ranking :cool:

crystal105 and jiya-ash like this.
  7. crystal105

crystal105 Public Figure

Currency:
    It kind of started when some fans called them a woman group since gg stans often excluded them from compilations and discussions about achievements anyway. Some took that as saying Mamamoo is above other girls in general.

Angela_Cao and kiwijoon like this.