Solar is the most underhyped member [long]

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by sweettaylor, Mar 17, 2020.

Tags:
  1. sweettaylor

sweettaylor Celebrity

Currency:
    Except for me because i overhype her lol but I'm literally the only one doing so and I'm especially annoyed by k-moos who are biased af and neglect solar a hell lot. And the company is neglecting her too.

Every solo and solo activity she has released was HERS alone and she did it for herself/for the fandom. Her solo song "hello" was self written and co produced, had no official video or whatever. Her collab with kassy was ridiculously boycotted by k-moos who spammed her fancafe with negative comments. She entertains us with solarshido but k-moos never stream her solarshido videos. The comments are almost all in english and that's fucking sad.

I know moonbyuls solo has only been a month ago but i am pretty damn hard sure that when mamamoos contract officially ends solar will be the only member to that date with no official solo debut or a freaking official music video and/or proper promotions.

From the outside it looks like she's doing a lot because she has solarshido, she's been on a few shows lately but most of these things she does by herself with no company supporting or promoting her. I mean the company give her the freetime to do what she likes but when it comes to MUSIC she is incomprehensibly neglected which is weird because she is kinda considered the main vocalist of the group but has had no official solo release so far.

And she is constantly neglected by k-moos as well as from i-moos. She gathered attention for poledancing but the hype around her isn't nearly as big as that of other members. Wheebyul have always been the most hyped among the fandom and hwasa is super popular with the public and frequently trends with the fandom. But solar has neither the fandom nor the public on her side and especially the fandom is a disappointment in how they always overlook her or never support her. I don't even know whose fault it is or if solar chose for herself to wait with a official solo debut but i don't get it. Wheein has had 2 music videos so far with her own songs and collabs, hwasa had a promoted/chart smashing collab with a mv, a promoted solo debut with mv and another collab with mv, moonbyul recently released her solo album with official mv and promotions..and solar? Did some minuscule covers for the fandom like nada sou sou but never anything official. Okay she once had the collab honey bee with hani etc but you get the point

And the fandom on twitter behaves impossible. Instead of being happy that solar is FUCKING FINALLY announced to drop a solo album, momoos are being whiny over wheein not dropping a solo album for this year despite her already having two smashing hits in her bag. Like can't you be happy for a member with EMPTY bags so far that she finally gets an opportunity to shine??? I kinda doubt even that solars solo will happen. I don't trust that company nor the fans

I'm so frustrated because at this point every mamamoo member should have had at least one official solo debut with solo mv but solar is definetly neglected in that field and moos overlook that PURPOSELY

2. sweettaylor

sweettaylor Celebrity

Currency:
  3. whipped

whipped Super Rookie

Currency:
    I think a lot of the people you see on twitter are solo stans/bandwagon stans or worse akgaes who don’t really care for the whole group and always only whine about their bias, which is already very annoying usually but its gets especially grating when the time comes for the other members to get the spotlight and they run rampant with their negativity about ~what about my bias~ and drown out true fans that are hyped for the group/solo member. It is what it is so i’ve learnt to just ignore them and focus on what’s worth caring about aka mamamoo being able to do whatever they want whether it’s to have activities they desire or to NOT have to follow through with what they don’t like and feel uncomfortable with.

4. Go_Won_Minaj

Go_Won_Minaj Super Rookie

Currency:
    promoting my group
    Omg I didnt know she was that underappreciated...

5. sweettaylor

sweettaylor Celebrity

Currency:
    I have been a solar solo stan before getting into mamamoo as a group so sometimes i act a little out when i see my bias not getting the spotlight. But i am always aware of it and can hold back my anger or biasedness. But nowadays i really think there is injustice in the fandom that doesnt just stem from me being too biased. I have seen many popular mmm accounts on twitter who always promote ot4 being suddenly super biased towards one member and i am just annoyed over it.
    And if you read what i wrote then you know that i have pretty much mentioned many solo activities for every member in mamamoo but solar is yet empty handed and this is at this point obvious that she is neglected when it comes to the musical aspect.

But since we don't know whose decision it is i cannot blame anyone but at the same time as a fan am still disappointed for the lack of hype, lack of musical content and lack of support solar gets in and outside the fandom. Twitter is always a bad source to turn to but that's just the most prominent place where majority of kpop fans connect and seeing one member being so neglected hurts me. I just want official music from my bias like her members received it, that's it

6. crystal105

crystal105 Super Rookie

Currency:
    I was hoping for a mini album but based on RBW's statement, seems like she's releasing a single album this year.

Technically she has the Emotions album and the solo concert in 2018 but those were remakes. I can only hope it's her choice since we've seen how much control the members have when it comes to music.

She's talented at composing too so I'm excited to hear what she'll go for.

Korainism and Hallybell like this.
  7. sweettaylor

sweettaylor Celebrity

Currency:
    That's exactly the point. Everything she did was just a "remake" of already existing songs like nada sou sou which was originially a japanese song or other stuff she sang for her fans. But never anything official that comes from her as an artist or collabs with nameworthy artists like loco.
    It's true that she had a solo concert which was impressive but...it was again for people that are already her fans and nothing that will go out to the public to invite them, getting interested in her or listen to her music. It was all pretty limited for a particular audience namely her fans...but..:3 i want more that spreads over korea aka an official release

8. bamboozled_61

bamboozled_61 Rookie

Currency:
    As a solar and hwasa biased fan I know what u want to say. I want to tell people that solar is more than just a funny unnie. She is an expectional good singer, person and absolute darling. SHE DESERVES THE WORLD. RBDUB GET THE HINT ALREADY. :mad::mad:

9. whipped

whipped Super Rookie

Currency:
    I do think that when it comes to hardcore stans in the fandom solar isn’t the member that has the most of them that’s why sometimes you don’t see as much hype for her as the other members bc naturally one is always most vocal about their bias and I wouldn’t expect them all to be equally hyped for every member bc that’s just human nature i guess. It’s fine tho if they still support members that aren’t their bias and don’t entirely ignore anyone but their bias and put their bias’ needs above everyone else’s; i’d already call that a win lol. Imo you might have a different image of what ot4 accs mean from what i have in mind, but I don’t wanna get too deep into that one and open another can of worms lol.

About solar’s releasing schedule it does stick out that she’s the only member who hasn’t yet got a solo album, but i disagree that it’s bc rbw is neglecting her like you said. On the contrary, judging from how rbw has handled every members in mamamoo at this stage and from what kdh as well as what solar herself said, i don’t think she isn’t releasing a solo album right now bc she isn’t allowed to by the company. I mean kdh literally said he’s accommodating the members as best as he can with their solo endeavours to “keep them happy” (his words) and solar herself said she doesn’t feel confident enough to release an album at this point (it was from a vlive iirc), so putting all the blame on rbw in this instance is rather a misstep imo. We don’t really know what goes on there inside their company and can only speculate based on very limited information, so unless solar herself complains that she isn’t getting enough opportunity I wouldn’t yet put out my judgement on this one. For all we know it could be entirely her decision not to release more music. Again it’s all speculation and nothing’s confirmed, it could really be either way.

#9 whipped, Mar 17, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
  10. nazks

nazks Newbie

Currency:
    In someway yes she is underhyped from the fandom but don't discount Solar, she probably has her own plan and as we have learn numerous times the members has a huge say in their activities. Once she releases music she will have her own time to shine.

11. sweettaylor

sweettaylor Celebrity

Currency:
    I'm not entirely putting the blame on the company. I've mentioned several times that I'm not sure whom to put the blame on but there just seems to be a collective disinterest among the fandom and public towards solar (especially from k-moos who boycotted her collab with kassy, never comment or stream her solarshidos, don't encourage her to release stuff etc, and from loud i-fans who just don't give her enough credit and appreciation like the other members). And above all we have solar as the only member not releasing any official solo stuff. I know I'm just speculating at this point but it makes no sense for solar being too nervous yet for a solo debut as you claimed. she's done incredible things so far like pole dancing on public tv which definetly pitted many locals against her, but since she wanted to do it she wasn't nervous for it although she knew the consequences. She wears revealing clothes and dances sexily on her channel which again gains her antis, She's constantly occupied with her solarshido channel where she does the quirkiest things and learns english etc. If she really doubted her abilities as a solo artist she would have probably doubted other "riskier" things she did before even more, but she is not afraid to do these things i counted because solar is confident in what she wants and does (again just speculation). And she did release songs like her recent collab with kassy but she gets ignored by her own fandom. It's a combination of all these things that make me sad as a fan of her. But otherwise i have no other theory on why solar takes so long to debut. I always thought wheein was the one with the anxiety issues but she has successfully released solo and collab material so i don't get what holds solar back

This thread is more meant to be a "rant" where I'm trying to release frustration as a fan. Not that i want to accuse anyone of being the culprit or guilty person. I'm just wondering. It takes too long. And i mean WAY TOO LONG. Mamamoos contract ends soon and solar plans to release a single album after hwasa...and who knows when hwasa will release her album and how long it'll take for solar to relase hers right after..there is no light at the end of the tunnel and it annoys me

Korainism likes this.
  12. BlinkNation

BlinkNation Super Rookie

Currency:
    From the perspective of a non fan, I always wondered why Solar didn’t have a proper solo of her own! Her voice is phenomenal and surely fans of the group should be happy if she is finally releasing something like all the other girls have.

Korainism and sweettaylor like this.
  13. whipped

whipped Super Rookie

Currency:
    Yeah i get your frustrations as a fan, but again since all we can do is speculate i wouldn’t say that rbw is “neglecting” solar based on the evidence that we have. Rbw is literally aiding all the other members to put out as much or as little music as they want and in whatever genre and concept they desire; why would solar be an exception to that? It would gain rbw nothing whatsoever and just wouldn’t make sense. And i’m not saying it’s definitely a given that solar is entirely to “blame” for this lack of music from her, i’m just quoting her own words where she expressed how she feels about putting out a solo album rn, so unless you think she’s lying i’m just gonna stick to what she said from her own mouth and believe her.
    Also i think you haven’t fully grasped what it means for someone not to be “confident” enough to do sth. It doesn’t mean they’re scared, it could be they’re not completely satisfied with the result, or they’re still trying to come up with even better products, and they don’t want to put out an album they’re not “confident” about quality wise etc. Those are just examples of what it could mean, it could be another reason entirely for solar and idk, so i hope that cleared up for you about how a lack of confidence doesn’t equal to having anxiety (which in wheein’s case is about appearing in public; she doesn’t seem worried to put out any music if she doesn’t have to promote it on public broadcasts, and again is completely unrelated to solar’s case rn).

#13 whipped, Mar 17, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
  14. feelgood

feelgood Newbie

Currency:
    Solar is probably one of the best leaders I have seen. From what the other members says she is always sacrificing her self., I think she would like to have all of the group members happy first.
    I think they will renew their contracts,, I agree RBW seems sometimes like a very confusing compalny, and their strategies seems weird.
    However right now covid 19 has hit the world hard, everything has been postponed,

sweettaylor likes this.
  15. Escapethemaze

Escapethemaze Trainee

Currency:
    When I first saw and heard MMM I assumed that Solar would be the most popular along with Moonbyul. I was quite shocked to see that her hype isn't as much as I expected. I hope she gains more and more recognition, it would be well deserved!

sweettaylor likes this.
  16. sweettaylor

sweettaylor Celebrity

Currency:
    I thought you were referring to anxiety when you mentioned lack of confidence so i got you wrong. Okay for that part. Maybe she's not confident in her results yet...but again the amount of time she invests in her yt channel she could have rather invested in her solo debut. again i just don't see the issue. Hwasa/Wheein didn't create their solo stuff all on their own, they had producers, lyricist and collab partners whom they cooperated with and I assume that solar has the same recources that help her coming up with a final result and i just can't understand why it takes her 3 or more years for finishing her product.
    If i remember correctly then solar said she waits until all her members released solo stuff but i don't have a source for that. But even if that's true, yeah i acknowledge her kind heart but i don't see the logic in that._. Hwasa and wheein already had multiple releases and not just one, moonbyul also had a collab already with seulgi and now dropped her solo album. There was already enough time for solar to wait and now she should be next in line. I don't want to hold back other members from releasing stuff, but i really think they should give solar the free stage now. If she waits further or releases her solo in between schedules she could lose her momentum and no one will care for her if she debuts too late. But as i said, maybe solar wants it like that? I don't know it. But i just don't get her. I'm happy the members found their success solo and i don't want to come across as if I'm salty...tho i am, but not in the mean hateful way.. i think the company needs to advise her better. It's nice that they give her the free choice but they need to make her aware of the consequences and chances, so for the most part i do see the fault in them, but not entirely._.

17. whipped

whipped Super Rookie

Currency:
    Yeah i mean we all have the same questions as you but they’re all puzzles directed at solar rather than the company lol.. Since rbw has a whole team of producers I highly doubt they lack music content in their vault and if any member wants to release whatever’s in it rbw wouldn’t hold them back for absolutely no reason. So again i’m leaning more towards the opinion that solar’s making a conscious effort to polish her album as best as she can (since she’s after all a big perfectionist as we all know) and it’s taking a lot of time, but that’s just my opinion anyway based on what i’ve seen and been able to deduce. There could be a different reason to explain that we haven’t even thought of :sweatr:

18. sweettaylor

sweettaylor Celebrity

Currency:

Okay:( we probably have to wait until the day she finally releases her solo debut (if she releases one:sketchyk:), and then I can say for sure based on its quality if it was worth of all the wait lol. I really wish for her she'll be successful._.

I also think she is consciously delaying her debut but i don't understand why lol she probably knows best so I'm just gonna trust her