So why do people watch dubbed anime ???

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga' started by Aoki91, May 20, 2017.

1. YatoSama

YatoSama Newbie

Currency:
    I remember starting anime when I was 12 and I only watched dubbed anime because I thought that I would have a hard time following subtitles since I hadn't really watched much stuff with subs before. But there was this one anime that didn't have subs, so I forced myself to watch it subbed and realised that it's really not hard to follow subtitles lmao

I think most people do it because they prefer to watch anime dubbed since they like watching something in English rather than a foreign language that they don't understand. I know that my dad has a hard time following subtitles with anime, so he prefers to watch anime dubbed.

2. AandyVale

AandyVale Super Rookie

Currency:
    I think it's because it could become much more easier to understand what they're saying, and sometimes it's very annoying to look down and read and maybe miss out on some of the scenes that's going on in the show.

That's just what i think.

I myself really want to wach with japanese speach becuase japanese people tend to have better emotions while acting out different scenes, but somethimes i'm just to lazy haha.

3. Rushu_the_Shushu

Currency:
    I watch dubbed anime. I don't speak japanese or understand japanese. In reading subtitles you are also not getting the whole experience. Subtitles divide your attention so you miss key details in body language and possibly facial expression. You cannot say that you notice small things like that when you have of your attention on the subtitles. I enjoy the voice actors that dubbed anime has to offer. Todd Haberkorn and Ian Sinclair. For example have wonderful voices and do excellent jobs in their respective roles.

4. Selynn

Selynn Trainee

Currency:
    Dubbing is unbearable. Would not recommend at all. When I watched the accidentally dubbed version of Bleach,, it was like a terrible torture. Don't watch Naruto, especially One Piece, it was very bad. The most enthusiastic charismatic sounds in the original are quite dull and artificial in dubbing.