so the Brown Eyed Girls comeback...

Discussion in 'Comeback Threads' started by RIILEY, Oct 28, 2019.

?

how do you feel ab the BEG comeback

1. it's great! I love the fact that it's a cover album

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. music is rlly good, but it's underwhelming that they're all covers.

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. don't care either way, music still bops

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. RIILEY

RIILEY Trainee

Currency:
    bookseller
    the day has finally come

BEG have returned!! :waterr:

honestly this is probably the most I've been anticipating a comeback in a long, long time.

I didn't know much about the actual album going in to it, but I heard the teasers/highlights and I thought it sounded like a really solid comeback. I rlly enjoyed the vibes of both of the title tracks, Wonder Woman and The Abandoned.

However, for whatever reason, I did not know that the album was an album full of covers from 90s-00s songs. I thought it was all original material. I rlly loved Wonder Woman and The Abandoned but idk how to feel now that I know they're covers.

I guess I just thought, well, it's been four years and they would return triumphantly with an album full of new material. This prospect rlly excited me, since the group has released some of the most iconic Kpop songs ever. But after a four year break they've returned with an album of covers. Incredibly well done covers, but covers nonetheless.

So I don't rlly know to feel. I think that if a cover album is something they've always wanted to do, I get it. But I rlly miss having Brown Eyed Girls releasing original material. They've always been a rlly experimental and groundbreaking group, so it's a little underwhelming for me.

Both of the MVs r stunning, so there's that. There's also the fact that it seems like they might be more active as a group now, which is a blessing.

So... what do y'all think?

PeskyRachel and jisungstoes like this.
  2. pixilattedd

pixilattedd Rookie

Currency:
    Student
    They are very good performers, Abandoned is a good ballad and Wonder Woman is interesting, I just miss the kind of climax they used to have on their old songs, while I do get it's a cover and Wonder Woman sounds very BEG, I still miss when they hitted that high.

PeskyRachel likes this.