Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

So SNSD are no longer relevant?

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by BritishSone, Jan 8, 2017.

1. BritishSone

2. catallena

catallena Artist

3. meems

meems Entertainer

My girls slaying even without releasing anything or promoting last year :lover1:

2jelooppar, NORM, chenyue10 and 3 others like this.
  4. meems

meems Entertainer

what? I can't even, lol

5. catallena

catallena Artist

snsd have more stuff, so people can se more videos, songs, etc[​IMG]

6. meems

meems Entertainer

SNSD has the most viewed mv among girl groups ( among girl grops, they have the top 2 most viewd mvs)
    Also, do you realize how big the internet or youtube has come to in the past 4-5 years or compared to the time snsd first debuted?
    The fans as well, the amount of international fans now are way more than the number 3 years ago. Not to mention the increase obsession with views that has hit the kpop fandoms recently which by the way makes them set playlsits as far I heard or spend the entire day just streaming the vid to get more view. That sh** never happened when I first got to kpop almost 10 years ago so you really don't know what you're talking about :D

7. Crazy_Dog

Crazy_Dog Legend

but twice black pink and got7 along with bts
    debuted at a time when kpop was getting a bit more mainstream
    while snsd 4 minute psy and 2ne1 had to do the tough work of helping ur faves get noticed lol

8. bonbonfairy

bonbonfairy Artist

hmmm... that is true... and they've been around for much longer as well... I wonder if they can maintain their relevancy enough to remain in the top 10 for a while longer... : (

oh that's true too

9. kddicted

kddicted Legend

^ I really hate it when people compare twice to snsd, ugh I get so pissed. First off, kpop wasn't a major thing back then, it has gotten more popular over the years. Snsd are legends and what they achieved was amazing. Twice is amazing too, like I just don't understand the hate thrown at them sometimes. Or when some of their annoying fans can't be modest like Twice is about their achievements. Twice has made me impressed but why compare them to another group.

2jelooppar, Exbbsy12, may1889 and 2 others like this.
  10. 777M

777M Super Rookie

MV views are greatly determined by content,snsd with their simpleton MVS peaked in an age before major internet&economic boom in korea at the level it is now, unlike TWX bts etc.while all 9 years olds have hispeed internet on their hands to keep playing their fav new gg on loop.
    They are 10 years apart fandom.

soshilovelife likes this.
  11. YouKnow

YouKnow Entertainer

it's a joke that got7 is in this list
    they are so irrelevant

12. BritishSone

Oh my dear child. These are only the views for the whole of 2016 not the entirety of SNSD's career. All this does is shows that even without a single comeback during the whole of 2016 SNSD are still the most searched for and watched girl group when it comes to MVs, solos, live performances, teasers etc.

Many people say that SNSD are no longer relevant and that their popularity has fallen rapidly. Yet they were the most watched girl group of 2016. Funny how that works.

13. catallena

catallena Artist

THANKS PSY FOR REALLY MAKE KPOP A THING ON YOUTUBE
    [​IMG]

imthatxx likes this.
  14. catallena

catallena Artist

this thing counts the entire YOUTUBE titles with SNSD, not only their label or oficial videos, IU in this thing have more than 400 million views[​IMG]

15. ELF_L

ELF_L Artist

Some people going out of line. It's true that twice is the trendy girl groups but only time will tell if twice can last long up to 10 years like snsd or end up being another groups that going downhill due to controversy. Will the public get bored of their musical color and look for a group with a more exciting dynamic (like what happen to apink). They're still relevant and staying on top on their 10th years. I'm not saying this as thrice or sone :rolleyes:

16. Johnny_Blaze

Johnny_Blaze Artist

omg you're the saltiest once i've ever seen.

Exbbsy12 likes this.
  17. MeniNova

MeniNova Super Rookie

I am not an snsd fan but I agree with you. When I got into Kpop(which was almost 10 years ago as well), it wasn't big on Youtube or social media for that matter. Kpop MV views ranged from 300K to 900K max—unlike now, where Kpop MV views range from maybe 15M to 200M(although it still takes some months to years to get to 70M or even 100M). And international fandoms weren't as big either. Youtube, social media, and the internet as a whole concerning Kpop has come a long way since I got introduced to Kpop in 2008.

18. musicIS2livefor

musicIS2livefor Entertainer

2ne1 staying relevant af without doing nothing as a group for more than 2 years.

19. catallena

catallena Artist

sorry
    8 years ago and that was a hit in my country, bye