Small Business Thread

Discussion in 'Video Games & Tech' started by alexgrin, Jul 19, 2018.

1. alexgrin

alexgrin Trainee

Currency:
    Small business owners, what is the biggest problem you face? I'm thinking of starting my won business and I'm looking for at CRM options. What are you using? What do you recommend?

Pirinee and KidLeader112 like this.
  2. extraneous

extraneous Super Rookie

Currency:
    darn youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu i lost me spam streak :'(

3. joombo

joombo Newbie

Currency:
    Finding good reliable help is ALWAYS our #1 struggle...we have no problem getting jobs, growing however poeple simply dont have good work ethics anymore.

#3 joombo, Jul 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
  4. jonatsa

jonatsa Newbie

Currency:
    You can't go wrong starting with this step. If you're new to farming, learn everything you can about it within the time you have. But be reasonable, too. You can't know everything there is to know. Some learning will have to be on the job, and trial and error is messy, time-consuming and sometimes costly. Yet it's inevitable with farming, so embrace the process. But learn some, too. Balance.

5. uvikalina

uvikalina Newbie

Currency:
    I can’t solve my problem at the moment. The fact is that I have a rather specific company providing air duct cleaning services. Software development is quite expensive, and general developed programs do not suit me. Can anyone give me good advice and tell me where I can find a suitable program for the air duct cleaning business?

6. Kensi_Andy

Kensi_Andy Newbie

Currency:
    So, if you talk to a real small business owner, ok. My little business is in creating flower art for the events. Most of all are wedding ceremonies. We have 4 florists, me and my wife and 2 drivers on our cars. So, we use AmoCRM to check the activity of the sales management process. It was advised for me, by one of my friends who's working in a rather big it-company. You know what, the meaning of my business was changed after I was started using it. Now I have no questions about sales because the whole business is on my telephone.

7. StCatMouse

StCatMouse Rookie

Currency:
    Procrastinator
    The way the spam in this thread here is loltastic. One spammer asks and another conveniently have the link/answer lined up lol

8. uvikalina

uvikalina Newbie

Currency:
    Can someone advise me a good developer of mobile applications for an online store?

9. joombo

joombo Newbie

Currency:
    I think it's better to test a basic idea or model of your “ideal” product to find out if you are meeting the needs of your consumers and find the right direction for the development of your business. I found a guide about launching new projects here https://spdload.com/blog/guide-to-launch-an-mvp/ . It can help truly understand the market and your customers.

#9 joombo, Sep 12, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
  10. nps1337

nps1337 Newbie

Currency:
  11. adriang001

adriang001 Newbie

Currency:
    We have a Hosiery business, established by my father back in 1976, continued by me after his demise.

Ours is a 15 lakh investment in a big sized town, and falls into a segment of small business.

Following are some of the few REAL TIME challenges faced by me:

1. Competitors underselling a branded product, just to increase their customer pool is one of our major real time problem.Let me explain. A branded inner costs us 109 Rs and with an mark-up margin of 25%, its MRP is 137 . We have a cloth store near by, whose primary market is shirting and suitings, where in they cut a piece of cloth of needed size to be sold. They do not have an MRP. So this guy purposefully sells the above mentioned branded inner for 100 Rs, which is a loss of 8 Rs for him. He pulls a 100 bucks a meter more in the shirtings, since they do not have price tags. This has ruined the entire hosiery business that was once a good one.
    2. Big players investing huge in both online market and general market.Spencers, Big bazaar, more, brand factory and others feed the end profits to someone up the chain who doesn’t care about their next 10 generations(they already have huge money). And the customer by selecting these big shops end up killing small business owners, slowly and steadily.
    3. Government officials need their share of sweets, no matter what. Every month, around 1500 bucks go to our government offices. They don’t bother if we pay tax or not. They just need their share. Amazingly ruthless guys.
    4. Reliable work force. This is something faced by most of the industry. You just can’t leave your business only on your assistants even for a single hour.If you want to do that, be prepared to lose 10 - 15% of the profits.
    5. Unpredictability. This was always present in any business. But these days, has increased multiple times in small businesses. You simply cant predict if a day is going to be good or not. These days, even before a festival, we are unable to predict properly, which makes us fall prey with a lot of stock piled up.
    These are a few Real time problems and many more are not even stated, as they differ with environment.

12. alexsandro22

alexsandro22 Newbie

Currency:
    Wich kind of crm do you prefer? Tell a little bit more about your purpose.

adriang001 likes this.
  13. alanz

alanz Newbie

Currency:
    It all depends on your needs but I prefer free cloud based services like this one https://www.espocrm.com . It is probably best CRM I've worked with. It has all options to manage your contacts and consumers.

#13 alanz, Nov 26, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
  14. adriang001

adriang001 Newbie

Currency:

I would suggest you Microsoft Dynamics CRM as it is a customer relationship management software package developed by Microsoft.

They’ve since replaced Dynamics CRM with Dynamics 365—a cloud-based software package that combines CRM with ERP (enterprise resource planning) capabilities but you’re able to customize the package or bundle of “apps” according to what you need.