SM, YG, JYP - six month KOSDAQ chart [Updated 190902]

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Hermes1, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Hermes1

Hermes1 Elite

Currency:
    K-pop stocks lose their appeal. Possible trigger the economic crisis China vs.. United States.

upload_2019-8-31_20-0-23.png

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

upload_2019-8-31_20-2-38.png

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

upload_2019-8-31_20-4-37.png

sunfei likes this.
  2. sandybee3

sandybee3 Celebrity

Currency:
    So all of the Big3 stucks were going down.... interesting

ThisGuy likes this.
  3. ITZ_U

ITZ_U Super Rookie

Currency:
    Only jyp is doing good. Sm and yg cut down by half

4. harambeisalive

harambeisalive Super Rookie

Currency:
    I don't really get all the detailed stock stuff but it's it me or JYP actually doing worse than YG despite YG scandals? JYP seems to folow same trend as YG through the year but at a lower trading score (up until June YG was at 35k or higher while jyp never reached 35k all year long)

ThisGuy likes this.
  5. Taegifan

Taegifan Super Rookie

Currency:
    Jyp always been the lowest but yg stock prices lost half their value in a span of a few months. Yge definitely feeling it the most.

6. L_catzzz

L_catzzz Idol

Currency:
    JYP has more stocks sold out to the public. They always have lower price due to counter the higher no. of stocks released to the public.

But, still, as you can see on the charts, they have steeper trending going down starting May onwards, while SM starting June onwards. While, YG on the other hand, have more stable trending going downwards.

7. ypmonce

ypmonce Public Figure

Currency:
    No dude... Yes JYP has the lowest stock price than the other 2, but JYP stock cut by small number if you compare it with SM and YG.
    SM Jun 19 = 40k+ even peak in >45k; Aug 19 = 29k+ ( - >10k)
    YG Jun 19 = 33k + ; Aug 19 = 21k+ ( - >10k)
    JYP Jun 19 = 26k+; Aug 19 = 19k+ ( - 7k)
    All of the entertainment agency stock is down because the relation of SK-JP that unstable (war trade).
    And JYP has the biggest profit than YG and SM.

sunfei, gemiyuna and harky1 like this.
  8. harambeisalive

harambeisalive Super Rookie

Currency:
    So basically JYP is still smaller than YG but has less of a drop than YG or SM meaning they're more stable? I could've sworn I read somewhere (AKP news?) JYP has overtaken YG in overall value a while ago (mainly due to jyp getting bigger and YG fucking up) so that's why I was curious why JYP was lower than YG

9. ypmonce

ypmonce Public Figure

Currency:
    It's because the act that comeback in that time... Twice the main group for JYP has comeback in April, SM has RV, NCT Baek solo debut in June-July.. SM has a high peak in the late of June-July

10. harky1

harky1 Newbie

Currency:
    The stock price isn't the most important thing to look at. JYP market cap is almost TWICE the value of YG's. JYP also has the best profit ratio of all the Big 3.

L_catzzz likes this.
  11. L_catzzz

L_catzzz Idol

Currency:
    As the other users have mentioned. Despite the lower price, JYP is actually still doing better than YG.
    That's kinda my point. They have comebacks, but not enough to sustain the stock price at a high/mid level. It still ended up going on a downward spiral at a very steep level.

ypmonce likes this.
  12. harky1

harky1 Newbie

Currency:
    Nah, the stocks are just following the KOSDAQ:
    [​IMG]

ThisGuy likes this.
  13. Zenning

Zenning Public Figure

Currency:
    I don't get some trends in the figures. Is the ongoing decrease over the past 6 months due to the trade war with Japan? And what's the June peak in SM's stocks?

Hmm, but if you compare with April, then start and end figures look differently:
    SM: Apr -/- Aug = 40k -/- 30k = 10k dip (- 25%)
    YG: Apr -/- Aug = 40k -/- 20k = 20k dip (-50%)
    JYP: Apr -/- Aug = 33k -/- 20k = 13k dip (-40%)

So it really changes a lot which 2 months you compare.

Overall, I find curious the steadily decreasing line over the past 6 months, and I'm kinda wondering what the figures are for a longer period of time, like the past 2-3 years.
    Also, SM's figures at least over the shown 6 months are the most erratic or jumpy of the 3 with some steep rises and peaks in March and June, after which it decreases again.

14. L_catzzz

L_catzzz Idol

Currency:
    I know that already. But like I've mentioned, only YG trend seems to be closer representation to the KOSDAQ trend, while JYP and SM are more steep (like other users have mentioned, it's probably bcoz those 2 companies have big act comebacks in April-June, but I still think the trend afterwards is very steep tho).

#14 L_catzzz, Aug 31, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
  15. harky1

harky1 Newbie

Currency:
    Year to date YG has lost over half of its value.
    On Jan 2nd 2019 the stock was valued at 45,900
    On Aug 30th 2019 the stock was valued at 21,200
    [​IMG]

Year to date JYP has declined but not at the level of YG
    On Jan 2nd 2019 the stock was valued at 29,050
    On Aug 30th 2019 the stock was valued at 19,150

[​IMG]

16. Icaro_Ribeiro

Icaro_Ribeiro Trendsetter

Currency:
    Web Developer
    So JYP declined 34%
    SM declined 41%
    And YG declined 54%

I have different views from the those drops:

1) JYP

In my opinion, JYP declined because JYP was never that valuable, this company was rather a market bubble

By June 2018, JYP stocks were about 22k KRW, but for some reason it exploded fast peaking in 38k about 5 months later. After this madness JYP stocks started do declined to a "normal" level. And might be more stable in the current market cap. Their situation is just the more stable of the 3 and the next months maybe prove my theory

2) SM

SM decline is, in my opinion, because the company most profitable groups were inactive in the first semester. SHINee enlisted, TVXQ and Super Junior didn't make tours. Their Q2 financial report was awful, so their market cap is only becoming worse and worse. Now EXO is touring, so their Q3 won't look that bad and their stocks will rise again. They will probably end the year better than now

3) YG

YG is the only company that value is really corrupted. Their stocks has been steadily dropping despite the fact their artists are having comebacks and having positive results. There is just too much uncertainty and risk surrounding the company after so many scandals and prosecutions, nobody wants to bet their money on YG. Their financial reports are pale and I see no reason to believe they will turn the things.

17. choi_tan

choi_tan Trainee

Currency:

Imo, YG'S future will be decided by GD.

If he leaves YG, then bye bye for good.

18. lookinglass

lookinglass Celebrity

Currency:
    JYP bubble? Lol. It had the same market cap (1 trillion KRW) as SM at its peak. Unless you think SM valuation was also a bubble.

JYP was valued above the other 2 because it has the:
    1) Highest profit margin (JYP:24%, YG:-7%, SM: 0.6%)
    2) Highest profit growth (JYP:6%, the other 2 flopped)

The amazing thing is JYP has outperformed both consistently for at least 2 years now.

Although both JYP and SM stock prices have declined (in line with KOSDAQ), their market cap is still comparable. If measured by key financial metrics, the one being bubble is SM.

harky1 likes this.
  19. Limca

Limca Celebrity

Currency:
    weird clown
    Idk why everyone shits on YGE while JPYE is clearly the worst performer with lowest value
    If anyone leaves big3 it'll be JYP :)

20. Icaro_Ribeiro

Icaro_Ribeiro Trendsetter

Currency:
    Web Developer
    Lol, JYP was a market bundle because they were overpriced. Their profit margin is bigger because they have lesser expenses. But there isn't anything that explain their market cap increasing over 50% is less than half of a fiscal year as they did in 2018

This is a clear bubble behavior. The prices start to increase, so everybody start to buy because the trend is positive. But once the positivity ends people who first buy start to sell and the company value start to decline

It happens very often. Now JYP bubble period ended, and their stock price is back to when they are about 1 year ago, that's why I think they are the most stable of 3 atm

It's a complete different situation of SM. SM is far more valuable than JYP in any measure, their market caps are about the same now because as you said, SM is flopping at their financial reports, but they have much more acts, assets, side business, etc.

When SM stocks increase it's because their financial reports were good, when they drop it's because their financial reports were bad.As you can see by yourself SM graphic is the most erratic of Big3, because they go up and down depends on their results. Definitely not a bubble behavior