Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

SM (Snsd comeback rant)

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by kddicted, Aug 12, 2017.

1. kddicted

kddicted Legend

So I got over myself about not liking the title tracks because they grew on me and once I saw the performances and how great the girls look, I was fine with it. Not to mention how solid the album was overall.
    But SM seriously half assed everything, I have never seen a company with so much money just half ass the way they did. They gave us the most pathetic excuse of a comeback and even those who loved the comeback can't say anything about it now because now SM decided to shorten the promotions to the point where they should've just disbanded the girls rather than give them this comeback. To this point, I pity the girls.
    The freaking teaser release promotion is longer than the actual promotion.
    Tbh it's not fair to red velvet or exo either or any other SM group because look, once they reach their 10'th anniversary (If they do) SM is going to do the same shit. Even 2ne1's goodbye song had a larger impact than this. Wonder girls why so lonely was an amazing song as a last track. Snsd is a 10 year old girl group who are successful and considered one of the biggest and most respectable girl groups ever.
    Lmao I doubt super junior or shinee even will get a good song for their 10'th anniversary. Honestly this just seems like a case of SM thinking 'Who cares about them there's ___ who's successful enough to make money so let's drop ___ and the cycle just continues. I know they're all about business and it doesn't go anything deeper than that but SM, if you want to make money than I suggest you stop cause how long is your half assing with groups going to keep the fans?
    Like I'm so salty I watch the live performances of snsd thinking "Why bother even putting out a live performance?"
    It's not even only SM who treats the girls like shit, wth is mnet doing as well?
    SM's like who cares let's just give Taeyeon an album and give Yoona a drama the rest can go die. Snsd as a group can die. That's how it is. I wonder what SM stans are thinking. But for real, who stans a company? How stupid
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. noticemesenpai04

3. BritishSone

Oh SM half arsed Suju's 10th Anniversary as well. But SM did gift them with their own label at least. Meanwhile our girls get their names misspelled on the 10th Anniversary albums.

cenn123, borabora_97, arinsen and 3 others like this.
  4. kddicted

kddicted Legend

Jessica's probably like
    [​IMG]
    Join Coridel

5. arieam

arieam Artist

Didn't Sooyoung say there's a repackage tho?

God forbid...

kddicted likes this.
  6. noticemesenpai04

Lmao

7. Abeamus

Abeamus Star

There could be but in my opinion that isn't part of their 10th anniversary, only the Holiday and All Night promotions are so as soon as these promotions end so does their 10th anniversary activities and anything after is just business as usual.

kddicted likes this.
  8. Eithra

Eithra Artist

The only thing we can do is boycott SM. Don't know how many people will support that though.

kddicted likes this.
  9. kddicted

kddicted Legend

Wow even Super Junior gets better than the girls
    They didn't even get their names spelled right? This is severe..I'm ready to boycott SM

Eithra likes this.
  10. kddicted

kddicted Legend

Even a repackage can't save this tragedy

Kas2850 and arieam like this.
  11. kddicted

kddicted Legend

I'll fly to South Korea myself lmao
    Sones should all join to boycott SM

arieam and Eithra like this.
  12. kddicted

kddicted Legend

Agreed

13. arieam

arieam Artist

Hmm, that's fair. Either way we get some more of them. Technically the repackage would be a continuation of these promotions since they're counted as the same promotion cycle at all the award shows.

To be honest...I don't think SNSD doing 1 week of promotions is bad. That's what Big Bang did, not just for their tour, but because they don't really need it. However, I don't know what their schedules are like now. I feel as if they have their reasons, but I'm not sure.

There's literally nothing I can say to excuse their shitty promotions in general tho.

#13 arieam, Aug 12, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    kddicted and hotcoco4937592 like this.
  14. ShleeSNSD

ShleeSNSD Super Rookie

I actually think that SM is just waiting for the other members who aren't Taeyeon and YoonA to tap out and ask for a release or something like that.

kddicted likes this.
  15. Eithra

Eithra Artist

I hope not.

kddicted likes this.
  16. vivante

vivante Artist

the sad truth... I can't believe they're having so little promotion, for their tenth anniversary and sm is prioritizing nct dream over them. nct dream's first comeback over snsd's tenth anniversary. what...?

sm seems to love ruining special anniversaries. suju, snsd, bet you anything next year shinee will get fucked over too *cries*

kddicted and BritishSone like this.
  17. ShleeSNSD

ShleeSNSD Super Rookie

But yeah, everything about this comeback was so half-assed. From the title tracks to the tacky outfits to their promotions lasting for only a week. It's a reality that they aren't the most interesting group right now, but they have contributed so much to the company and to kpop in general. For SM to do this to them is unacceptable even if a repack/tour is coming later this year. I get that in the end, kpop is a business and long term financial uprising is the goal but at least do something of quality cause the only thing saving SNSD's 10th anniversary is the fan-service they do. I'm upset, I want to punch whoever came up with their half-assed 10th anniversary promotions.

But my rant doesn't mean that I don't appreciate it. I love my girls, they will forever hold a special place in my heart -the 1st kpop group I got into ~2010. I'm happy they've been around for 10 years, congratulations to them. <3 Thank you for coming back after 2 years, we appreciate every effort you girls have done to keep your fans satisfied.

kddicted likes this.
  18. ShleeSNSD

ShleeSNSD Super Rookie

Same, but I can't help but think that way. As OP said, Taeyeon and YoonA are being milked to death, they are the group's top money makers so they'd want those 2 girls around after a disbandment. sigh

kddicted likes this.
  19. Abeamus

Abeamus Star

I think the 1 week of promotions was just the breaking point, through out the other decisions the silver lining has been "well at least we get to see our girls perform" and now even that's gone that's to cutting their promotions short.

kddicted, Eithra and arieam like this.
  20. Serge

Serge Super Rookie

Imo "Girls are back", "Light up the sky" and "Sweet Talk" were much better than the title tracks

"Holiday" wasn't a good choice

and yeah, anything SM has been doing with the girls in their 10th anniversary is despicable, to say the least

kddicted likes this.