Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

SM releases a statement about shinee's jonghyun death

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by maya2003s, Dec 18, 2017.

1. maya2003s

maya2003s Married to: @lmaoooooo

hoeing
    https://www.allkpop.com/article/201...ement-regarding-the-death-of-shinees-jonghyun

"Hello, this is SM Entertainment.

We're sorry to deliver such heart-aching, unfortunate news.

On December 18, SHINee member Jonghyun left our side unexpectedly.

He was found unconscious at a residential hotel in Cheongdam-dong, Seoul and was rushed to a nearby hospital but was declared dead on the evening of the 18th.

The deep sorrow cannot be compared to ones of his family who had to let go of their loving son and brother but the employees and artists of SM Entertainment, also in deep shock and sorrow, are offering condolences.

Jonghyun was the best artist who loved music more than anyone and always worked hard for his performance.

It is devastating to deliver such sad news to the fans who gave him great love.

We ask you to refrain from making rumors or assumption based reports in respect of his family who are in deep sorrow from the sudden news.

As his family wished, his funeral will be carried out in the quietest manner with his family members and co-workers.

Once again, we offer our deepest condolence."

i just can't imagine how he must have felt when he commited suicide, leaving his friends, family and fans behind, the kpop industry is really cruel and let's hope people will learn and not hate an idol for nothing.

2. Marksonforever_1

Ahgase leaderlim
    god....it feels like its a terrible nightmare...but its real

3. Faith_1299

Faith_1299 Super Rookie

Student
    I don't want to believe any of this :( I can't believe he passed away.

d0_kyunqso, _CLeO and KpopFanIGuess like this.
  4. Hidden_KRD_Kiri

Hidden_KRD_Kiri Trainee

My heart cannot take how real this shit is with SM's confirmation....ugh poor Jonghyun... I pray his soul finally gets the rest it deserves. :(

d0_kyunqso and _CLeO like this.
  5. Drew_B_Forever

Drew_B_Forever Entertainer

I just woke up and read this news. I am STUNNED right now.

This is some crazy shit.

d0_kyunqso likes this.
  6. fightingsone

fightingsone Artist

At some point we'll have to talk about SME's and the industry's responsibility in tragedies like this one...

7. Kireta

Kireta Entertainer

Even though I’m not a shawol this hurt me so much. As someone who was into Kpop for many years now, I know for a fact SHINee has contributed so much over the years. I’m just shocked because Jonghyun was the last person i would expect this happening to because he is always smiling and doing what he loved most, creating music for us. At least now all his suffering is over, rest in piece Kim Jonghyun

SpanishKpoper and MeAnotherself like this.
  8. snsd9jessica

snsd9jessica Rookie

Do you think Jessica will go to the funeral I mean she was close to him too.

9. ChickNut

ChickNut Artist

Who knows. But it’s private, so im sure we wouldnt be seeing who went and what?

10. lulinolcy24

lulinolcy24 Artist

I wasn't a fan, but this has been a really painful day. Thinking that a person had to go through so much pain and solitude to then end it like this. I just can't.. this is so painful!! Everyone deserves a shoulder to lean on and an ear to always listen to them, their pain.
    For everyone who is or has ever gone through mental illness or just sadness please know that you are not alone, open up and seek for someone, something that can help u go through your hardships, the gift and beauty that is life no matter how hard a day can be.
    PLEASE KEEP LIVING!

I am crying my balls out, 2017 is definitely a year I will never forget

I am here praying for Jonghyun, Lee Ui soo, Kim Joo Hyuk and Choi Seo In (May heaven welcome you and give you that hug and comfort you were seeking in this life)

11. gay6

gay6 Artist

man i know it’s useless but im still kinda in denial i can believe this has happened ))):