SM ignored Sulli’s complaints

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Taeri, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Taeri

Taeri Married to @NBW

Currency:
    MD
    This is making me mad istg

But doesn’t give any excuses to the commenters

2. laaaaaayla96

laaaaaayla96 Newbie

Currency:
    It’s sad that this doesn’t even surprise me.

That poor girl <3

Gold_Chilli and Blaenavon9 like this.
  3. 148512717

148512717 Trainee

Currency:
    So many of my favourite artists are under that company and I'm honestly so scared for them. Yeri still constantly gets body shamed/ gets hate for breathing. Others too. When will they take care of their artists? When will they learn a lesson?

4. GrapeGrope

GrapeGrope ♕Armyonce Queen♕

Currency:
    SM had one fucking job...

5. Akeryu

Akeryu Rookie

Currency:
    Being busy

6. hopeonthestreet

hopeonthestreet Public Figure

Currency:
    Hopin' around
    I hope this open the eyes of the people who said SM has nothing to be blamed of. Let's hope they learn something from this and they are gonna treat their idols better. Same goes for the other companies who are too passive(yes, i'm looking at you YG)

7. Hallybell

Hallybell Leader

Currency:
    Taeyeon, Krystal, Yeri or Sulli have always been big targets for Knetzs but SM never did anything.

8. Rose_Milk_Tae

Rose_Milk_Tae Newbie

Currency:
    11 years deep into kpop's ass
    Some SM artists basically had to do their own legal actions against malicious comments because SM don't do shit.

SM never learns.

9. BlackpinkHouse

BlackpinkHouse Super Rookie

Currency:
    Lee Soo Man don't care about idols wellbeing. They are replaceable, expendable commodities to him. The entire concept of NCT pretty much turns real human beings and artists into replaceable spare parts to be shuttled here or there depending on what the SM overlords want. He lost 3 members of EXO like in one year to lawsuits all alleging harmful working conditions and he literally did not give two fucks, he went ahead with 9 members come hell or high water. We've seen reports of NCT members getting IV drips, now i just saw rumors of SuPERM members looking exhausted. Suicides of Shinee and now fx members.

He's a slave driver, plain and simple. Fuck him.

10. missprettyfug

missprettyfug Trainee

Currency:
    The thing is, they HAVE tried to sue her antis before, but she just forgave them for whatever reason. That and they can’t protect her from the whole country who was ready to slam her no matter what she did. SM treated this girl like a princess and she was allowed way more control of her life and career choices then what most idols can even dream about.

I understand your upset but blaming this mostly on SM is just ridiculous. Those knetz are literally insane. They created a similar hate agenda for Tablo and traumatized him for life, even after he found the hate leader and sued.

The mistake SM made with Sulli was marketing her as some innocent flower that obviously wasn’t the person she was in real life. Once her psycho fans ,K pervs, noticed the hate started.

11. Kouss

Kouss Super Rookie

Currency:
    Ok I know a lot of you are upset but COME ON. Stop trying the blame SM. Lots of companies have taken legal action against malicious comments and it rarely does anything. Maybe 2-3 fans get legal letters, get scared and stop. SM literally does not have the power to stop every single comment.

I know we praise companies when they do take action, but often times it’s symbolic and doesn’t really stop anyone from writing mean comments. It’s honestly a waste of resources to track down commentors personnel information, draft legal letter, and get it delivered, just for 3 people to get scared and some others, but eventually people forget about the threat of legal action and go back to talking shit.

12. hopeonthestreet

Currency:
    Hopin' around
    Do you have a source for this? I think it would've been mentioned if that was the case. It looks like BS to me.

13. sonemariam

sonemariam Star

Currency:
    Idol
    I agree. SM let her leave Fx, she chose to become an actress and seemed to have more control over her career.

SM could have done better but I don't think they did nothing.

And true, after leaving Fx, Sulli should have been marketed differently because her public personality changed, she started dating publicly, freely posting things that she wouldn't post as an idol, all that attracted negative attention.

Justherefordisc and Sassy_Me like this.
  14. waspree

waspree Rookie

Currency:
    Where are the ones who were just kissing SM's feet just yesterday?

15. edgelord

edgelord Trainee

Currency:
    Idk whether it's true or not but someone said she tried to sue an antis but dropped the case after knowing that she's still a student

Sassy_Me likes this.
  16. missprettyfug

missprettyfug Trainee

Currency:
    The biggest one I can currently find with articles to back it is from 2014 when her reputation had already taken a hit and she was admitted to the hospital for her wrist injury. Some spiteful girl spread a rumor about her visiting a gynecologist or something (she was also with Choiza) that eventually led to rumors of her being pregnant which then caused people to call her all sorts of derogatory terms.

Here’s when SM first addressed to issue:
    https://www.soompi.com/article/5953...gal-action-against-rumors-involving-fxs-sulli
    When they dropped the lawsuit per Sullis request: unfortunately I have to link netizensbuzz because I cannot read Korean
    http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2014/06/sm-drops-lawsuit-against-woman.html?m=1
    *comments on site give more info on sulli as well as other SM artists dropping lawsuits against spiteful a - holes

17. sonemariam

sonemariam Star

Currency:
    Idol
    Imo, SM didn't do enough to help but Sulli needed more help than SM could offer.

She signed to SM really young so her parents had to consent for everything that happened in her career. Her family needed to offer more love and support, if they so that being a celebrity wasn't healthy for her, they would have advised her to quit.

Besides, she took a break from the industry for about a year before it was announced she wasn't part of Fx anymore. That stalled Fx promotions and later contributed to their downfall but SM didn't complain.

I think her illness kept growing to a point where no help was useful, nobody could save her from herself especially when she lived alone.

This whole thing makes me think of Zendaya, she was asked why she doesn't drink and she said, she doesn't want to rely on anything during hard times given her busy schedule and life, she said she prefers healthier ways of dealing with hard times and she said she wasn't moving out of her parents' house because she still needs their love and care, she said they have a routine and her mom wakes her up etc

Every celebrity needs a good, strong and smart support system around them, and clearly, these idols lack that. They mainly depend on their managers and assistants who are around for jobs to get paid at the end of the day or month yet the idols need more than that.

18. KAMlTRUTH

KAMlTRUTH Rookie

Currency:
    Looking cute
    I said this like yesterday and ppl were defending SM for the billionth time.

19. Elliah

Elliah Trendsetter

Currency:
    Wtf SM.... They have done it for artists before... I remember some of those who wrote malicious comments towards Taeyeon and Chanyeol got legally punished.. why couldn't they do it for Sulli???

sonemariam likes this.
  20. hopeonthestreet

Currency:
    Hopin' around
    They're still here don't worry, company stans never change. They will defend the company to the edge of the world.
    That's like 5 years ago and it was a single case. Maybe she thought that by forgiving an anti would've resulted in her being more liked. Forgiving in this kind of cases is something that's happening pretty often. That's definitely not enough from SM and now we know she also requested other actions but SM didn't give a damn.