skincare routine

Discussion in 'Fashion & Beauty' started by magicalqueen, May 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. VIPishere

VIPishere Newbie

Currency:
    Cleanse, tone and moisturize and thats it.

2. ElineQute

ElineQute Trainee

Currency:
    Bubble Cleanser -> Toner -> Mask -> Mario Badescu drying lotion

3. LuuB

LuuB Newbie

Currency:
    Charcoal face masks do wonders

4. redflagged

redflagged Newbie

Currency:
    Try tea tree oil... Fuck proactive/neutrogena/ect. Don't use that commercial shit... Use the plants

5. allysseTV

allysseTV Newbie

Currency:
    K-pop Artist & Mentor
    You have to be careful with the Korean skincare products. Read labels.

6. cherrythesecond

Currency:
    hello everybody!

I would like to ask you all a question about the quantity of skin care products you use on a daily basis.

I started with a Korean skin care regime (mostly 7 steps at night & 5 steps in the morning) and accutane at around the same time (6 months ago). At the moment my skin is the best it has ever been. Of course it's difficult to say which part is due to the medication and which thanks to the Korean skin care routine. But I feel like the Korean skin care did help me quite a lot and my skin texture definitely improved.

However, my dermatologist (and another one my friend goes to) recommended to use as little skin care products as possible. He ensured me that I use too much and that my acne might come back after stopping the medication due to an overuse of products. He also said that a make-up remover, a cleanser & a moisturiser is enough.

So, I don't know... what do you guys think? I live in Europe and therefore my dermatologist isn't korean and might not be too familiar with their habits of treating their skin.

I really want my skin to stay the way it is now. I am not an expert at all means & I guess my dermatologist surely knows what he is recommending to his clients... but on the other side I think all those steps in the Korean skin care are helping...

What would you suggest?

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

xoxo

7. LDarling

LDarling Newbie

Currency:
    Consultant
    Do as she says :cool:

8. pradaplug

pradaplug Newbie

Currency:
    wash face with soap

9. Candy416

Candy416 Newbie

Currency:
    I have normal skin so I like the Vitamin E range in Body Shop, in the morning I wash my face with water, then the light day moisturizer, put on SPF, no makeup.

Before sleep the light cleanser, toner, light moisturizer again (sometimes add Argan Oil drops after) once a week I replace the light moisturizer with the night moisture mask.

That's it really, simple, minimal and works well for me. Depending on your skin type some people cleanse and tone twice a day (morning/night) which is good for oily skin, but if you have normal skin once before bed is enough.

Every once in a while I use a sheet mask from the Face Shop, mostly to pamper myself and relax.

If I had to put on makeup, I like the natural look. I use Chanel, a bit expensive but quality wise it's worth the price. I'll put a primer, concealer, blush, use an eyelash curler and lipstick of course. Maybe an eyeliner/eyeshadow if it's a night thing. No foundation. Make sure to wash it all before bed.

Also, water! Drink water! 2L every day (work up to that of course). There's a reason everyone keeps saying it. It's actually magic! Take care of yourself on the inside and it'll show on the outside!

10. GoldenComp

GoldenComp Newbie

Currency:
    I usually wash my face with the ashes of my enemies

magito and beanzies like this.
  11. forcecrush

forcecrush Super Rookie

Currency:
    I prefer tears

12. zakharovich

zakharovich Super Rookie

Currency:
    Lurking on PLKP's profile.
    Daytime -- Cleansing - Toning - Moisturizing (If I'm going out sunscreen which I religiously reapply)
    Night -- Cleansing - Toning - Face oil (Currently, I'm using Clarins Lotus Oil. Previously it was Trilogy Rosehip Oil)
    Once a week - I exfoliate
    Twice or Thrice I put on a homemade face mask which will address the issues on my face